Note to New Members ×

Go fast lose pass....get tickets

John Gilmour

Remember "Snowboarders in Exile"?

Well I did not get a season pass this year.

So I am going to share my ticketing discounts with the carving community.

First off.. To Boston area people. I have a deal to Wachusett on wednesday nights. $15 covers transportation and lift tickets. email me at John Gilmour at Rocketmail dot com.

Ski market runs some bus trips that are a good deal. join teh Harpoon Brewery list and get transportation and skiing for just $52

Fleet bank has 2 for one fridays see Fleet.com/ski use your fleet total access car to get discounts- read all the fine print.

Shaws and Star market have certain items that give you a free lift ticket to any of 7 resorts- for instance buy 10 Balance Bars and get a free ticket....buy $5 of Bush Kidney beans and get a free ticket. But you had to buy the stuff by 1-22...for those of you who keep receipts look for them.....you can still mail the receipt in until the31st. Many products like heinz ketchup, Maxwell House coffee, Fridays potato skins, Manny's fahitas, Kikoman soysauce, Clorox Wipes, and Glad cling wrap are on the list. I mailed in for 15 tickets.

http://www.snocountry.com/jeep_events/jeep_owner_days.php

Don't know anyone with a Jeep? Drive to the resort adyway and hop in with a single jeep driver adn pay them $10 (Willy Whit does this one).

Know any radio stations? Offer to work a promotion (ussually takes 2-4 hours) at a bar handing out free stuff. I get paid 5 lift tickets for doing this. Any radio station that does any ski advertising has almost limitless supplies of tickets that get in "trade outs" for advertising.

Like to help save soldiers lives? I give blood at Wachusett each year for free lift tickets (Man I'm kinda dizzy).

Buy or lease a volvo and you get a season pass. (like I'd ever do that)

Fill up with Mobil gas and get $10 off after a couple of fill ups----what a lame promo.

add to this stuff! Share your deals and ideas.

________

VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Guest Randy S.

Alpine Meadows California. One of the best ski areas in Tahoe (Alpine people argue with Squaw folks about who is best). $39 every day all season (except 3 days at Pres' weekend). Can't beat that deal. Show up before 9:00am. They stop selling tickets when the lower parking lot gets 1/2 full so the mountain never gets crowded.

... if you're female. Or, if you're not, show up anyway and charm someone who is into getting you a ticket.

Timberline Lodge in May - anyone with a 10-pass can share it with friends, and recharge if it runs out - works out to $16.90 a ticket. I've got a 10-pass, if we plan it right I can abuse it to your benefit!

male snowboarders looking for some tracks- it gives new meaning to the word "dragracing".

That is just too high a price to pay for a lift ticket.

Wachusett has a "century pass" bought early season its $199 and lets you ride every night and any day except weekend days.

Magic mountain has state days that gives residents of particular states discounts.

" The real value at Magic comes mid-week with several $15 State Days, $20 "Back to the 70s Tuesdays", and a $32 mid-week ticket everyday with $5 off on Wednesdays with donation of a canned food product. Perhaps Magic's most amazing offer is a midweek season pass for only $199 Adult or $149 for Military, College, or Teens! In a ski industry in which your skiing dollar buys less and less everyday; we sometimes forget how much value lesser known ski areas can offer. "

Also Magic is almost always 10-15 degrees warmer than Stratton adn almost always sunny- with limited uphill capacity it almost never gets tracked out. One chair gives you 1700 vert drop....but bring company...its not a particularly fast lift....but on a holiday week...with no lift lines and only one line to the top...it might give you more vertical than other mountains with high speed lifts-. http://www.netway.com/~theway/ski/2003/magic2003.htm

________

Weed Vaporizer

Top10 Lift Ticket Deals

Ski and Snowboard for Less

http://www.top10liftticketdeals.com

#1 ? Okemo, VT - Bring a newbie and ski for free. When you bring an adult first-timer for an adult "First Tracks" lesson package at the regular price, you'll receive a lift ticket good for the same day. http://www.okemo.com/winterhome/index.html

