Note to New Members ×

Riding with PureBoarding in Aspen

tpalka

We just got back from riding three days with the PureBoarding group in Aspen. It was outstanding -- excellent people, great snow, good weather. I posted a video and some pictures on my site. Got some footage of Fin and Michelle too!

Check it out at http://www.slackerdom.com/2006/03_pureboarding/ -- this time I included a WMV version too, hopefully that'll make life easier for those without Quicktime 7.

Enjoy,

tom.

sucks to hear about the trouble with other folks. I keep thinking that sort of thing is going away, but as time passes, it seems that americans get more and more self-centered, which will inevitably result in conflicts like you mention...

good photos, fun vid.

Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer. I guess Ajax only opened up to snowboarding about 5 years ago, and I guess a lot of people still resent it. Usually people see me carving (200 lb bullet in orange jacket at 25 mph) and either step aside to watch or at least not try to fly by me -- but at Ajax it was different.

Still, it was a minor annoyance -- the mountain has great runs, excellent grooming, and I'm looking forward to riding there again. I'll just be more cautious with other riders.

Glad you enjoyed the video! From curiosity, did you watch the Quicktime or WMV version? Trying to gauge the best format for me to post them in,

tom.

what's the musical selection for day 1's riding? i like it.

The soundtrack credits are at the end of the movie, but they're unreadable in the smaller version. I'll make them bigger from now on. The soundtrack is:

day 1: Ella Fitzgerald "Cheek to cheek" and Minus 8 "Snowblind" (from Hotel Costes soundtrack)

day 2: Brian Setzer "Malaguena"

day 3: Moby "Porcelain"

Glad you enjoyed the movie :)

tom.

• 2 months later...

If you haven't visited the Pureboarding website. Check it out!

Like to see more video of the Pureboarding style here is a direct link.

With their permission I recently posted a new "Pureboarding Riders" gallery up at FineLineClub's gallery also. If you have photos of yourself or others riding with or riding the Pureboarding style, I would love to add them to the galler as a "Sub Gallery".

There is a fun gallery of Jorg coming to visit Timberline last year here.

I agree with Tom and add "Most Excellent People". The Pureboarding folks are not just excellent all mountain snowboarders, but very fine individuals that have a deep passion for the mountain, life and of course carving a Fine Line on snowboards!!!

FYI- Black Betty-If any US riders are interested in saving the shipping (considerable) on the "TWO" board. Please contact me directly for info.

Nice trip video. Aztec looks like my kind of run :biggthump

I watched the QT version. I prefer QT because I can play it frame by frame and easier to fast forward or reverse to certain spots. On most videos, I can't get those features to work with WMV.

I aggree with this statement and WMV performace is worse on slower machines not to mention that I can't find a decent plugin for WMV for linux other than VLC and that does not always work well

Quicktime files seem more friendly across other OSes and with older machines