Note to New Members ×

How do you protect your face?

zoltan

What sort of temperatures do you ride in where you are fine with this setup? Europeans' idea of what is cold and North Americans' idea are somewhat different.

I think you are right. The lowest temp I was in, was -18 degrees Celsius with 2,5 beaufort windspeed. Average is between -4 / -12 celsius what I normally ride. I think you guys have lower temps.

I think you are right. The lowest temp I was in, was -18 degrees Celsius with 2,5 beaufort windspeed. Average is between -4 / -12 celsius what I normally ride. I think you guys have lower temps.

I think us over here in the states have days that are colder than what you guys have but, I think Europe (Zermatt in particular) has a more of a consistent low temperature. I was over in Zermatt for the thanksgiving vacation and I was colder (the whole time I was out there) than I am here in New England in December. :biggthump

never really needed it here in Colorado but this is the shiz:

http://www.amazon.com/Talus-Outdoor-Technologies-ColdAvenger-Mask/dp/B001SARMZW/ref=pd_sbs_a_53

Keeps the warm air in, doesn't get all wet and nasty.

Just picked up one of these. Not usually cold enough to need one here in socal, but every once in a blue moon it can be quite chilly and windy. I never liked the clamy feeling of the neoprene masks, and this seems like a great compromise. At least I hope so. Will post a report when I finally get to try it out.

In Banff where I normally ride it is typically around -10 or -15, but I have seen it as cold as -35. Once it starts pushing towards -30 it's just not that fun IMO.