Note to New Members ×

Sizing for an all-mountain board

dshack

I'll be riding almost exclusively at mt hood, mostly carving on inconsistent grooming, though I like hitting the backside bowl as well.

"Backside Bowl"??? , did you go with the "Fusion" pass or are you going to be riding Meadows? I will be happy to help you fill the "Big Alpine" board experience gap :eplus2: and if you ride Ski Bowl/ Timberline, hook up with Slopetool for some bigger alpine boards. Either way , get your all around board dialed and we can supply the thrills on the good groomer / go hard alpine days. You are set!

Bryan

PS, I think the Tinkler 203cm should do the trick :biggthump

Hey Brian, I'm coming to OES so I want to ride the 203. I've never seen a Tinkler but just seeing the pictures with the struts controlling the flex, looks like aerospace engineering. I have a feel that you own everything made, so I assume you will come with a van with like a hundred boards or so? A demo day that would be mind boggling.

Hey Brian, I'm coming to OES so I want to ride the 203. I've never seen a Tinkler but just seeing the pictures with the struts controlling the flex, looks like aerospace engineering. I have a feel that you own everything made, so I assume you will come with a van with like a hundred boards or so? A demo day that would be mind boggling.

We will see, I honestly do not loan the Tinklers to just anyone, especially those that don't spell my name right? :p :biggthump

BrYan

Unfortunately, I've got a meadows pass (everyone from my school rides meadows), so I may not see you all as much as I'd like. If t-line opens in the near future, though, I might need to grab a day pass.

I've seen a few guys rip at meadows on Tinklers. Not sure if it was the board or the man, but heads were turning.

The prior sounds real tempting, it was stiffened for a 130lb woman, so should be about right for me. On the other hand, the escape is very affordable, and has a pretty good reputation and a little more surface area for powder. I think I'm probably leaning in that direction.

I've seen a few guys rip at meadows on Tinklers. Not sure if it was the board or the man, but heads were turning.

That would be Bryan, Mike Tinkler and ??? Great riders *and* great boards. Fun to watch, for sure!

Bryan is a Meadows devotee, so you may be in luck... if you can catch him. Look for Jim/PO6781 there, too. His picture (on hardboots on a Tanker, I think) is/was on the Meadows trail map. I wonder if he'll still talk to us, now that he's famous?

Slopetool is the SkiBowl and Timberline guy. Look for the Prograss board.

Great crew up there!

That would be Bryan, Mike Tinkler and ??? Great riders *and* great boards. Fun to watch, for sure!

Bryan is a Meadows devotee, so you may be in luck... if you can catch him. Look for Jim/PO6781 there, too. His picture (on hardboots on a Tanker, I think) is/was on the Meadows trail map. I wonder if he'll still talk to us, now that he's famous?

Slopetool is the SkiBowl and Timberline guy. Look for the Prograss board.

Great crew up there!

[ahem]

I guess that's what I get for doing more lurking than posting.

Any chance of seeing you and Buell in Oregon this winter other than OES?

[ahem]

I guess that's what I get for doing more lurking than posting.

Any chance of seeing you and Buell in Oregon this winter other than OES?

:lol: That's funny! I thought about including you in the Meadows list, but didn't know if you'd like me volunteering you as a tour guide. The other guys... well, I figure they'll forgive me.

dshack! Ride with Dan! He is a pond-skimmin' hard-bootin' monster! Also a fellow lightweight and all-around good guy.

Dan - we'll be in Oregon until mid-December, riding mostly at Bachelor, then back to UT for a couple of months. Thinking of heading to or through the Wasatch this year? Come see us!

If I'm not mistaken, I met Dan on one of my first few days out; he was ripping on a Madd BX. I was going to grab a ride with him to last year's OES, but I got swamped with schoolwork.

That's me, though "ripping" is being awfully charitable. I'll see you up at Meadows this season!

Dan - we'll be in Oregon until mid-December, riding mostly at Bachelor, then back to UT for a couple of months. Thinking of heading to or through the Wasatch this year? Come see us!

Hey Zoom, thanks! I'm not expecting to make it down south this year...if I make a trip it will probably be Whitefish/Fernie, or something on the way, like Schweitzer. If I unexpectedly find myself in the UT area though, I'll get in touch.

I'll probably be at Bachelor around Christmas, but I guess you two will be gone by then - I'll hope to catch up at OES.

Hey Zoom, thanks! I'm not expecting to make it down south this year...if I make a trip it will probably be Whitefish/Fernie, or something on the way, like Schweitzer. If I unexpectedly find myself in the UT area though, I'll get in touch.

I'll probably be at Bachelor around Christmas, but I guess you two will be gone by then - I'll hope to catch up at OES.

Dan gimme a holler when you're here. I will be around all during the xmas-new years break and riding often.

How do you think the oxygen apx in the classifieds would carve compared to the escape? It's got a .4cm wider waist, and a 1m larger turn radius. I've heard the oxygen protons are nice and damp, but I don't know anything about the apx. It's priced about identical.

Thanks for all your help, guys. My dream is to one day have ridden enough boards that I can give n00bs advice like y'all.