Note to New Members ×

Woodies

Pow

THATS the BASE??????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

randy, its beautiful!:biggthump

nils, i envy your lifestyle:(

Yep that's the base. It's one of the coolest I have ever seen.

I thought about making a rack to hang it on the wall but with a mirror behind it so you can see the top and bottom. :biggthump

I picked up a 155 NOS this past winter. Haven't put bindings on it yet because it's really soft, (much softer than my 162 Munoz) and I'm not so sure it's going to be a good ride.. It feels almost like a freestyle or soft freeride board, just in an alpine shape.

At any rate, it had a sticker on the base listing the product lineup for that season--I'll try to get a picture of it this weekend. Not positive off the top of my head, but I think that Randy's right and it doesn't show anything longer than 165.

Dan, I would like to see that sticker if you can get a photo. I wish there was someplace to find all the history of the old arbor boards and the munoz lines but I haven't found anything.

What does 'NOS' stand for? You should take that thing out and try it, Jami really likes riding hers and unfortunately for me she really likes my 165 too. :rolleyes:

Hey Dan if you ever want to clear out your quiver you have a buyer for your 155! lucky bastard ;-) I think the pose Munoz have is called the "El myserioso" or something like that.

You're talking about the pic on the base? I always thought that was called "quasimodo"

What does 'NOS' stand for?

NOS = net speak for "NEW OLD STOCK" i.e. sat in the back of a wharehouse for years...usually cheap

as opposed to

REISSUE = company decided to make money using an old design on suckers like us who missed it the first time or wore out the ones we did get...usually more expensive than the original (taking account for inflation)

already put that online somewhere :) but here is my wood quiver!

zamokmagistraltop4av.th.jpg

left is the 196 custom Amok, and right is the 185 Magistral that i found a bit short ! Right is a cruising Chronic Crew deck.

I am going to order myself a Miura asap, and a new Amok too...( dreams!)

Nils

If the magistral is too short you could always ship it out to me...I'll do extensive testing to determine the proper use for that length :eplus2::eplus2::eplus2:

Im boored... I need some shiney boards to drool over. I know theres a few arbors and such floating around here... so who's got a woodie? doesnt need to be alpine or full wood, inlays are acceptable.

heres mine:cool:

Yeah!

I tried a Pogo Impact this winter and simply loooooooooooooooooved it!

ohh, kinda random and out of the blue, how do the arbor alpine boards ride? they look delicate... beautiful, but delicate. are they good for hard carving or more of a soft carving board?

Yes they are fairly soft boards. I have ridden my 165 and it's a bit soft for my 220lbs. My friend Jami rides her 155 and my 165 and she really likes them. She is the right weight for the boards and is not a very aggressive rider.

no the wood is inlaid to the titanal over the zylon

WOW! Crazy techno stuff!

Is that like 3000 euro board??? :eek: how much did you pay for it?

have you already tried it? it's more lively than dump I guess, right?

Do you know if it's possible to test something like that in Europe?

I realy love it!

I've tested Virus Nightmare and Pogo Impact this winter and I must say they're great! In the beginning, Virus' width felt strange, but when I got used to it.... wooooofff! Banging! :biggthump

• 4 weeks later...
I have only ever seen the 155 and 165's. It would be sweet to have a bigger one, but I don't know if any other sizes were ever made.

Here is the base of my 155. I think this is such a cool base.

sorry to dig um a slightly old thread, but i just saw a 170 munoz listed in C5 golfer's profile, so they do make them longer:biggthump

• 2 months later...
Dan, I would like to see that sticker if you can get a photo. I wish there was someplace to find all the history of the old arbor boards and the munoz lines but I haven't found anything.

What does 'NOS' stand for? You should take that thing out and try it, Jami really likes riding hers and unfortunately for me she really likes my 165 too. :rolleyes:

My son and I both have Munoz A55s...wish we could find an A65 in decent shape. We also have other Arbors...a D50 Woodie, an A-Series 154 (both mine), and a D58 Woodie (his BX board). Oh, and some other assorted stuff including his FP 167. My husband thinks we're nuts.

Anyway, Arbor only made the carving boards in 155 and 165 lengths. I believe the final year of production was 99-00. Early arbors were available in a variety of different wood tops, including rosewood, maple, oak, and walnut in addition to the more familiar koa. Not all boards were available in all woods. If you're interested in specs on the carving boards I can pass them along.

• 1 year later...