Note to New Members ×

Bad Habits

Gleb

I always see people talking about their bad habits while carving. What is classified as a bad habit? I have one so far that I know of. I look down the mountain too much like skiing instead of facing the nose of the board. What are some of yours?

I have this bad habit of eating it rather than run into kids....I could hardly move my neck on the 1200 mile drive home last week because I aborted a heelside turn when 2 8 year old future Olympians begged me "don't" whilst they were incapable of turning themselves

I keep riding when I know my knees and ankle can't take any more...

I guess that's the positive part of being a weekend warrior...5 days to recover between! Ice is nice!

I think my worst habit is forgetting to shift weight back at the end of a carve...I tend to stay forward over the nose a little too much...

I talk myself out of stuff. I can't go down that, it's too steep. I can't carve down here, I'd better skid. I can't ride well today, the light is flat. I'm going too fast, I'd better fall down now ...

I'm such a wimp. Lucky I'm a girl. :1luvu:

:lol::lol: at you guys.

Jack, it looks like ur in the middle of squeezing out one of those super-dense-because -of-school-food ****s. Also, the fact that heelside carves tend to make people look like they're on the can makes it look all the better.

oh and allee, i have the opposite problem. I talk myself into stuff i shouldnt be doing.

I'm going too fast, better tuck harder...thats too steep, better tuck harder...there is a little kid in front of me, better tuck hard:eplus2:

I always see people talking about their bad habits while carving. What is classified as a bad habit? I have one so far that I know of. I look down the mountain too much like skiing instead of facing the nose of the board. What are some of yours?
I slouch my shoulders.