#2 ?Wildcat, NH - Your next day at Wildcat is always only $25, every day, all ages, no blackout dates. Also, Friday, 1/16 is Jeep Day at Wildcat. Drive your Jeep and get a free day of skiing for you and one passenger. And with Wildcat's new consecutive-day ticket up- grades for all ages you can ski & ride the next two full days for just $25 each/per day. http://www.skiwildcat.com

#3 ? Squaw Valley, CA - Bring a friend for a first time lesson package and get $20 off your lift ticket for the same day. Bring a friend new to skiing or snowboarding to the Squaw Valley Ski & Snowboard School Sales office and purchase an adult First Time Adventure Package ($74), get $20 OFF your adult all day lift ticket for the same day. This program is valid every Sunday through Friday (no Saturdays) all season (with the exception of a few holiday blackout dates*). Plus, after your visit, we'll mail your friend 2 vouchers for discounts on your their next two lessons! Http://www.squaw.com

#4 ? Loon MT, NH - Two-for-one non-holiday, mid-week lift tickets in January! Tuesdays, Wednesday, & Thursdays now through January 29, mid-week, non-holiday, get two adult tickets for the price of one! http://www.loonmtn.com

#5 ? June Mountain, CA - $29 Mountain Access Card (free with some of the ticket packages) - you get $10 off 8 hour lift tickets, $5 off night tickets, a free 8 hour ticket after 5 visits, hands free access with your credit card automatically charged, guaranteed admission during sellouts, 10% off non-sale retail and 10% off lessons (ages 13 and up). http://www. junemountain.com/

#6 ? Belleayre, NY - If your birthday falls during the ski season Nov* - April* , Ski Free on your birthday. If your birthday is in the off season, follow the dates below.

May - Your birthdate in Dec.

June - Your birthdate in Jan.

July - Your birthdate in Jan.

Aug.* - Your birthdate in Feb.

Sept.* - Your birthdate in Feb.

Oct. - Your birthdate in March

* Nov.- If your birthday is before we open for the season, ski free in March on your birth date. April - We have a tentative closing day of April 24th. If your birthday is April 25 - 30 ski for free in Dec on your birthdate. If we close before your birthday we will happy to send you a free ticket for the 2004. Call for details. If your birthday is Aug. 29-31 or Sept. 29-30, ski free on Feb. 28th. Please bring photo ID with your birthdate. http://www. belleayre.com/winter/special.htm

#7 ? Hunter Mt, NY - The Big Lift Card. The all new Big Lift Card features giant season-long savings! You?ll get $10 off weekend/holiday lift ticket purchases, $12 off midweek tickets, $20 lift tickets on Tuesdays, and FREE skiing & riding in April. $49: Big Lift Card purchased after Nov. 21 The Big Lift Card replaces the Frequent Saver Card. Free lift ticket not included with Big Lift Card purchases made after November 21st, 2003. Free lift ticket (only offered with purchase by Nov. 21) is not valid on January 17-19 or February 14-16, 2004. $20 lift ticket not valid on December 30, 2003. Discounts are taken off of the full-day, single day lift ticket price on the day of ticket purchase. Card cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount program. Card can only be used once per day. One card per guest.

#8 ? Sugarloaf, Maine - Edge CardIt was the first frequent skier program. And it?s still the best ? because The Edge lets you earn FREE SKIING and FREE RIDING at the seven best ski resorts in the nation!Simply sign up, you can do it right here online, at any American Skiing Company Guest Services desk or by calling 1-800-THE-LOAF! Then buy six days of lift tickets (either day or multi-day) at any American Skiing Company resort and the 7th day is FREE!Best of all, your Edge points carry over for up to three years. So even if you ski or ride only a few times a year, you can still save!http://www.sugarloaf.com/exp_sugarloaf/edge.html

#9 ? Donner Ski Ranch, CA - $10 days throughout the rest of the season. The inexpensive place to learn http://www.donnerskiranch.com/pricing.htm

#10 - Mount Snow, VT - Purchase a lift ticket on 1/19 and get a free mid-week ticket! *Mount Snow - Purchase a lift ticket on 1/19 and get a free mid-week ticket! Purchase a full price lift ticket on Monday, Jan. 19 and get a free mid-week ticket valid anytime (including President's Week). Mount Snow also has mid-week, non-holiday lift and lodging packages starting at $65, valid Jan. 4 - Mar. 12 and Mar. 14 - Apr. 11. http://www.mountsnow.com

________

POT NEWS

These deals can work at multiple mountains. The lodging deal looks good.

