Note to New Members ×

Is Skatha stil around?

tex1230

Jesus Tapdancing Christ! How's that feel in direct sunlight! Got any pics?

I'm imagining something between a football shaped window treatment and a mini sized ocular camel-toe...

Funny you should say that. I have taken pics of at least half of my injuries, but that one only took a butterfly bandage. I should have taken one of when I was stabbed in the face by my own surfboard. Got a three finger wide hole in the middle of my cheek and the nose broke off in my jaw. Plastic surgery is wonderful thing.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ! How's that feel in direct sunlight! Got any pics?

I'm imagining something between a football shaped window treatment and a mini sized ocular camel-toe...

I gotta say, that's the first time I've EVER heard the phrase "mini sized ocular camel-toe.":eek:

Funny you should say that. I have taken pics of at least half of my injuries, but that one only took a butterfly bandage. I should have taken one of when I was stabbed in the face by my own surfboard. Got a three finger wide hole in the middle of my cheek and the nose broke off in my jaw. Plastic surgery is wonderful thing.

Ding Dang, son! That's what I call a body piercing....Too bad it didn't go through both cheeks, you could have put a huge decorative bone in there.

I had a less impressive cheek-vent when I got sucker-punched by a bouncer many many years ago at a bachelor's party. From what I hear, afterwards I was trying to impress folks by stumbling around filling my mouth with beer and blowing it out my new blow hole...

Hey. We're not all that bad. I've had my fair share of bumps, but I've never broken a bone or even sprained a joint in my body. You just gotta learn how to fall.

My snowboarding injuries include:

2x stuff the nose and really cleaned my clock (but no injuries besides really bad head/body aches)

1x coming into the lodge fast and as I was stopping I caught my toe edge.. Did a superman for a couple feet and then landed on my belly.

1x in the pipe, a couple feet above the lip, ended up on my left side with the edge of the pipe somewhere in between my knee and my waist with my legs hangin off the side.. That kinda tweaked my back up a bit.

1x hit a bad jump in which my board went sideways and I went straight. Landed on my chin... Minor concussion probably.

1x unsuccessful ollie over an icechunk the size of my head. Which is ironic, since that's what I landed on.

I think those are prettymuch the hardest ones I've had...

I gotta say, that's the first time I've EVER heard the phrase "mini sized ocular camel-toe.":eek:

dano is one funny beeeotch when he's loaded. You have to listen closely to the guttural mumbling sometimes or you might miss some true comedy.

my worse snowboarding injury was a snapped radius/ulna resulting in 12 screws and titanium plates. Man, did that suck. :mad:

dano took me out once trying to hook my legs out from under me with his board at a high rate of speed. no injuries but scared the crap outa me.

:AR15firin if only he could go fast enough to just get past me :lol:

post-123-141842235323_thumb.jpg

Well then. If the tequila was subpar, then it serves you right.

Back then I thought "el toro" was good...good for delayed craziness episodes and horrible 2 day hangovers...

Actually this summer I discovered Gran Centenario. It's been on sale at Kappy's for $30 for the Blanca and now the Reposado is only $33.

Both are smooth enough for enjoying on the rocks or limeless shots.

IMHO it is much smother than the $65 Patron I was getting... of course now I can justify drinking twice as much.

http://tequilasource.com/grancentenario/index.html

Hey Willy, I hit you from behind so by definition I was going MUCH faster than you.

post-182-141842235324_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm still not walking straight. I can't run, jump, or skip. Changing directions while walking is still a pain in the ass, and I'm not skateboarding 5 months after, like I'd hoped I would be...

Lots of other "minor" (yes, I'm guilty of over/improper usage of quotations) injuries, but none that have ever taken this long to heal.

Still, as soon as the hardware comes out, I'm going back. And since the family is slowly forgetting, I'm probably gonna keep the majority of my gear too.

Oh, and I get hurt because my gear doesn't do what it's supposed to do, the resort personnel are lazy and irresponsible, and the other patrons on the mountain are complete f**king morons. It has nothing to do with my skills and abilities (or lack of)... :rolleyes::lol:

Still, no one that I'm responsible for, other than myself, so I don't have to think very much. And, to my own credit, I don't.

Bull,

I hear ya, man.

I've been gimping around for 6 weeks with either a groin pull or something in my hip( top of my femur) and it's a real PITA. Can't run, skip or jump either.

It must be from a kitesurfing crash.

Been hitting the treadmill hard everyday and it seems to help (plus I need to drop some weight) but can't do more than a power walk 3.0 with some incline.

I just hope it's not still screwed up when the snow flies, can't imagine missing a season of carving.

I DO still retain the hardware in my arm, D Sub. I can sometimes set off the wand at airport security, always good for a laugh.

Injuries come and go when you play hard.

My neighbor still plays semi pro football at 43, he's a part time fireman and one tough bastid.

Dirtbiking used to beat me up pretty good- shoulders, knees, lower back.

and don't worry about the "overuse" of quotes, emoticons, run on sentences,nonsensical rambling and going off "off" topic, bad spelling.....etc.

just as long as it's half interesting, informative or funny :cool:

who cares ?

it's only a forum.......I'm sorry, could you repeat the question ? :smashfrea

off to get my eyes checked out for potential Lasik surgery

Bull,

and don't worry about the "overuse" of quotes, emoticons, run on sentences,nonsensical rambling and going off "off" topic, bad spelling.....etc.

just as long as it's half interesting, informative or funny :cool:

who cares ?

it's only a forum.......I'm sorry, could you repeat the question ? :smashfrea

off to get my eyes checked out for potential Lasik surgery

Guilty on all counts.

Lasik really helped me with seeing all of the surface irregularities snowboarding and surfing. No more contact lenses!