Note to New Members ×

Anybody seen these boards before?

ar(angel

Retronaut posted a link in the classifieds with some racers and I was looking around and noticed all the SG boards. Specifically the #1 mens was on one of these mystery SG boards. The #2 ladies as well! I guess they are good!

Funny you posted your inquriy as I didn't recognize them either when I first saw them....

On your picture:

- the red one is a Metal type construction

- the black one is a regular construction

At the Noram race at Mont-Blanc in mid december, they were few racers with those boards. They have the famous Titanal construction, on all their race model, even the 154 & 162 Slalom type board, which is rare. Prior start at 173 with their Metal WCR series. I had a chance to demo a 162 in training in SL gates but I wasn't heavy enough ( 130 lbs ) to flex it properly in deep ruts.

http://www.sgsnowboards.com/

The sidecut looked to me pretty straight ( 248mm Nose- 203mm - 240mm ) but it worked well for short radius turn ( outside of gates ). I'm looking to demo a 154 in a near future.

Seb

I wasn't looking at buying one, just found it cool to see another maker of quality boards out there. I think the price might be a little crazy too. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'd probably spring for a Tinkler :biggthump Seb thanks for the riding review though, always nice to hear from people that have actually ridden the product. Who knows, maybe they'll make it state-side for SES???

Sigi is a racer with a host of WC podiums under his belt. He is still racing but also taking a lot of time growing SG Snowboards. He is one of a host of builders that have evolved from their success in sport to their success in business.

I'm going to test one in Feb when they agreed to visit a eastcup/styrian cup race (the only non FIS race series we've got in eastern Austria) with a test stand. Heard lots of good reports bout the new SG Race line (all titanal boards - yeah). They're manufactured by Elan like F2 and quite a lot others but not designed and researched by the F2 marketing wackos.

Sigi actually got quite a lot of WC racers to switch over this year to his boards. The race is according to Siggi the real deal like they ride in the worldcup. The speed is a carving board without titanal construction. All riders that have tried the Race (a bit unlike the Speed) are pretty stoked about the board. Price is 799€ RRP, so its just 100 more than the Speedster RS,

Seems to me that Kessler got a real competitor besides Tomahawk now.:D

I think SGS scored most podiums this season after Kessler in the Worldcup. And my local idol Benjamin Karl rides one too:1luvu:

Just found an interview in the daily paper of Graz, Sigi said they are building arount 1000 boards at Elan for this season for him. He hopes to make some money out of it soon, hope he is not broke before (pay as a snowboard professional is not that great, and furthermore if you are your sponsor for your snowboard it leaves off the main sponsor).

@ mc-Alex

Have you ridden it in other lengths too?

I wanna go for the 78 too, my weight is around 70kg and 180cm. What bout you? (my skilllevel is amateur GS racer finishing mostly around 10% timewise behind EC/FIS riders, should train some more, but foremost carver).

@ mc-Alex

Have you ridden it in other lengths too?

I wanna go for the 78 too, my weight is around 70kg and 180cm. What bout you? (my skilllevel is amateur GS racer finishing mostly around 10% timewise behind EC/FIS riders, should train some more, but foremost carver).

No, only the size 78. I'm 1,70cm/72kg. I'm a non racer, but carcer since 1990, have riden long time Burton boards in different sizes.

So, when you need to buy a SG, go in contact with all-mountain-sports (www.sgsnowboards.com), the guys can help you to find a location with test-material.