Note to New Members ×

Helemts

scotts.Scheinman

Which one do you like more?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like more?

• just head and ears
    • Full mask

for the US distributer. I think I have email at work with pricing. I'll check tomorrow and post the pdf file if I still have it. Otherwise make contact thru' their site. They were slow to respond, due to moving offices but when they did contact me they seemed eager to make a sale.

Guest kennyusmc

I have a Large giro flint sc never worn it has a visor and a chin guard that are removable. i also have a giro mx9. I would be willing to let it go pretty cheap. I bought a burton red mt1 f9discontimued but still available on the net) rom someone on the forum , it is a great helmet also. One thing to look at is some of the helmets have a rigid visor that can be prone to cracking. Look for a brain bucket that has a flexiable visor..

some other choices are the six six one. Giro mad max. I would also go for some of the older models without carbon fiber, carbon fiber tends to be ridid when cold and wears out the outside much faster if mishandled.

i've been searching for full face stuff too, but have since decided against one. i wouldn't know from personal experience or seeing it happen, but a few people have been saying that a full face makes you more prone to neck injuries. It's something about the chin guard getting caught on the snow or something like that.

someone else familiar with this feel free to chime in. the other thing is, they look really hot (as in temperature hot), and boarding in Socal is usually pretty warm if you're at the local resorts. bunch of people boarding without even a shell because it gets pretty warm after 12pm.

if i was a racer though, i'd rather not use my face as a gate deflector...

i've been searching for full face stuff too, but have since decided against one. i wouldn't know from personal experience or seeing it happen, but a few people have been saying that a full face makes you more prone to neck injuries. It's something about the chin guard getting caught on the snow or something like that.

someone else familiar with this feel free to chime in. the other thing is, they look really hot (as in temperature hot), and boarding in Socal is usually pretty warm if you're at the local resorts. bunch of people boarding without even a shell because it gets pretty warm after 12pm.

if i was a racer though, i'd rather not use my face as a gate deflector...

yeah but the ice and trees dont get any softer.. :nono:

yeah but the ice and trees dont get any softer.. :nono:

i'd rather have wires and screws keeping my jaw together than plates and screws keeping my neck together. or worse yet, a new stephen hawkings' mobile to replace my quiver of boards...

granted, reports of increased neck injuries might be completely unfounded and i'm just being overly cautious/scared.

i'd rather have wires and screws keeping my jaw together than plates and screws keeping my neck together. or worse yet, a new stephen hawkings' mobile to replace my quiver of boards...

my son ended up with a broken collar bone from his mouth guard/chin protector in what should have been a short belly slide. We both ride with just the bucket now.

..couln't go with a fullface. always touch the slope with the chinguard on steeper slopes when i'm going deep...and this brings the rest of the head way fast to the groudn too:nono:. nothing for me...even when it looks so cool, compared to a 'normal' one:cool:

I have a Large giro flint sc never worn it has a visor and a chin guard that are removable. i also have a giro mx9. I would be willing to let it go pretty cheap. I bought a burton red mt1 f9discontimued but still available on the net) rom someone on the forum , it is a great helmet also. One thing to look at is some of the helmets have a rigid visor that can be prone to cracking. Look for a brain bucket that has a flexiable visor..

looked for a BX helmet last year, that Burton Red MT1 looked like a great deal on closeout, looked at Giros for $80 bucks on ebay, ended up getting that $250 Red Tantrum with bluetooth for $80 on SAC.

A full helmet would have to be pretty light like this Fly carbon, he got this to race stand up jetskiis and I've seen him rap his head on the ice with this helmet on.

kenny, do you have a link for:red mt1 f9discontimued but still available on the net ???

post-123-141842221278_thumb.jpg

I used to run an old boeri with a chin guard and visor. They were both attached with screws and had enlongated slots, so that if they caught they "broke away" and adjusted. I stopped using chin guards when they became more integrated and less likely to pull away. I also like having students be able to see my face when I teach. :D

I got myself a raptor from Dainese. The model I got was intended for MTB freeride/DH. I think I alreay have enough helmets between cycling and my GSXR600 without having to shell out money for yet another. I take the visor off once it's winter, works great. Buy a helmet you like to wear, that way you'll put it on.

I'd like a full face _cover_, but not a chinguard. I wear a full face helmet for cycling, because sliding on cement/asphault sucks. I like my cheek and chin skin! Well, I'll only wear the full face helmet if I'm going to have to go downhill. 60+ km/h is too fast to slide at.

Snowboarding, however, I'm just too damn scared of catching in while sliding. I'd love a smooth, non-catchable full-face/head helmet though. Something space-agey and rounded. Something that actually comes into contact with your chin, forhead, everything. Just make it something that I _cannot_ catch. Actually, a question: Is there such a helmet?