Note to New Members ×

D-Sub

LeeW

buttering, eh? never even heard that term. sounds like thats what lee was talkin about

to be totally honest, I am of the opinion that most non-carving "maneuvers" look kinda awkward and clunky on a carving rig. a lot of the pics of airs I see look funky, slidin rails, etc...

Im of the school that if it doesnt look good, dont do it. like Red Dog says. style!

buttering.

to be totally honest, I am of the opinion that most non-carving "maneuvers" look kinda awkward and clunky on a carving rig.

Agreed. I think that my vid looked awkward. I was just learning at the time and I was also in ski boots. The worse part is the tight clothes though. :D ;)

I think it looks good now though - I've got it dialed and can really get on the tail (or nose) more. I also think that airs and rails can look good on plates, but we've been down this road before.

heh. the tight clothes were the best part.

I wasnt sure if that was you or not, and yeah it looked awkward, but if you were just learnin em

you know...I think a lot of times people do stuff at too slow a speed, and it makes it look kooky.

and...I dont think we went down the "style" road before...just whether or not all these tech tricks can be done in plates. TONS of claims from people "I can do that" and NO pics or vids!

sure...some pics of people sliding rails, or a couple straight airs, but they usually look clunky.

that pic of greenwood in the pipe is the best yet.

I should scan some of the old pics from the Bertrand Denervaud piece in TWS. He rocked it.

maybe he was talking about this:

http://211.10.20.139/0463-61-0661/snowboard/alpine-tec.html

click on "noseplant"

I've seen it done on the tail as well.

the way you lean back on your slow straightline sections of the video you could probably pull that easy...but I'm not a big fan of that move.

THAT's what I call style. Just matter of preference. I just simply come from freestyle/freeride background (skate grom when i was a snot-filled kid). Just happen to be better in carving, and I just like to remind myself why I got into this in the first place -- bunch of fun!

maybe he was talking about this:

http://211.10.20.139/0463-61-0661/snowboard/alpine-tec.html

click on "noseplant"

I've seen it done on the tail as well.

the way you lean back on your slow straightline sections of the video you could probably pull that easy...but I'm not a big fan of that move.

I missed this post. those guys ride nice and quick like...

good ones