Note to New Members ×

NHL playoffs.....

skatha

Looks like I'm bowing out early this year, too...in terms of teams....

First, I follow the Pens who barely won 20 games this year...

Then I picked the Stars(Dallas) and the Rangers(Jaromir Jagr)

Jagr is hurt...

and the Rangers and Stars are both choking....

Who's in for who and who's going to the finals this year?

Oh, too bad, Noah. The Flyers are getting their a$$es handed to them.

Go Flames Go!!

Although at the rate things are going, we're all going to be cheering for Edmonton, because they're giving it to Detroit and looking really good.

I wasn't a hockey fan until the Calgary playoff run 2 years ago. Now I really like it. And these playoffs have been AWESOME ... the Montreal/Carolina game on Monday night was the best game of hockey I've ever seen.

Could it be an All-Canadian final this year?????

Calgary won the cup the year we were building the cabin....My ex-, at that time he wasn't, was up helping my dad for a month...he also was having an affair at the time, so I watched a lot of hockey....when I wasn't POUNDING

%$#(*&^ nails into logs!!!!

Looks like I'm bowing out early this year, too...in terms of teams....

First, I follow the Pens who barely won 20 games this year...

Then I picked the Stars(Dallas) and the Rangers(Jaromir Jagr)

Jagr is hurt...

and the Rangers and Stars are both choking....

Who's in for who and who's going to the finals this year?

Pitchfork handlers. Of course New Jersey Devils!

From town adjacent to town with Continental Arena ( a den of NJD)...

BTW Playoffs are played differently than regular league so you may make judgement mistakes (that's what I heard as just fan rather than expert)... but Penguins really suck recently. Sorry, but NJD after losing Stevens and Niedermeyer and with out of shape, ill (getting out of Hepatitis-A) Elias and trying to build a new team are better.

Pens suck for one, actually 2 , major reasons....

1. no cash. They have the smallest venue in the league and worst revenue flow.....because they are losing money, a few years ago, the owner sold them to problem #2...Mario Lemeiux....what's that, a pox you say for calling Mario a problem????

What does a responsible owner of a business doing badly do? Give himself a big raise? That's what Mario did.....

How'd he do it?-trade his best and best paid player, Jaromir Jagr.... :angryfire

Plus, Jaromir was darn cute too...no responsible businessman trades his best player, an excellent hockey player who is also a hottie and draw attention to the team, just so he can pay himself a star salary...

Mario bought the Pens during his retirement for his back. He came back and played for them, bad back and all, after Jagr was gone

Ottowa has polished off Tampa. Stars lost to the Avies.

Edmonton killed the Red Wings....

Habs are done like dinner. They just don't have the size or the talent to compete with Carolina. The first two games were anomalies.

Edmonton is riding the hot hand but I don't know about Roloson in the long term plus, if they meet Calgary next, they will be totally spent after an all-Alberta series.

Ottawa looks tough to beat in the East and I'm picking Calgary in the West. Calgary takes the Cup.

skatha: Jagr was finished in Pittsburgh. His last few seasons there, he was going through the motions. He wanted to get out and who could blame him. And for every Jagr fan, there are probably 20 who dislike him for his floating and lack of leadership.

Mario didn't just buy the Pens. He saved them from bankruptcy and relocation. If he didn't step in, who would have? As for playing, how can you blame him? Until Crosby came along, he was the best player the Penguins had. It would've been irresponsible as a business owner to not play.

Habs are done like dinner. They just don't have the size or the talent to compete with Carolina. The first two games were anomalies.

Edmonton is riding the hot hand but I don't know about Roloson in the long term plus, if they meet Calgary next, they will be totally spent after an all-Alberta series.

Ottawa looks tough to beat in the East and I'm picking Calgary in the West. Calgary takes the Cup.

skatha: Jagr was finished in Pittsburgh. His last few seasons there, he was going through the motions. He wanted to get out and who could blame him. And for every Jagr fan, there are probably 20 who dislike him for his floating and lack of leadership.

Mario didn't just buy the Pens. He saved them from bankruptcy and relocation. If he didn't step in, who would have? As for playing, how can you blame him? Until Crosby came along, he was the best player the Penguins had. It would've been irresponsible as a business owner to not play.

Yeah, but he had his cash, he didn't need to make the big payola, again....

As for Jagr, I saw his name AGAIN on the leading scorers list for this year....

The fact he stepped out on the ice within a week of having a dislocated shoulder, to me, shows he isn't just going through the motions. I was nervous about skating last week with my Brownies and I dislocated my shoulder 3 weeks ago-none of my Brownies was going to slam me in the boards, either-at least, not intentionally :D

I can't see Calgary going all the way this year. They just don't have the depth. You could have said that last time too, but at least they had an offence then - no Conroy, no Niemenen, no Gelinas this time ... They should have polished off the Ducks last night, it was pretty obvious that Iginla for one, was pretty pi$$ed that they didn't.