Beaver Creek's Insider's Top 10 List

Top 10 Lift Ticket Secrets

1. Buy your lift tickets at any ticket office the day or evening before you start skiing and save precious minutes on your first morning (hopefully it's a powder day). Lift ticket offices are open until 4:30 p.m.

2. Pre-Purchase lift tickets in advance and save up to $100 on a 6-day ticket when you pre-purchase online at beavercreek.com 14 days in advance of your arrival. Plus, you'll get to skip the ticket window and go straight to the lifts. Don't wait, pre-purchase your tickets today.

3. You can ski 5 Resorts! Your ticket at Beaver Creek is also valid at Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin!

4. Purchase your lift tickets as part of a vacation package with just a few clicks or just one phone call. You can book your lodging/lift ticket package online or by calling one of our expert reservationists at (800)355-3452.

5. Save money on Multi-Day tickets at the ticket window with PEAKS. Plus, attach your credit card and head straight to the lifts. Also, after a 4-day ticket, each additional day of skiing is just $35 (valid dates apply)!

6. Purchase your lift tickets as part of a Ski & Snowboard School program.

7. If you have a season pass, attach your credit card and head straight to the lifts on restricted days to ski at a discounted price. Just visit the Beaver Creek ticket office while you are here.

8. Exchange one day of your multi-day ticket for a day at our Nordic Center.

9. Your Beaver Creek ticket, called the Colorado Ticket, allows you to experience Beaver Creek, Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Araphoe Basin.

10. Always save your ticket stub incase you lose your ticket. Your stub is your receipt.

Top 10 Ways to Save Money on Your Beaver Creek Vacation

1. Pre-Purchase lift tickets in advance and save up to $100 on a 6-day ticket when you pre-purchase online at beavercreek.com 14 days in advance of your arrival. Plus, you'll get to skip the ticket window and go straight to the lifts. Don't wait, pre-purchase your tickets today.

2. Rent your skis and snowboard equipment ahead of time online at www.rentskis.com

3. Purchase Vilar Center tickets from our Beaver Creek Reservations Agent and receive discounts. Call (800)355-3452.

4. Take advantage of our Buy One Get One Free Lodging & Lift ticket special- buy one night and day and get your second FREE! Only available online.

5. If your dates are flexible, take a look at our Web Specials, where you'll find the most aggressive deals on lodging throughout the season.

6. Purchase your air transportation through Beaver Creek Reservations (800)355-3452 or book your air online and save up to 30% off retail prices.

7. Travel mid week. Lodging prices are usually up to 25% off when your stay doesn't overlap a Friday or Saturday night. Check out our Mid Week web specials for lodging deals throughout the season.

8. Take advantage of a FREE Welcome Tour, offered every day at 10a.m. from the base of Centennial Express, Lift #6 at the base of Beaver Creek Mountain.

9. Free Thursday Night Lights - Hosted weekly, a glow stick ski-down to music with a small fireworks display afterwards. Guests who are level 5 skiers or above can participate. Children 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, call the Beaver Creek Information Center at (970) 845-9090.

10. FREE Cookies at the end of the ski day! Every day Guest Services hands out free chocolate chip cookies in Beaver Creek Village.

http://beavercreek.snow.com/info/winter/pb.tips.top10.asp

________

Buy vaporgenie

http://www.magicmtn.com/schedule03-04.html

Magic mountain state days. Schedule- other discounts....for those who care. I happen to really like Magic, I think it is very underrated.

Home

Tickets

Specials & Deals

News

Directions

Conditions

Weather

Snow Tubing

Children's Programs

Pictures

Contests

Lessons

Rentals

Trail Map

Schedule

Lodging

Training Center

Contact Us

It is the middle of the week. You are sitting in your office. The radar shows that Magic Mountain is getting dumped and tomorrow will be a POWDER DAY. You need to get to Londonderry, Vermont ~ FAST.

