Note to New Members ×

Is Skatha stil around?

tex1230

You almost sound upset/irritated. :rolleyes:

It seems like no excuse/reason is good enough for stopping, short of getting your leg amputated or being paralyzed.

Besides, she's a doctor, I doubt she's concerned with squeezing ever single dollar out of the sale possible. She's probably just trying to get some gas/shopping money out of belongings that have been demoted to "garage sale junk." Also, she had her stuff up here in the classifieds, and I didn't see any fish biting.

its nice that we have people like you looking out for our stuff, tex. I've been robbed twice, but luckily nothing except video games were taking from me. If anyone stole my stuff out here, they'd have a hard time pawning or selling it off without people on bomber finding it. Its sweet having unique equipment :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that was me getting robbed-UPS/USPS wanted too much for shipping for me to sell myself..

I'm not back, just curious.......

There wasn't one day of snowboarding that will ever replace the sensation of my shoulder coming out of its socket at the drive-thru at Chic-fil-a when I was trying to put my kids' drinks in the back seat-in a car with a manual tranny, no less. Knowing that I had an unstable shoulder joint because of snowboarding. And this coming on the heels of having two surgeries just so I could walk without pain as a result of an talus fracture sustained while snowboarding. Forget it. My job is to pay my kids way through school, not finance multiple joint reconstructive surgeries

Yes, that was me getting robbed-UPS/USPS wanted too much for shipping for me to sell myself..

I'm not back, just curious.......

There wasn't one day of snowboarding that will ever replace the sensation of my shoulder coming out of its socket at the drive-thru at Chic-fil-a when I was trying to put my kids' drinks in the back seat-in a car with a manual tranny, no less. Knowing that I had an unstable shoulder joint because of snowboarding. And this coming on the heels of having two surgeries just so I could walk without pain as a result of an talus fracture sustained while snowboarding. Forget it. My job is to pay my kids way through school, not finance multiple joint reconstructive surgeries

I waited over a month for you to ship the 4807 without anymore email replies. Just say,"I changed my mind."

Maybe she was worried she'd get injured shipping the board, Jim. Have some patience, dude!

Yeah, I think I still have all of the emails...then nothing. I'm not pissed and her injury is tragic. Just wanted to let her read that I feel like I was brushed off. She could have raised the price or said no deal. I'll take the un-smiley face off. :p

I have a surgeon next door that indulges in waffling from great guy to d--k every other week. I guess I am associating him with Cindy. My bad.

I was being facetious, man. The "brush off" is a common phenomenon in the modern world, though.

people who are accident/injury prone should definitely not partake in high-risk sports. I still get this "it's snowboarding's fault" vibe from the whole thing, which is lame.

I was being facetious, man. The "brush off" is a common phenomenon in the modern world, though.

people who are accident/injury prone should definitely not partake in high-risk sports. I still get this "it's snowboarding's fault" vibe from the whole thing, which is lame.

I try and give an accurate description of the "first season snowboarding experience" to a wannabe over 30. Shoots, I got a concussion and torn eyelid (thought that the steeps would be easier) at the end of the first day. Two more concussions before finally wearing a helmet.

Also got a fractured hip, completey separated ribs, sprained knees and broken clavicle.

I try and give an accurate description of the "first season snowboarding experience" to a wannabe over 30. Shoots, I got a concussion and torn eyelid (thought that the steeps would be easier) at the end of the first day. Two more concussions before finally wearing a helmet.

Also got a fractured hip, completey separated ribs, sprained knees and broken clavicle.

Damn I'm glad I started this sport when I was 11 years old, bulletproof, and made of rubber :D

Jeez, man! TORN EYELID?

lets see...broken left hand, broken left arm, left hip problems, scar on face from eating a tree, right shoulder pops all the time.

difference is I don't have anyone else I am responsible for. I understand this part of skatha's decision without a doubt.

Jeez, man! TORN EYELID?

lets see...broken left hand, broken left arm, left hip problems, scar on face from eating a tree, right shoulder pops all the time.

difference is I don't have anyone else I am responsible for. I understand this part of skatha's decision without a doubt.

Yeah, I toned it down when my son was born. That was 1985.

post-154-141842235311_thumb.jpg

Jeez, man! TORN EYELID?

Yup, payin for your playin. Good on ya D-Sub.

I'm with Neil on this one.....years of skateboarding make snowboarding a lot easier even if it's not directly related up until this year I have never hurt myself snowboarding...ven this year I didn't do any really damage just a lot of strains and sprains from my yard sale encounter...the same cannot be said for skateboarding which is why I skate with full pads, helmet, an ankle brace and wrist guards. Even if I don't fall (i don't consider sliding out on my knees to be a fall btw) I always hurt after a full day of skating (makes beer taste better though) the same can't be said for snowboarding normally.

geez I am obviously not trying hard enough. either that or I really am bullet proof:biggthump No injuries worth telling since I started in 1986. I wear a helmet and full armor now though. the only ouch days have involved getting run over by a mentally deficient straightlining skier.:smashfrea or poorly fitted boots:D

geez I am obviously not trying hard enough. either that or I really am bullet proof:biggthump No injuries worth telling since I started in 1986. I wear a helmet and full armor now though. the only ouch days have involved getting run over by a mentally deficient straightlining skier.:smashfrea or poorly fitted boots:D

It helps when my friends demand that I go big. So why launch up/down off a medium sized bump when I could intentionally land 10' past the landing to be mas macho. Too bad a little asian woman on skis decided it was safe to sitdown where I had planned to stomp my landing. There even was a skier spotting, but he only looked at me as I gave him a wave. So instead of killing the poor girl I twisted holding my board behind my back and tried to superman and curve my body to the side of her. So I slammed down on my left side taking her ski boot to the ribs and was momentarily knocked out. She got a concussion from the heel of my right hand and a broken collarbone from my helmetless head. No blame was assigned to me.

Anyway, I refused the sled and boarded down to the aid station in shock. They gave me a lame diagnosis by pushing on my chest (no sh_t) and saying,"well your ribs are not broken," and gave me 10 advil which I took immediately because I had promised to put my carving gear on for at least a few runs. This is running on because I was in a flat spot at the top ahead of another carver when I stopped a little downhill and put my hands on a wall of snow to turn around to see where he was. While twisting around my ribs/cartilage completely separated and then clunked back into place. So we did about three runs and bailed. That was late April and I completely healed by September.