Note to New Members ×

desperate to try new board - what's open??!!

kathy brower

The West Coast list:

Mt Hood (Timberline - all summer; Meadows - weekends till they feel like closing, June 4 at the latest, could be earlier)

Mammoth (thru at least July 4)

Squaw (thru May 29)

Mt Bachelor (thru May 29)

Alpine Meadows (thru May 21)

Whistler

You might look into Snowbird and Arapahoe Basin as well.

You WILL get dirt in your base at any of the above.

How many of the resorts listed have firm snow for good carving?

The closest open place for me right now is Alpental, and the whole mountain is really soft now. I can't carve in this stuff at all. It's great for moguls, though. :)

Guest shrederjen

A-Basin and Loveland is still open in CO and still freezing at night. In fact, the Basin appears to have received 7 inches new in the past 48 or so. Im heading up there in 10 days to play on MY newer MADD! Im hoping to get a hike and ride in to boot....(St Mary's? Loveland Pass full moon ride??)

After that, Mammoth is still rocking, but appears to be not freezing every night. Looks touch and go. Im watch these two, as I have trips planned! Yes, the Bird in Utah is still operating, as of now. I believe, as of the 7th, it goes down to weekends only, and like Tick said, the Hood is still up and running through the summer up at Timberline. (hopefully a quick weekend in June, or so....)

A-Basin and Loveland is still open in CO and still freezing at night. In fact, the Basin appears to have received 7 inches new in the past 48 or so. Im heading up there in 10 days to play on MY newer MADD! Im hoping to get a hike and ride in to boot....(St Mary's? Loveland Pass full moon ride??)

After that, Mammoth is still rocking, but appears to be not freezing every night. Looks touch and go. Im watch these two, as I have trips planned! Yes, the Bird in Utah is still operating, as of now. I believe, as of the 7th, it goes down to weekends only, and like Tick said, the Hood is still up and running through the summer up at Timberline. (hopefully a quick weekend in June, or so....)

What!!!!

FW, TX...how'd another TXan get on without me seeing????

I grew up in FW...good ol Paschal High was my high school...

Whereabout are you living in FW?

How many of the resorts listed have firm snow for good carving?

The closest open place for me right now is Alpental, and the whole mountain is really soft now. I can't carve in this stuff at all. It's great for moguls, though. :)

Hard as a rock at Mt Bachelor the last couple days. Absolutely EPIC conditions when it "Turns" . Some of the runs at Mt Bachelor yesterday at around 11-12 were near perfect for carving. Tons of photos coming soon on the "Ski Area" galleries at www.oldsnowboards.com

Timberline will be excellent until the camps start showing up in June. Between now and then the tickest are lower and the conditions are excellent.