You need a to find a place to stay? Magic's got you covered!

Mid Week Ski & Stay Packages:

Click Here!

State Days:

Residents of all New England states, New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania can purchase a $20 lift ticket with the proper identification on certain designated days. Please check the Schedule to find out which days were chosen for your specific state. Then make the arrangements with some friends to get to Magic and enjoy.

*not valid with any other offers & discounts

Every Tuesday:

"Back to the 70's Day"

$20 for an all day lift ticket

*not valid during Holiday Periods or with any other offers & discounts

Food Bank Day Wednesday:

Bring a non perishable food item

$5 off lift ticket rates

Sunday Afternoon Special:

$20 for a 1/2 day lift ticket

Magic Mountain is affordable. One of the greatest attributes Magic offers to you are our daily ticket prices. The specials and deals that Magic runs all season long are remarkable and will save you $$$. If you are an avid skier or rider, or just thrifty please take a good look below at the specials we are offering for the 03/04 season. These deals will help you keep your cost basis on lift tickets down, what you do with the extra money in your pocket is your business...

________

Lolol

2003-2004 Ski Packages parkersmotel.com

Cannon Mtn 2-Day Midweek Ski/Stay: $69pp

(includes 2 days of skiing and 2 nights lodging)

Loon Mtn 3-Day Midweek Ski/Stay $129ppdo

(includes 3 days of skiing and 3 nights lodging)

Available midweek, except December 13 - January 4 & February 14-22

$159 single occupancy

See our Coupon Section for additional savings!

Weekend Ski & Stay:

Loon Mtn... $165 per person

Cannon... $145

Bretton Woods... $173

- includes lodging Fri. and Sat.

skiing Sat. and Sun.

One Day Midweek Ski and Stay:

Loon Mountain................$55 per person

Cannon Mountain..............$37

Bretton Woods................$64

"THE BEST BARGAIN IS PARKER'S MOTEL...

ITS TWO BEST ASSETS:

HOSPITALITY AND CLEAN ROOMS"

Skiing Magazine

Feb. 1995

There are also coupons for 2 for one days at Cannon. So you can do a single ski and stay for $37 and for $17 more the next day you do a 2 for one so price for 1 night lodging and 2 days of skiing is $52.

________

Herbal shop

More Ski/Stay Specials parkersmotel.com

* 3 Day Loon Weekend

Ski the weekend plus either Friday or Monday. Stay 3 nights. $199 per person Good all ski season except holiday periods.

* Cannon Demo Day

December 12, 2003

$40 per person for 1 night lodging, 1 day skiing and demos.

* Loon Welcome to Winter Celebration

December 12 ? 15

$132 per person includes 3 nights lodging, 3 days skiing, Apres ski party Friday (Live music, prizes), sugar on snow and Mo the Clown on Sunday.

* Loon Holiday Package

December 22 ? 26

4th Day of skiing, 4th night of lodging, and Tuesday Brunch at Loon are free. $200 per person for 4 days skiing, 4 nights lodging, and Tuesday Brunch.

* Cannon Learn to Ski/Board Package

January 5 ? 16, 2004 Midweek

$114 per person includes 2 nights lodging, 2 days skiing, equipment, and lesson.

* Loon Mid-January Weekend Special

January 8 ? 11

$225 per person includes 3 days skiing, 3 nights lodging, free tune, free private lesson. Private lesson must be reserved in advance by calling 1-800-229-LOON.

* Cannon Superbowl Weekend

January 30 ? February 1

$130 per person includes 2 nights lodging and 2 days skiing. You can drive home in time for the kickoff OR stay a 3rd night for only $16 per person.

* Cannon NH Residents Special

February 23 ? 27 Midweek

$109 per person includes 3 nights lodging and 3 days skiing. Family of 4: $367 for 3 days and 3 nights.

* Cannon Free Group Lesson

March 8 ? 26 Midweek

$69 per person includes 2 days skiing, 2 nights lodging and 1 free group lesson.

