Note to New Members ×

Surf-Rodz snowboards

Pow

has anyone heard of these/ seen these/ ridden these?

not exactly alpine boards (looks like a cross between an alpine board and a monoski) but seem really cool anyway...

http://www.surf-rodz.com/b.php?section=snow&page=freecarve170

they dont offer up a price, so i dont how expensive they are. im guessing up in the pogo/virus range. any input would be greatly appreciated.

cool, thanks for the info.

they were supposed to be demoed at the ECES but nobody's left any feedback on this site that i've found. From the photos, they look good enough to buy just as decorations... but i dont have that kind of cash. I'd like to know how they ride... the description of the "cruise" reminds me ohh so much of my own style.

Surf-Rodz was at the ECES, and the "demos" they brought weren't really demos, but experimental prototypes. The mission wasn't to get people to try and buy the boards, but to get feedback on the designs. IMO, they still have a ways to go before they're ready for prime time. But the guy behind it is a cool cat and has a lot of passion, so definitely keep an eye on them.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am in CT and I plan on meeting up with Wayne sometime real soon to see what his company is all about. Last I heard they didn't get much feedback from the alpine boards and are mainly focusing on there skate decks. A soft boot carver might be on the way too.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I have several of his demos. The design is unique and for a purpose not generally sought by the hardcore HBer. They are specifically designed for soft conditions. They are also designed to be ridden with softboots :eek:

They are an absolute blast on days when the groom is to soft to be safe in HBs. They are a fantastic ride in soft boots. They require much less power to carve and are a good way to learn to carve in an alpine stance for those who are thinking about getting into the sport but aren't yet ready to spring for boots and bindings etc.

check out his longboard offerings as well. The guy builds some sick skateboards

post-2375-141842261756_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I met with Wayne today and chewed the fat with him.

What a great company he is starting up.

His skate decks look REALLY nice. I see his company going places.

==========

Picked up a Surf Rodz Carve 180 from Wayne. Its the deck that has the huge taper on it.

I plan on putting all of his boards through the paces this year.

Look to Wayne for some real exciting stuff comming down the pipeline in the next few years.