Note to New Members ×

Oregon Expression Session (OES) 2007

Mike T

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allee, I sure hope I can call myself a carver without being knocked out cold with a broken helmet and no memory of the event. :eek:

D-sub, that girl in the photo is Greg's (guy in the center of the pic) daughter. I think that day had 5 women on plates. The Prograss board owner is Slopetool. At Park City this year there were two teenage girls in front of me in the lift line who looked a lot more like jibbers than Greg's daughter. One of them was riding a Kessler! Nice.

I'm very pleased to announce that Buell Steelman and Rebecca Sams (Buell and zoom here at BOL) will be joining the OES organizational team for 2008!

Those at this year's OES know that Buell and Rebecca are very energetic and dedicated riders. Both are full of ideas and Bonnie and I are very excited to team up with them.

Sure, we'd like to see the event grow but much more important, our goal is to keep the grass roots feel, high level of stoke, and awesome vibes that were everywhere at this year's event.

It was saturday just below top or Rainbow chair. Darren Shane and I were headed in for lunch at about 11:30 ish. I stepped in and headed down Two turns later I was out of site of them when they crestered the little rise I was flat on my back KO'd

My head still hurts!!:sleep:

Dustin, please ask those around you to keep a close eye on you for a while. If you have issues with your eyes, memory, hearing etc. Please contact medical folks asap.

Pictures of the helmet please? They should prove to be a very good example of their benefit to those that are on the fence.

I provided helmets to a neighbor gal just hours before her rollerblades slipped out from below her and caved the entire back of the helmet in. They planned to go WITHOUT helmets. Best 5$ she ever spent!!!

I'm very pleased to announce that Buell Steelman and Rebecca Sams (Buell and zoom here at BOL) will be joining the OES organizational team for 2008!

Those at this year's OES know that Buell and Rebecca are very energetic and dedicated riders. Both are full of ideas and Bonnie and I are very excited to team up with them.

Sure, we'd like to see the event grow but much more important, our goal is to keep the grass roots feel, high level of stoke, and awesome vibes that were everywhere at this year's event.

AWESOME!! Couldn't be better!!!

Allee, I sure hope I can call myself a carver without being knocked out cold with a broken helmet and no memory of the event. :eek:

Well, I wasn't knocked out cold, but I definately went flyin over backwards and railed my head on the ground and was quite confused afterwords. twice... And it's funny, cause that was only half a dozen times out on the carving board. Credit the ski boots I was using. Too stiff, made it too easy to push the nose too hard.

Mike, if need be, I'd be happy to lead some "What not to do" cat track tours/demonstrations :nono: :o :lol: .

I got catapulted for the first time right before SES this year, at Crested Butte. Came over a curvy drop off in a hard toeside and the nose must have bit into a powder clump. Next thing I know, I was fliping in the air. Hard to say what my airtime was with the time dilation factor, but it seemed at the time like I had a lot of time to ponder how it was all going to end. Maybe it was a second of air time. Luckily, I ended up landing on my back with one of those free chiropractic adjustments that actually make you feel better after the crash.

Thanks Mike & Bonnie for making OES happen. I had a great time riding friday but it looks like sat & sun were the days to be there. Sounds like next year will be bigger and better. You will have to come up in april for a locals session at T-line.

Jim

• 4 months later...

I'm in!

Just watched every vid on the Finelineclub youtube spot, and I'm stoked for snow.

Bryan, do you regularly shoot video? Save a 15sec. clip I used to do video work with my kids, I haven't seen video of myself in years. I wonder if I've gotten worse? :lurk:

I'm in!

Just watched every vid on the Finelineclub youtube spot, and I'm stoked for snow.

Bryan, do you regularly shoot video? Save a 15sec. clip I used to do video work with my kids, I haven't seen video of myself in years. I wonder if I've gotten worse? :lurk:

Hey Eric, Yes, I have been using a video camera for many years. I have hours and hours of my friends and past girlfriends skiing/ snowboarding to prove it :freak3:

Most of what is on You-Tube is from a simple point and shoot digital camera.

The last session was done on Tim C's video camera.

Look forward to get more clips this season. Happy to do some video with you. It is the best tool for checking form. The "Mind's Eye" often plays tricks. The camera is neutral and only records what it "Sees" :nono::biggthump

I am shopping for a Hard Drive type video camera, so far they are fatter than others I prefer. It is important to keep in small , light and fast. Otherwise I don't have the patience or interest in hauling it around.

Bryan