The New F2 Lineup

Vandalrob08

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must confess they look pretty cool. I've been riding with Jerry Niedermaier (headshaper at F2) and Christian Veit (one of the sflex developers) two times up on the lift in Ischgl last week and talked with him a bit about the boards. Unluckily their test guy dropped out so they only had a few boards for testing but because of other boards I wanted to test before I didn't even get to test them.

Watch out for the new Sigi Grabner Snowboards - they've got graphics that are falling out like no other snowboard at the present time (some looking like those good old times).

Yes Sir F2 is defifitely going metal. The World Cup Models have a small metal insignia on the top left of the board(Farthest 2 boards in the pic above). The New World Cup F2 will incorporate Titanal mainly near the center of the board under the Binding inserts. My buddy talked with a Canadian Pro rider (Former Team F2) now riding Kessler. This guy said that Next years World Cup Speedster is made to incorporate the "Silent Flex" System. Riding with that system he also said the dampness and Overall Ride is 100% comparible to his Kessler set-up (Along with the Hengl Plate)!!! I think I know what I am getting next season. F2 F2 F2! The new models will also go up in price (Around $900) and the Silent flex will be around ($400).

hell ya! the surf black is the topsheet design contest winner from last summer.

I'm holding off buying any new boards for a long while. Maybe if something in the classifieds catches my eye. I wanna hear some reviews of all their boards when the time comes.

The New World Cup F2 will incorporate Titanal mainly near the center of the board under the Binding inserts. My buddy talked with a Canadian Pro rider (Former Team F2) now riding Kessler. This guy said that Next years World Cup Speedster is made to incorporate the "Silent Flex" System. Riding with that system he also said the dampness and Overall Ride is 100% comparible to his Kessler set-up (Along with the Hengl Plate)!!!

Yes Metal.... There was titnal in this years F2 line also, but not the amount there will be in the WC editions and no The PGS sticks are not comparable to Kessler not even 50%, Although I think the WC line up and Plate will be a force, The shape and build of the Kessler Product is so much different then that of any thing else. The camber, shape, taper and side cut are all PGS and the construction involes channels that no one is duplicating.

I will be riding the Shizzle out of the F2 line and plate next year because it so freeride friendly, But if I was to Compete in PGS at the world level I would be on top of a Kessler. But I think the WC line would give any USASA rider a great ride at a great price. The F2 PSL boards are good enough to ride at the world level right out of the box however, and I am excited to see if F2 can keep riders on Podiums In SL, I think you'll see Kessler dominate PGS again however...

I will be riding the Shizzle out of the F2 line and plate next year because it so freeride friendly, But if I was to Compete in PGS at the world level I would be on top of a Kessler. But I think the WC line would give any USASA rider a great ride at a great price. The F2 PSL boards are good enough to ride at the world level right out of the box however, and I am excited to see if F2 can keep riders on Podiums In SL, I think you'll see Kessler dominate PGS again however...

so wait a second Billy...this doesn't mean you are retiring from the competition circuit does it????

Don't forget about SG next season. Many Kessler riders (mainly europecup) I spoke to at the SG Invitational were stunned about the performance of the 07/08 boards with the new flex choices and are thinking about a switch over both on SL and GS.

Oh and as Sigi seems to build now junior raceboards (I've seen some protos as small as 140cm but maybe missed some even shorter ones) kids will be given for the first time real raceboards too.

My buddy says the F2 SL has an almosty identical flex to the Kessler SL. The "Silent Flex" isn't built in to the board, however, they are plates like the hangle plate, just smaller and less bulky. Im sure that Kessler's Gs boards can't be compared withe F2's Gs boards though.

Most Kesslers are built custom, It is moot to compare a Kessler flex. The top three SL boards are Kessler SG F2 the specs of next years F2 WC SL prodect is the best I have seen from them in years. Bummer is SL Boards get used by racers and with a production SL board a company like F2 can make a small run of SL stick that are truley race ready , However the GS shape is still very free ride frendly so they can make money selling them to everyone. The prodect is great and we will be carrying the WC and s-flex next year but mostly so the average joe can ride them.

I haven't flexed, felt, seen the new O8 SG shapes but enjoyed the ride of the 07 GS shape it was how ever no Kessler. No board is and unless you have ridden a "race" stock Kessler you have no Idea how good a snowboard can be. The metal Priors are probably the best free ride metal board out there, You'll see me on one with what ever plate i am digging at the time.. MMMMM metal. But i'll also make it happen on metal anyu thing, I think I have ridden the metal product from every one. I have a good point of referance, I think currently the Prior is the most fun for recrational riding, Kessler for PGS at the higher levels, And I was loving one of Bozzetos F2 Sl boards for the past few years but also like the stock F2s,

Noah, I have decide to pursue a kiting career, I may show up at a few races but I am really digging the Kite currently, I will however still beat down my fair share of alpine gear and boards deciding what boards are leading the charge. Its not always windy but the lifts almost always run. Its not that i am walking away from Alpine riding I will still be on the hill but i have enough backing to travel and film with kiting. While it cost money out of my own pocket to Race alpine. Its really a financial move. If I could get the same support in Alpine I would be on the road racing.

I lifted a Kessler with Hangl plate and billet binders a month or so back and it felt like it weighed as much as my DH bike.

Almost high 30's? Can that be right?

It must hold a line, but it would rip you in half at the waist if you fcuked up.

I guess it's like the bike... It weighs alot less when you're pinned WFO.