Note to New Members ×

CO end of November.

davekempmeister

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, however, I've just learned that I'm going to be in Denver last week of november and am very interested in Silverton and doing some carving (Vail, Arap, Loveland). Anyone that's interested in hitching a ride to and fro from Denver Sun-Thurs/Fri. I'll have a seat or two open just about every day all that week. Flippin sweet!

you won't be doing much carving at Silverton - I don't think there's any grooming there.

edit - I was wrong about guided only - that's Jan-Apr

Absolutely 0 grooming at Silverton. It's a backcountry paradise from what I understand.

Advanced riding too-steeps, cliffs, etc. I'm waiting another year or two as I don't think I'm quite ready to handle it.

SILVERTON is accurate, not Silverthorne (although I did ride a skateboard in the parking lot at Starbucks in Silverthorne once). If there were anything to be had at Silverton at such an early date, I'd like to check it out. The timing is not lost on me either as I understand the dates would precede the "guided only" slide prone season. Might be a few hours drive, but I'll chauffer anyone whose been there and can be an "unofficial guide" (maybe even throw in a couple of beers in addition to transport). Lastly, I've no misconceptions about trying to carve there - I'd be in softies and even if the conditions weren't perfect I'd still love to see the place. You see, for the entire week I have absolutely nothing to do. Nothing.

SILVERTON is accurate, not Silverthorne (although I did ride a skateboard in the parking lot at Starbucks in Silverthorne once). If there were anything to be had at Silverton at such an early date, I'd like to check it out. The timing is not lost on me either as I understand the dates would precede the "guided only" slide prone season. Might be a few hours drive, but I'll chauffer anyone whose been there and can be an "unofficial guide" (maybe even throw in a couple of beers in addition to transport). Lastly, I've no misconceptions about trying to carve there - I'd be in softies and even if the conditions weren't perfect I'd still love to see the place. You see, for the entire week I have absolutely nothing to do. Nothing.

there is no starbucks in silverthorne. its in dillon. wish you hd the chance to check out the skatepark in silverthorne. its nice and got a good flow. and "few hours" to silverton's definitly an understatement.

I'm going to Wolfcreek Thanksgiving weekend, they are supposed to have the best early season snow it the San Juans... Not carver friendly I think, more like a less advanced Silverton with more lifts. They claim the most snow in colorado and the prices are very reasonable. Kinda small though. Anyone been there and care to share? (three rhymes booyah)

Edit- They do "fun races" so there must be some grooming.

I'm going to Wolfcreek Thanksgiving weekend, they are supposed to have the best early season snow it the San Juans... Not carver friendly I think, more like a less advanced Silverton with more lifts. They claim the most snow in colorado and the prices are very reasonable. Kinda small though. Anyone been there and care to share? (three rhymes booyah)

Edit- They do "fun races" so there must be some grooming.

It's tree riding. Minimal grooming. The tree's aren't tight though.

And yes they get excellent snow year in and year out.

They claim the most snow in colorado and the prices are very reasonable. Kinda small though. Anyone been there and care to share?

Last time I was at Wolf Creek (two seasons ago), I was riding my 182 Tanker and wished I had a bigger board. Everytime I stopped in the trees I would be mid-thigh to waist deep in snow. :D