Note to New Members ×

Win a Free Donek Snowboard

Donek

I have been busy developing processes that will allow us to completely bring our digital dye sublimation work in house. This means we now have the ability to print full color photographic quality images on boards and turn it around within our normal 1 week lead time. This will simplify and expedite custom graphic production and it also provides us with the capacity to expand our stock graphic offerings. As a result I am asking for graphic submissions for a variety of new styles and themes. I am looking for submissions in the following categories:

Woody Surfboard

Girly/Flowery

Skate Lifestyle

Retro Neon Euro Snowboard

Cartoon Anime

Pin Up

Death Metal

If you have some other ideas, please feel free to provide the submission. I am also playing with the idea of a tasteful layout that would allow customers to "place their favorite digital photo here." For resolution reasons, a typical digital photo can not be blown up to cover an entire board, but a 4 Megapixel image can be effectively blown up to about 10in by 15in.

When choosing artwork, I will look at certain criteria. Vector artwork is preferred. Artwork that works on both freeride and alpine shapes is desirable. Highly linear artwork that requires precisely centered location makes production very complicated. I prefer a design that is intended to be placed off center.

Total compensation for selected works will be one snowboard valued up to $600 with your artwork on it. Selected submissions will become the sole property of Donek Snowboards. The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2006.

Please do not e-mail me any large files when submitting artwork.The best way to submit files is in a web-resolution/PDF preview. Submissions can be sent to info@donek.com or smartin@donek.com.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THERES SOME COOL BOARD TOPSHEET DESIGNS AT

WWW.TATTOOBOARDS.COM

I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE RETRO HOBIE SURFBOARD LOOKING TOPSHEET......OOGA-MOOGA WHITEEYES........ :p :p :p

here's a good one from tattooboards: http://www.tattooboards.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=89&osCsid=b9dd9f17b9380b24f9c0e0b855025c23

ha ha, would be great to have that on an alpine deck.

WHATdo you do with the template? Do most people bring it into a Grasphics program? Like Adobe Illustrator or something? Im in printing (old school) but have access to those programs if I want to try them at work.....Do I just draw/paint over the template on another layer?....Whats the most simple wqay to do that?..........?????

just go file open and choose the PDF file, i use both illustrator and photoshop, the first is best for straight lines the 2nd for curves. Make sure you dont overwrite the pdf file as if you are making other designs you will lose template. Create a new layer and start your design, adding layers fo diffrent parts

i'm on it. I'll get some of my graphic design friends in on it too (I'll buy the board off of them if they win). Some of my friends are unbelievable artist. I havent had art since 8th grade and at that level, my art skills were the same as a 2nd grader's.

where's the contest for non-artists...just once I'd like to see a "Fix my financial portfolio and win a free custom snowboard" contest :D

believe it or not, i have a friend that could actually help you out with that as well. He is a short Indian kid from my school (its like 25% Indian here) and he is a financial genius. He has made his parents alot of money in the stock market.

those are sweet. I love the bird.

he sent me more. didnt want to post them all.

he's gonna win me a board ;)

was SUPPOSED to enter the Prior topsheet contest but flaked, but after seeing what they picked I highly doubt they'd have liked his designs.

funny...I didnt even "see" the bird before...

he sent me more. didnt want to post them all.

he's gonna win me a board ;)

was SUPPOSED to enter the Prior topsheet contest but flaked, but after seeing what they picked I highly doubt they'd have liked his designs.

funny...I didnt even "see" the bird before...

Send over the rest. I'll file them with any subsequent submissions from you. I'm blind and can't see the bird.

I prefer the flower. Very suggestive.

whats that one artists name? the woman that painted all the p---ys? I mean..flowers?

hey sean...Dave will be sending you a whole portfolio. I think you're gonna like what he does. Guy's pretty good. Wish I wasnt an un-creative lout, but at least I can live vicariously through my friends.

This is a great contest.

The fact, however, that people are getting their friends-design professionals, to just do all the work for them- well to be blunt, that's LAME. I won contests and I did ALL the work for the stoked.at contests which I won. I spent hours figuring out how to make certain edits and create certain affects. I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears with what's at stake, but would be nice to see some integrity and creativity from the BOLers and at least attempt to make a design before getting your friend involved. For me, it's a matter of pride and being able to do things for myself. I can barely draw a stick man, using certain programs allows one to easily express their creativity.

ps I also designed my graphics with Sean and I have a friend who's a pro. graphic designer and I solicited his help at first but he really wasn't much help so then I just enjoyed figuring out how to do the whole thing myself, it's an enjoyable process with Adobe Illustrator

but what do I know, perhaps this is what was precisely intended.