Note to New Members ×

Tunes while you ride?

NoWeddings.com

How often do you rock the helmet (or other) audio while riding?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you rock the helmet (or other) audio while riding?

• Never
    • Seldom
    • 50/50
    • Usually
    • Always

Good one Flounder.

Here are a few from my current setlist

Band ---- Song

Pixies ---- Debaser

At the Drive In ---- Picket Fence Cartel

Tool ---- Aenema

Henry Rollins ---- Bottom

!!! ---- King's Weed

Wolfmother ---- Apple Tree

Galactic ---- Bobski-Jeffe 2000

Ghostface Killah ---- Kilo

Eagles of Death Metal ---- Whorehoppin'

When skiing or riding solo I dig it! But we all know this is a social sport at heart and playing music while riding with others is just plain rude.

Kinda dig lite jazz or white trash music, really diggin' old AC/DC these days.

agreed.solo though,Bon Scott rules! "Ride On" up and "Rocker" down.Brian Johnson era favorite starting with the intro as I'm getting off the lift at the start of an epic run;live Thunderstruck.

I just stick the remote (or nowadays the whole iPod) in my mitt and then I can have rhythm whilst I ride, but talk when I'm stopped. The best of both worlds. Piste is one of the best places to listen to music for me.

In powder I use music less; the occasional blast through a first growth forest to something good is fun, but the silence there is magical anyway.

When skiing or riding solo I dig it! But we all know this is a social sport at heart and playing music while riding with others is just plain rude.

Kinda dig lite jazz or white trash music, really diggin' old AC/DC these days.

Does that mean there was a time when you weren't digging old AC/DC? Nice you're back.

I have to admit to not riding to music as much as I used to,but playing what I want to have ringing in my head while driving to the hill.May sound strange,but I would be riding with the theme to Barney ringing in my head on any given morning otherwise.To me music of the right type at the right time is like nutrition or even better,like a legal performance enhancing drug.

I agree the hills are alive with the sound of music

so I use etymotic research ER-4P earsphones, they allow me to hear ambient noise also

That sounds like a great product. The only reason I don't listen to tunes on the slope is sound my be the last chance you get to avoid a collision with a straightliner. Those earphones sound like the best of both worlds. My Christmas list just got longer -Thanks!

<flamebait>

Aerosmith, "hard rock"?

Bwahahahaha!!!

</flamebait>

For me, I simply can't ride with music. I can't drive with it either.

When I'm working (summertime, at a computer), I can't work without, it helps / forces me to ignore any external stimuli, which is probably why I find it screws me up when riding or driving. But I'm odd like that, I guess.

Simon

For me, I simply can't ride with music. I can't drive with it either.

Heh, I've got to turn it down to make a turn in the car LOL!

Those Etymotic really block out the external sound, I can see my wife's mouth moving but I can't hear her with them in. A bit "too" isolating for me on the hill. But maybe I just need practice.

I listen to tunes about 90% of the time. I use the "tune-ups" earpads for my Giro Fuse. I keep volume so it's like background music and I can still hear everything...even bombers on my tail. Top it all off, for 30bucks these things have really decent bass for cheap headphones. Hard to find any phones at that price that sound as good. And on the lift I mute with a button on the cord. They keep the ears toasty too.

J

You are kidding right??? I dont even think about riding without tunes. Sh!t, I have been known to bring back up players on trips just in case :freak3: I use Grio Tune-ups and use a Nano with a remote. I put a stomp nugget on the pause play button on the remote so when I press on my pocket it activates the pause. That way I can talk and listen to people when I need to. Then I just tap the pocket when I get up and back to the jam. Makes a play list last MUCH longer too.

I listen to XM-BPM or Serius-The Beat type music

Guest shrederjen

Hendrix, Metallica, Bob Schneider, Floyd, Dead, maybe some funky blues like old Clapton. Those are what I like to ride to. :) Yes, once in a while, ya might see me crackup because something silly like Alligater Dave or Bevis and Butt Head come on... Riding with tunes in pow, is great. oh yea, Chile.....