Note to New Members ×

4807 for spring slush??

Bobby Buggs

Hey Bobby,

Yes, ride the 4807 this weekend. It will do fine in slush...wax it up for wet spring conditions if that is what you expect. I usually go with all temp wax anyway.

Be careful about watching your backside in the lift lines, people will being looking at your beautiful board and might run all over the tail.

Ride it hard and tell us about it on Monday :AR15firin

Hugh

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabooooooooooooooom!

be careful on the soft stuff, don't get too far forward

I have found that the spring is the easiest time to explode a board as well just put a beating on it in flex department without actually folding the nose due to the heavy soft bumps everywhere

Skatha: Try to hook up with Dave Tille and co. You will have a blast. Have fun!!

I would if I wasn't going to embarrass myself.....maybe next year... my crippled hubby also probably wouldn't be too cool with my saying "see you back at the lodge, hun...I'm shredding with the homes..."

I would not recommend using this board on anything but fresh pow. Too soft, too unpredictable.

+1.

I enjoy my 4807 very much in powder especially tree powder, but once the temp starts to get into the 30's it's so-so and I can't imagine liking it at all in slush.

My not-so-secret slush weapon, the Coiler AM 182 Slushbuster that I won't shut up about, is the polar opposite of a 4807 - nice stiff nose and tail, softer midsection, bigger sidecut radius. It rides best in any conditions with my weight planted right between the bindings - no fore/aft movement at all.

My AM is a 19 waist, Im thinking of breaking out the old Rossi slayer 20cm or the Spike, even wider but stiff.

Slushbuster is 19.5... I find that a little bit of "underhang" helps in slush but that I don't want all that much. I ride it at the same mid-50's angles as I roide my alpine decks, size 25 MP boots.