Note to New Members ×

What do you think of my designs?

groovastic

I've been into designing boards past 4 or 5 years. Now I've got 3 boards I've designed, but haven't had them made. I think I'll ask guys at Pogo to make them when I collect money :biggthump Except the last one, Groove FC... I might ask Bruce to make it.

What do you think of these designs?

edit: I put the pic of 181 instead of 183. same specs, only 2 cm shorter nose

post-2165-141842231707_thumb.jpg

post-2165-14184223171_thumb.jpg

post-2165-141842231713_thumb.jpg

I'm no board designer, but is it normal for the highest point of camber to be ahead of the waist?

That i'm just curious about...

And now I start over thinkin stuff..

It seems with the camber being forward, you'd have to work harder to get it to initiate a turn, whereas with the camber back further you could get it to initiate easier, but then the tail would have a whole bunch of life and it would snap you out of one turn and into the next.

But overall, I'm just curious if it is as I see it and why.

I forgot to add that they look dang good though.

That's really cool.

I know nothing about board design and what really make a board a board. Only stats I ever really have a clue for are the SCR, waist width, and overall length.

However, judging from those three stats, it looks like you have a freecarver (top one), an all-mountain (bottom one - groove fc), and something along the lines of a GS board I guess (the 183).

That's awesome. I just hope your pockets are awesome too and those designs connect to your feet some day. :biggthump

They are pretty good. To my opinion the curves of the nose seem to go way back and you tend to lose a lot of effective edge. Same with the tail.

Have in mind that for carving the most important thing is the length of the effective edge!!! Round off your board both nose and tail but always in respect to the effextive edge

They are pretty good. To my opinion the curves of the nose seem to go way back and you tend to lose a lot of effective edge. Same with the tail.

Have in mind that for carving the most important thing is the length of the effective edge!!! Round off your board both nose and tail but always in respect to the effextive edge

I'm not sure if I got it right, since english is not my native language, but I think that boards, especially the first one, has a huge eff edge/overall length ratio. The first one has 171 overall length and 158 running length! I think that's quite a lot! It has no tail and only 13 cm nose length.

I just noticed that the names of the files are Groove. Are you actually going to have Groove manufacture these shapes for you?

Never heared of them! I just liked the name :biggthump

I want my boards to be GROOVY ;)

I think I'll have them manufactured at Pogo.... When I collect money :rolleyes:

the first one for next winter, and the other two probably the year after.

The first one is Ok. Its the other 2 that I am refering to. Have you ever seen the snowboards called GROOVE. They are made in Italy and they have a really short nose to keep an effective edge as long as possible

In fact the 2nd one is designed in two versions. This one, and the one with 2 cm shorter nose, and all the others specs remain the same. and i prefere the shorter design, but i don't know why i put this one here. probably because it's longer, so it sounds more GS.. more dangerous :biggthump

It appears from the image of the top board that the sidecut and nose are not tangent....? Also zero tail is going to make it hooky. There's no significant swing weight penalty for a standard 5cm tail. Burton's forumula for a very long time was 15cm nose, 5cm tail. Worked well.

How ya like these... Looks kinda familiar :eplus2::eplus2:

I only ride groomed slopes and only ride forward. When I saw Shred's PJ and the shape of the Infiltrator I thought to myself I really like that shape, I really need that. It will be the first board I make this summer.... All my boards have that small nose but I really can't wait to try the large sidecut. Sorry Shred... can we work somtin' out on da copyright infringement? :D

post-1505-141842231715_thumb.jpg

post-1505-141842231718_thumb.jpg

Chuck,, make them and they will ride!

I like the 161 sooooooo much.. its so deceiving and it just rides well in everything and rides long with the 14m radius but small when you need it to turn, due to its only 161cm.. again, like I said before ..it plays with your head..

The shape of the nose is great and your tail is nice... the tail on the 161 leave flat..cause you'll need it.. turn up the 178 just a tincy bit..

Wait till you see my lastest creation..... :rolleyes:

small boards large sidecut..no need for anything over 175 anymore..just have to ride em to know..

I know Bruce has a second Infiltrator 161 for demo...

Shred

Shred's ideas are not without merrit... I've picked a strange little board, Xena 159, with 14m scr to it. The nose is a bit more functional than Shredo/Kessleromania, so that leaves it with about 143-144 running length. It's fun to ride, but I could use longer length for bigger sweet spot.

Boris

Can some one give me the step by step to get the CAD2 pic posted. I have tried to load directly form my CAD files, but its says it not compatible and then I put Prtint screena dn paste into a word docutment but that doesnt work. Any tips would be apprecaited.

also gotta hook up with Shred and Chuck for design this summer. One of my builds is goind to be a short , stiff, big SCR beast.

Tahnks'

Greg