Note to New Members ×

This is torture!

carverchick

I think I know what you should do to prepare for winter. turn your ac on full blast and put on a bikini. that will prepare you for the cold of winter. reccomend doing this several times a day, and posting pictures so we can make sure you're doing it right.

Trust me, I'm a doctor

(well...my avatar is)

:D :eplus2: :D :eplus2: :D :eplus2: :D :eplus2: :D :eplus2: :D :eplus2:

EXTREMLEY antsy. My girlfriend got new skis for her birthday (10, Oct), and she got super-pumped about the upcoming season. Her stoke didn't rub off on me until I bought a pair of tele-skis about a week or so ago. Then it snowed in the mountains. Then they started blowing snow on my free mountain. Then there were a few flakes on my deck and grass yesterday morning. It's like winter is just ****ing with me, waiting for me to explode. Damn you winter!!! Get down here already!

You have no idea how anxious I am about winter. It might be some sort of sickness, but any time I hear anybody, ANYBODY, mention anything, ANYTHING about snow... If I even THINK I hear the word snow, I have to stop and let everybody know, even complete strangers, how badly I want it to snow. No joke, people around me regret saying the word snow.

SNOW!!

Pfffft! The nerve of them.

What really tweaks me is the frikcijng, prejudiced, stinking weather people who insist on putting their judgements of good and bad on the weather.

Example: 4-5 inches of snow tonight and more bad weather tomorrow with colder weather and more snow.

:mad: jacka$$es. Like they would know good or bad if it whopped 'em upside the head.

To me that is a glorious weather forecast.

I agree about the forecasters. I always laugh when they whine about the snow and cold!

We keep getting little teaser storms dusting the Mountain and then it warms up again. It's killing me too.

I'm going to the TGR ski and board movie this Friday and that's just going to make it even worse.

Come on winter!

What really tweaks me is the frikcijng, prejudiced, stinking weather people who insist on putting their judgements of good and bad on the weather.

Example: 4-5 inches of snow tonight and more bad weather tomorrow with colder weather and more snow.

:mad: jacka$$es. Like they would know good or bad if it whopped 'em upside the head.

To me that is a glorious weather forecast.

They're right, but for the wrong reasons... A GOOD forcast would be 12-16 inches of snow tonight...

it's still OCT...I honestly don't expect to even think about snowboarding until mid to late December. Weekend after next I'm going to Mt Holyoke to take a lesson in speedboarding from a kid who wasn't even alive when I joined the Navy (and I retire next year) but it's better to learn from a pro (or at least and extremely talented amateur). Snow can come whenever as long as I get a few more good weekends of skating before-hand

it's still OCT...I honestly don't expect to even think about snowboarding until mid to late December. Weekend after next I'm going to Mt Holyoke to take a lesson in speedboarding from a kid who wasn't even alive when I joined the Navy (and I retire next year) but it's better to learn from a pro (or at least and extremely talented amateur). Snow can come whenever as long as I get a few more good weekends of skating before-hand

Who is your instructor...BP (SK)?

Good skating with you in Needham - figured we'd cross paths again, maybe next year...or let me know if you are ever up here at Sugarbush.

Who is your instructor...BP (SK)?

Good skating with you in Needham - figured we'd cross paths again, maybe next year...or let me know if you are ever up here at Sugarbush.

yeah BP and a few of the other youth speed corps that seem to make New England their home. I plan on picking their brains a bit and...I want to learn to drift, Mt Holyoke ain't the best place to learn to drift but its a place, right now I can only slide. With luck I'll have a set of Fishballs to practice on as well as my Avila's...

yeah it kinda surprised me that we didn't cross paths again but then my work took me out of town during many of the good races this year....you on the other hand took the Slalom world by storm

Antsy about snow? :lol: Oh hell yes I am!! I just got my new head hardboots(first winter with hardboots, woot) and my new high society softboot board has just been staring at me lately. Plus I just ordered some new cateks!! I'm stoked, I couldn't afford to do much hardbooting last year(ok I got one day in on some demos) but now I got the whole setup, a hardboot board/bindings/boots and a softboot board/bindings/boots!:biggthump I can't wait to move back to aspen again and start shoveling snow/being a liftie. I should be able to start riding less than a week after I get there, before the mountains even open. You know I'm excited to ride when I get excited to shovel snow:smashfrea . But hey I shovel, they give me a ticket, not all bad, should be a good winter!:cool: I do need to get out and skate a few times before I leave the desert though, longboarding rocks.

That's local? That's a decent drive from Oconomowoc to be considered local, but I agree as far as the midwest the UP has some of the best riding. I hadn't been to Indianhead in probably 10-15 years and went back last year. I had probably the best day riding in a long time. Local for me is Sunburst where it's 2-3 turns and you're down. Brule is usually the 1st bump open.

Along with WW, Geck and Wave, longboarding this summer has definitely kept the monkey off my back. I havent thought about carving at all this summer. I started out skatecarving and got into a bit of sliding with JBS, but am trying to go full bore speedboarding.

The charge I get from a 45 MPH + run is close to, if not higher than the charge of a perfect cord run.

Gecko, I would be interested to see how lesson turns out for you. I have mostly been a self taught kind of guy, but I cant seem to find the right kind of hill here in the Poconos to teach myself drifting and such. I have found some good ones, but not the right one for drifting.

Some hills are either too flat, too rough, or too steep (13%) and straight. The ones that are turny are two lane roads that end at stop signs or red lights with many driveways.

The traffic along these roads reminds me of why I sold my Harley, too many looneys not paying attention. Almost got hit this morning on the burm, walking back up a hill against traffic on a long straight away and the kid didnt notice me until the last second because he was rubber necking out the window. Cant imagine If I was drifting a corner with no traffic control.

Thinking about making a roadtrip north to hook up with some folks to a day session or two. Have fun.

PS. My first drop deck will be coming out of the press Friday afternoon and I intend on skating it saturday. I will let you know how it goes. I will try and get some pics on if time allows.

yeah it kinda surprised me that we didn't cross paths again but then my work took me out of town during many of the good races this year....you on the other hand took the Slalom world by storm

Thanks for the props, but I wouldn't say "by storm". I was very happy with the improvement over the summer after 22 years off the board. The people who race are awesome. I owe a lot to the Canadians, especially the Fullbag and Kebbek teams...and PSR as well.

As far as the thread topic...I'm never antsy. I've always had other sports I like just as much as snownboarding.

Mig, Louis, Julie and Danilo - Team Fullbag

zzfullbagteam_2.jpg

Photo by Julie Boulanger

Dinner at the Canada, Swiss, German house - Worlds 2007...me with my mouth full at far right.

ganghouse.jpg

Photo by Julie Boulanger