Note to New Members ×

TD2 A/T boot option?

Jon Dahl

Have a question for Fin, or someone else in the know. I have heard that there is some sort of bail option for those of us who use A/T boots. Is this possibly narrower heel bails, or more than this? As I am switching over to Dynafits for all my riding, I would like to explore this. I do have my SB123's/224's still in reserve, but at this time the Dynafits get the nod.

Guest thomas_m

I'm also interested in this option. I just got a pair of Scarpa Matrix AT boots for my split and I'd rather ride them than my Suzukas for the easy freeriding that I do - lighter, more comfortable and I can walk around in them without slipping all over the place...

T.

I found an old thread that mentions using the long shoulder bolt in the front bail to gain a extra 1cm width. These are the ones that are for the springs in the back in SI or standands. I have a set of nordica tr9 that really dont fit also. Its nice to have boots to go from skiis to a board without changing. Fin suggested gently belt sanding the sides of the boots to make them fit also.

Jim

post-219-1418422287_thumb.jpg

I haven't recieved my bails yet(traded for stepins). My worry with the Dynafits is more along the lines of being too narrow, not the other way around. I have seen where one person with splitboard TD's had an issue with that, and the boots rotating out. It hasn't been a problem with my Snowpro race bindings, just want the assurance it won't be with the TD's.

Hey Jon, dealing with heals that are too narrow is easy. Go down to your local hardware store and buy a few different types of rubber or plastic tubing. 1/4 inch inner diameter to fit TD bails. The clear plastic stuff is pretty thin, and thus doesn't take up much space. You can also get automotive heater or fuel hoses that have a bit more wall width. Pull the bails off your bindings slide the tubing on to the "straight" part of the bails and reassemble. Now your heals will squirm less in the bindings...

Enjoy!

I also use TD2s and Snowpros, but with ski boots. Snowpros are wider than TD2s. Further, rear bail loop on TD2s is shaped in nice angulated/tapered manner, so the boot always sits on "deepest" point, even when heel is narrower.

Like Mark's solution with tubes, some guys roll layers of electrical tape on the sides of the bails...

Boris

Hey Jon, dealing with heals that are too narrow is easy. Go down to your local hardware store and buy a few different types of rubber or plastic tubing. 1/4 inch inner diameter to fit TD bails. The clear plastic stuff is pretty thin, and thus doesn't take up much space. You can also get automotive heater or fuel hoses that have a bit more wall width. Pull the bails off your bindings slide the tubing on to the "straight" part of the bails and reassemble. Now your heals will squirm less in the bindings...

Enjoy!

I've seen something done on Burton race plates by at least one WC-level racer.

Jon,

Yep, if you need the "wide" toe bail option you just let us know at the time of order of the TD2's and we'll put them on.

We also can sell you the wide bails but you also need the "long" shoulder bolts to go with it. When you order the parts on the website, just include in the note area you want the wides.

Jon,

Yep, if you need the "wide" toe bail option you just let us know at the time of order of the TD2's and we'll put them on.

We also can sell you the wide bails but you also need the "long" shoulder bolts to go with it. When you order the parts on the website, just include in the note area you want the wides.

Fin,

So you can order a wide bail setup w/ long shoulder bolts? That would be a super nice option. You wouldn't trade some barely used regular bails for wides?

Jim

where can you actually read up on them or buy them. the deeluxe site is useless.

I'll admit, literature is scarce and the DeeLuxe snowboard site doesn't list the boot. They are available online from a couple of "European" sources. We didn't import them this season (nor did Bomber) so availability in North America is zero right now.

The 2006-2007 model shown is made identical to the Track 325 save for obvious difference of heel/toe configuration for AT.

Stiffer than a LeMans? Yes, due to material, not design.

Possible limitation in my mind is the lack of toe/heel antislip pads (tread).

We are working to find a dealer that is willing to carry the AT type of boot for 2007-2008 but no luck as of today.

Someone needs to pound into Deeluxes corporate heads that boot weight is PARAMOUNT. Go hike 4 miles in a pair of SB series boots, then do the same thing in a pair of Dynafit. My Dynafit boots w/thermo liners hit the scales at 2lb 14oz each, and a pair of SB series are over 5 each. My modded 123's w/thermo liners are over 4 lbs each. I'n not the kinda guy that shaves the fork handle in my cooking kit, but a little relief here would be nice!

After looking at the photo you provided, and the bails I recieved in my trade, I have to come to the conclusion that I have the A/T boot front bails. My Dynafits fit these bails with lots of extra room. I think the standard bails would fit my boots better. Too bad we live 5 hrs apart, we could do some swapping. There is always the US mail.

I will measure tonite when I get home. there is a visible difference between yours and mine though. I guess the bails are over 1/8 inch wider per side.

Measured the bails, the distance between them is 3 and 1/4 inches exactly. After carefully looking over the boot/bail fit, I am going to have to keep these bails, my Dynafit boots are just a smidge too wide for the regular bails. Sorry, Jim!