Edmonton are on the hot hand for sure. I thought they were choking bigtime last night, that was a hell third period and that last goal was a doozie.

I still think Carolina looks really dangerous. They were a bit slow to get going but I predict a styley end to the Canadiens tonight.

The police here are VERY worried about the Red Mile if we play Edmonton in the next round. All those rampant Calgary fans and half of Edmonton's too ... things could get very interesting indeed.

Yeah, but he had his cash, he didn't need to make the big payola, again....

As for Jagr, I saw his name AGAIN on the leading scorers list for this year....

The fact he stepped out on the ice within a week of having a dislocated shoulder, to me, shows he isn't just going through the motions. I was nervous about skating last week with my Brownies and I dislocated my shoulder 3 weeks ago-none of my Brownies was going to slam me in the boards, either-at least, not intentionally :D

Maybe not this year because he got what he wanted during the regular season - a place in the spotlight with a contending team. But, in the previous few years, he's been floating. He has tremendous raw talent but hasn't been what I would call an elite scorer since maybe 2001-02.

I heard the Calgary cops are exercising zero tolerance on the Red Mile. Honk your horn unnecessarily and you get a citation. Anyways, what's with the hooliganism in Cowtown? Do they think they live in Vancouver?

I can't see Calgary going all the way this year. They just don't have the depth. You could have said that last time too, but at least they had an offence then - no Conroy, no Niemenen, no Gelinas this time ... They should have polished off the Ducks last night, it was pretty obvious that Iginla for one, was pretty pi$$ed that they didn't.

Edmonton are on the hot hand for sure. I thought they were choking bigtime last night, that was a hell third period and that last goal was a doozie.

I still think Carolina looks really dangerous. They were a bit slow to get going but I predict a styley end to the Canadiens tonight.

The police here are VERY worried about the Red Mile if we play Edmonton in the next round. All those rampant Calgary fans and half of Edmonton's too ... things could get very interesting indeed.

Just a big excuse for all the tossers to come out and play. The chief of police started it, he was dumb enough to play the heavy as soon as it became apparent they were going to the playoffs. So now the cops are the "bad guys". The mayor waded in the next day and said it was the people's city and they could party where they liked. But the police presence down there is huge and there's more than a little aggro, and lots of stupidity.

I haven't been down there this year. It's all too contrived - there's none of the happy spontaneity of the last playoffs when it was just a bunch of people having a great time.

My other half lives one street off the Red Mile. It's fun on game night, if you don't want to sleep...

Originally was a Vancouver fan(from AK it was closest and I'd been to BC to see their games some). Now, I gotta go with the Avs, but I'm not too sure how well they will fare.

My choice for round 2.....maybe it's me...

The Houston Aeros got swept out of the AHL playoffs last night....

Did anyone watch the Sharks/Oilers game last night. Wow! It was exciting. Shots on goal in the 1st period: 15:2 Oilers! Vesa Toskala was amazing. The Sharks didn't deserve to win, but it was fun anyway. I'm so tired from staying up to the end, then getting trapped fixing stupid crap on my computer until 1:30am. I'm like :sleep: at my desk.

This is a good series. Hopefully the Sharks will roll on from here, having given the Edmonton fans some small degree of hope last night.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone watch the Sharks/Oilers game last night. Wow! It was exciting. Shots on goal in the 1st period: 15:2 Oilers! Vesa Toskala was amazing. The Sharks didn't deserve to win, but it was fun anyway. I'm so tired from staying up to the end, then getting trapped fixing stupid crap on my computer until 1:30am. I'm like :sleep: at my desk.

This is a good series. Hopefully the Sharks will roll on from here, having given the Edmonton fans some small degree of hope last night.

HeHe...maybe Shark fans shouldn't have booed "O Canada"

Emergency...they're running out of beer in Edmonton. They (journalist from the CBC) interviewed a liquor store owner who said they were out and she pointed to a cooler full of Coors and Bud....

Ouch!

She's right, though :rolleyes:

I think they were al primed for a big party in Edmonton last night and then Anaheim rained on their parade. About time those guys came to play hockey.

Hopefully I'll get to watch Saturday's game. I've been so busy studying I've missed the whole series so far ... I can only judge progress from the hollers of my roommate upstairs ...

Running out of beer. It's a national disgrace.

Running out of beer. It's a national disgrace.

I wish the US could make a similar statement....our national disgraces always seem to involve guns, war and prisons.....

That's all in terms of politics, I swear.....

I'm cheering for Edmonton at this point....My personal cheer rankings 1. home team 2. past favorites and, if those aren't available-3.the team from Canada :biggthump