Note to New Members ×

4807 178

BlueB

Does anyone know the lamination spec on old Osins? Dynastars have quite a bit of carbon in them, was that the case with Osin too? Would be nice to try both in the same length on the same day...

Yap, it's logical you liked the shorter version better in the trees, just as I mentioned before... All the rest 178 rules.

For me my 3800s 169 / 163 are the ticket to the woods. Even better manuvrabillity - slightly upturned tail doesn't hook up and it allows you to do emergency switch if your line ended.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couple of instructors from my snow school "sniffing" the swallow, but no one committing to it. :D

Then, few days ago, an unknown guy next to me on the chairlift started asking questions about my 4807, with lots of enthusiasm. When I told him that I had a spare one, he just pulled the cash out! He also said that he wanted paltes (I couldn't help him) - numbers are growing... :)

Just got mine and I honestly don't know whether the board or the packaging is more beautiful. That box could have been thrown out of the plane over Portland and the board would have been just fine when it hit the ground. Thanks BlueB!

• 2 weeks later...
Just got mine and I honestly don't know whether the board or the packaging is more beautiful. That box could have been thrown out of the plane over Portland and the board would have been just fine when it hit the ground. Thanks BlueB!

bring it along next time you are out to the big mtn. I am lovin mine:biggthump

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mine carves great! I run them heel and toe on the edges when carving and realx the angle on the back foot for the deep powder days. great gunk and chunk board as well. they are quite stiff between your feet. the 168 "sweet spot" is as far back as you can mount them. the 178 is a little more centered.:biggthump

I ride dead on centre, pow or groom, 45/40 angles (underhang with my small feet). It rails great, especially in softer stuff. Very aggressive cross-under works the best for transitions. Balanced stance is required, no need loading the nose as it is softer then tail.

Boris