Note to New Members ×

Apollo Anton Ohno is taking up Boardercross and will use Alpine Boards

bumpyride

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big disadvatage on this cource is his lack of wieght. I believe these carving cources favour 180 lb.+ riders.

Just curious... Anyone know if it's legal to add weight to your "clothing system" (weights in boot soles, ankle weights, weighted plates on the shins, actually adding weight to the board, etc.) in downhill events? I realize there are diminishing returns to this but I was just wondering about the rules...

Just curious... Anyone know if it's legal to add weight to your "clothing system" (weights in boot soles, ankle weights, weighted plates on the shins, actually adding weight to the board, etc.) in downhill events? I realize there are diminishing returns to this but I was just wondering about the rules...

Actually a person could advance his chances with lead balls. Not only extra weight, but no fear might come into play.

have spent my fair share of time on short track skates.you need big balls in any sport where its manditiry to wear a kelvar neck protector so you don't get your throat slit. both sports it's tactical and you have to have the guts to fight for positioning