Note to New Members ×

F2 Respekt ??

Trip43065

i'm not to sure, but I thought I saw another thread with the same exact question/subject.

I have no experience with the board and know nothing of it, other than that i was pretty sure there's another thread here somewhere.

Edit: i found the thread, but there weren't many responses about it, other than people saying the $600 retail price was too much...

yep, wondering the same exact thing from the other thread. Guess it went down in price so much because no one got it. No reviews about it online or anything. Kinda upsetting but I'm not getting a board unless I get input on it. Already bought two boards this for this season and my next has to be a softboot. I wont make the softboot leap till I hear something about this board.

100 to try a board?

jesus. do you guys shop at wal mart for everything?

Not sure where the $100 came from? But I think it's reasonable enough for people to be leery of laying down money for a board that no one seems to know anything about. It's not like offering $300 for a new Tinkler - anyone doing that would deserve to get yelled at (or maybe just laughed at).

Speaking of $300 Tinklers, that's about the only thing that Wal-Mart could offer that _might_ get me in to one of their stores. ;)

I guess I should have searched the forum a little better before I poisted.

I need a pow board to ride with plates. It must be worthy enough to fill the shoes of my trusty Eldo 174.

I saw the Respect listed at closout prices, but hate to buy something without jumping up and down on it first.

Quesstions are: Build quality?, Wood core? (yes/no), Stiffness?

I figured that somebody here may have seen or ridden the Respekt or similar F2 board.

its a good looking board. it is an F2.

my point was...at $100...give it a shot. I mean...if you have to buy it, and then it be your only board, going somewhere you wont have a chance to test it out first...hesitation is sorta understandable, but otherwise...

hell I was thinking of getting one cuz theyre so cheap.

I spoke with a guy from "the house" and was told "It's a directional freeride, way too soft for raceplates". "Compare it to a burton air", "Not as carvy as a burton supermodel by any stretch.", "freeriders with large feet" "like a fat boob"

I posted the original thread wondering if it was a just a Jibstick and it sounds like it is.

"not good for plate bindings" I guess that depends on the source and weather or not they've tried it.

Hardboot fun on the K2 Electra and Eldorado has me thinking any decent freeride board would be okay with plates.

I once demoed a Supermodel in softboots and found it to be a supertwisty supernoodle. No experience with the Burton Air.

Thanks for the input. This is all good stuff.

Another freeride board with a sub-10m radius. Softbooters just don't get it. Show me a ~170 twintip with a 12+m radius and I'll get interested.

Steepwater 171

also...Im working with Sean right now...tryin to do a freeride/carver like a middle ground between an axis and incline...thinkin 175, 13M, about 22.5-23cm waist...

I guess once it gets built it will be in the "templates" and orderable...