* Loon Chile Cook-Off Weekend

April 2 ? 4

$117 includes 2 nights lodging, 3 days skiing, Friday Apres ski party, Saturday Chile tasting and cook-off, and Saturday Demo Day.

* Cannon Splash Pond Weekend Special

April 2 ? 4

$90 per person includes 2 nights lodging, 2 days skiing and lots of crazy fun.

* Loon Slush Pool Weekend

April 9 ? 11

$99 per person includes 2 nights lodging, 2 days skiing, Saturday Slush Pool Party with band and other activities, Sunday Easter Lunch, and an Easter Egg hunt for kids.

All packages are per person, 2 per room in a regular motel room.

Extra charge for additional people.

Also available for extra charge: Kitchenettes, King bed, King + gas fireplace, and 2, 3, and 4 Bedroom units.

Snowmobile Packages

Franconia Notch Snowmobile Tour

$249 for 2 people

Package includes lodging on Friday & Saturday and a 2 hour snowmobile tour through Franconia Notch.

2 people on 1 sled with helmets. Other packages and options available.

________

Cbr250

Guest Terry Kirby

Gilmour, with the time it took you to write that you could've been here already. I drive, Curtis fronts the ticket, all you have to do is just be you. I leave @ 4:30 am weds morn, be in my driveway if you want a ride. TK

Mirror70, email me and I'll explain the details on the $20 deal(your emails blocked).If you're at Wachusett tonight, I'll prob see you there. I bet Gilmour went to Stratton, I would've. The Sugarbush freebies are still good until the end of the week if anyone's interested. Where to for Thursday?Cannon 2 for 1?

Car-Load Wednesdays

Looking for a great way to save some money on your next ski outing? Come on up to Ragged Mountain any Wednesday* during the 2003/2004 season. On Car-Load Wednesdays, you and every passenger will receive lift tickets for $50.00 (maximum 5 per car). That's right! A car-load of five skis for $10.00 each!! * excludes 12/31/03, 2/18/04

I'll hit ragged. All we have to do is suit up in another lot close by to ragged and pile into a single car for the last 2 miles.

I blew off stratton- too much pow. lol.

WA got about 5 inches, yesterday was some of the grippiest carving snow I have ever experienced at WA.

I'm up for WA tonight.

Curt- saw you today on the stratton cam.

Sick deal. WBCN ski bus picks up at Boston University George Sherman Union. $20 gets you lift ticket and the bus ride. I'm there.

There will be more of these $20 wednesday night rides- contact me.

________

Yamaha ym1

Glad to hear so many of you are interested in getting some night trips in at Wachusett! Since there were only a few of you who are able to attend tonight, we will not be having the bus pick up at BU. If you are going to grab the bus tonight, you need to call our BCN contact, Adam Moscatel, at 617-587-4682 and let him know you heard of this trip from BU Ski and Board. He will give you the details on where the bus will be picking up tonight.

So to make this easy we are creating a page on our website for you to sign up for the trips week by week. We will be forwarding the names from the list to Adam on Wednesday mornings, so if you are interested get your name on before then!

Anyone is welcome to attend, even non-BU or non-Ski and Board club members. Just as long as their name ends up on the list.

The price is now at $15 lift ticket (even cheaper!) and $20 for rentals. You pay that night.

The bus is only going Wednesday nights, but we are looking into other possible nights if people are interested.

You can go on as many of these trips as you would like, or as few. Its all up to you!

We hope many of you take advantage of this great offer! We will have the online sign up ready for next week so keep an eye on the website (http://people.bu.edu/skiclub).

also a neat thing to note- I can get peoples name on the list if you don't want to take the bus and just want the cheap deal. That way you can ride from 4pm to 10pm instead of 7pm-10 pm.

WHY WA?

Well it rarely gets shut down due to wind. I have found myself at other mountains being stuck on lower mountain runs because wind has shut down teh gondolas- Loon, Stratton, Stowe etc... I always wonder why I would pay a lot of money and drive 3 times as far to ride a 600 vert drop 6 pack run.

happy tracks

________

Herbalaire Review