Note to New Members ×

NHL playoffs.....

skatha

Not this one....he's one of the most underrated QBs that ever played the game. I've never seen another who could roll out, plant his off-foot and throw a 40 yard bomb across his body as easily as Warren Moon....and I've watched a bunch of QBs in my 35+ year football watching career....

I listened to the announcers roll off his stats for his Hall of Fame induction, first ballot, of course....the Houston TV voice-over added his CFL stats as an aside

I don't think Houston fans realised how big a name he was in Canada. The press there usually dismissed his CFL career with a single sentence.

Same thing with Doug Flutie and before either Flutie or Moon, how many people realize Joe Theismann played for the Toronto Argos before being signed by the Redskins as a punt returner?

Same thing with Doug Flutie and before either Flutie or Moon, how many people realize Joe Theismann played for the Toronto Argos before being signed by the Redskins as a punt returner?

I didn't know about Theismann....

I will always remember that game that L.T. broke his leg, though....

Woo-Hoo, half of the matchup for the finals is set-

Go Edmonton!

If Buffalo plays as it did during the Ottowa series, we could see good things from them. Miller was playing better than I have seen him play all season. I was in Buffalo for those games, and the city was crazy.

Edmonton was definitely not skating very physically with Game 4....I didn't get to see the game last night because the overnight doc was 5 hours LATE for his shift and I had to stay over, but the post game commentators said they definitely were more on the boards Game 5.....

Buffalo was pretty physical with the Senators, too...

Should be a killer matchup if the Sabres make it

• 2 weeks later...
I still think Carolina looks really dangerous. They were a bit slow to get going but I predict a styley end to the Canadiens tonight.

Damn, I'm good...5-0 to Carolina, up 2-0 in the series. I suspect that losing Roloson was a stake in the heart for the Oilers ...

I see the decibel-o-meter in Raleigh got up to 126 dec tonight - that's nearly as loud as a Calgary crowd.

Damn, I'm good...5-0 to Carolina, up 2-0 in the series.

Sentiments like than can get you kicked outta Alberta, little missy ;)

I agree, though...I think the Oilers are cooked......

Who'da thunk it, Hartford wins the cup...it just seems like yesterday that they were the perennial doormats of the Eastern Conf.

I'd like to think so, but the goalie situation is pretty tenuous for the Oilers, didn't they get Roloson right at the trade deadline and start their winning toward the 8th spot after they got him?

On a lighter note, as long as he didn't hurt his meniscus with his MCL, he's going to be just fine. No surgery required

Apart from being the patriotic thing to cheer for the Canadian team, Calgary and Edmonton prety much hate each other.They'd never kick me out of Calgary for not cheering for Edmonton!

I'm cheering for Carolina for 3 reasons - one, Andrew Ladd was my favourite Calgary Hitman before the Canes signed him, two, because I feel that Rob Brind'amour, like Dave Andreychuk with Tampa the last cup, is about due for some good karma, and three, they play exciting hockey.

I need to buy some more beer for Saturday's game...

Apart from being the patriotic thing to cheer for the Canadian team, Calgary and Edmonton prety much hate each other.They'd never kick me out of Calgary for not cheering for Edmonton!

I'm cheering for Carolina for 3 reasons - one, Andrew Ladd was my favourite Calgary Hitman before the Canes signed him, two, because I feel that Rob Brind'amour, like Dave Andreychuk with Tampa the last cup, is about due for some good karma, and three, they play exciting hockey.

I need to buy some more beer for Saturday's game...

I mean cheering for a US team over a Canadian one--surely that ranks up there with buying 3 tons of ammonia nitrate :eplus2:

My GF cheers for Carolina because Alberta are against Kyoto and in the Oilers arena, it says "You are in oil country". I kinda agree...

Do you drive, use electricity, eat food?

If so, you depend on oil and coal for that matter....

China will be the largest consumer of coal in the world in the next 10 years and coal produces far more greenhouse gases than oil...and China is exempt from Kyoto...

It's okay to be pro-Kyoto, but please learn what exactly what the treaty entails and the big flaw it has in exempting India and China

Do you drive, use electricity, eat food?

If so, you depend on oil and coal for that matter....

I don't pretend to be more catholic than the pope. I do drive, but I commute most of the time with my bicycle. I live in the province of Québec, we have hydroelectricity. I try to eat local food as much as I can.

China will be the largest consumer of coal in the world in the next 10 years and coal produces far more greenhouse gases than oil...and China is exempt from Kyoto...

I did not know it exempted India and China. I do know that coal pollutes more than fuel.

It's okay to be pro-Kyoto, but please learn what exactly what the treaty entails and the big flaw it has in exempting India and China

Unfortunately, I did not read the treaty, but I know it's goal: a healthy planet. I agree that it is a big mistake to exempt India and China. For me, that exemption means that in the minds of the people who wrote the Kyoto protocol, in order to become a developped country, a country has to go the same way all the presently developped country did. I disagree with that.

So what does the treaty entail?

P.S.: I'm not tryin to start a flame war, I'm just merely expressing an opinion.

Edit: Here is the link to the text of the protocol. I'll read it.

http://unfccc.int/essential_background/kyoto_protocol/background/items/1351.php

Did a bit of Googling and stats from 1999 state that the USA burns:

25.5% of the world's oil

26.9% of the world's natural gas

25.5% of the world's coal

All this with, what 5% of the world's population?

I'm sure Canada is no better on the per-capita basis.

China and India have a long way to go baby.

Did a bit of Googling and stats from 1999 state that the USA burns:

25.5% of the world's oil

26.9% of the world's natural gas

25.5% of the world's coal

All this with, what 5% of the world's population?

I'm sure Canada is no better on the per-capita basis.

China and India have a long way to go baby.

I don't know about Canada, but I know the province of Québec is the biggest electricity consummer on the planet per capita. Nothing to be proud of. This is because of the cheap electricity.

And in addition, the city of Montréal emits more light than the city of New-York (as seen from space), which creates a lot of light pollution. Again, not proud of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, the wrong team won IMO. They played a great game though, Edmonton just couldn't match them tonight and can you blame them? They fought back from a 3-1 game deficit just to force a game 7. Winning one more was gonna be a tough one against Cam Ward. Saddly I think we will be seeing more of Carolina in the coming years. With a goaltender like Ward, they will be tough to beat. It is just sad that a State with no ice or winter has the Cup. Something is just wrong with that.

No matter who won, that was a kick a$$ series and a cliffhanger last game.

I'm happy that Carolina won. It sounds as if they might be developing a hockey faithful too ... tailgate parties are a great idea!

Hard to say what might have happened if Roloson had still been in the mix, but Cam Ward ... what a sensation. My nerves were just shredded in that third period, and he didn't even bat an eyelid. There's going to be a long and lucrative career ahead of that boy, I think.

You have to feel sorry for Edmonton, what a great effort. But a small part of me is happy that they lost ... otherwise, we'd never have heard the end of it here. Let the rivalry resume next season.

Anyway, let's get on with camping season now...