Note to New Members ×

SKWAL sighting..FS

Bill Boothby

everyone who is interested reply with how much you are willing to pay as far as shares go. send email to delaneycarlson@hotmail.com

I will post the list when it comes in and update it as needed. we can then vote on amounts and what not.

remember we have the second swaal at 119 plus shipping to consider as well.

twice the fun/coverage.

I will get it started:eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2:

Dr D 75$

and a set of wild duck bindings that look very similiar to those above

tex1230 50$

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have a new and unmounted Lacroix Skwal Contest. I bought it for a friend, but he has gone into "radio silence", and not sure if he still wants it. If he doesn't take it this weekend, I'll sell it to your new "Skwal Consortium" for my cost, $119 (+ s/h). It will need bindings, but if you can't find them to buy, they can be fabricated from alpine bindings (I can send instructions). Having a second board would double your inventory so that two of you could ride (and try to figure out the thing) at the same time. I will also include a copy of the riding instruction manual, and a copy of the VHS tape that came with my original.

I am leaving for the weekend, but will be back on line Sunday PM.

Cheers,

Bob

snobhorde of france has a lacroix contest with bindings for 200 euros plus shipping if the other deal doesn't pan out we have options. It would be nice if we had the giraffe and one lacroix for comparison though as opposed to two lacroix's

Forgive me if I am wrong, but does anyone actually think that this "share the board" proposal has any chance of NOT becoming an colossal disaster? If you don't have the balls to pony up the dough to buy it outright then why not back off and let the people who actually want and can pay for the board bid for it.

Since carverbob has no direct email turned on in his profile, I am asking him if he wants to sell his board to me for the price he indicated. My apologizes to Bill B. for looking at both boards on his thread. Email me at eaglez@sympatico.ca if you want to make the deal. I have been an ebay buyer/seller since 1997 and I don't waste peoples time. If we make a deal, I pay immediately, no waiting for "cheques in the mail" that never arrive.

Darren :biggthump

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am telling my mommy you guys won't play fair:lol:

holy cow where do they keep these guys?

Its just an idea not a constitutional attack. bid it up baby. I believe that tex and I will be buying the carverbob one though. we don't need six guys to pull that one off.

I take exception to your insinuation that those who "can't afford it" should just go away. If you can go buy one and go away yourself:flamethro

2 mindless pages of postings with only 2 legitimate bids?? That is ridiculous!! :smashfrea All Bill B. , and any other seller, wants is to sell the item as easily as possible for as much as they can get. No seller is going to entertain "consortium" bidding when the simplicity of a single winning bid is available. So why waste your time with it. As for "bidding" on carverbob's board, I wasn't aware he was auctioning it off. If he contacts me or posts his terms here, bring it on. The more the merrier. :flamethro

What you really need to wrap your mind around is that this isn't ebay. This is a community of people who enjoy the same pastime. We also "know" each other.

I don't mean that strictly literally all though many do. what I mean is we have ongoing conversations about a variety of topics that allows us to form community ties. we also stick together like any other community when attacked. It is completely off base to enter a conversation and tell everyone they are idiots. We already know that :eplus2: read the rest of the post. We are developing an idea that may not happen until next year if ever. Its a way of community problem solving. Yes there are those of us who have limited toy budgets. mostly the new guys. That is a problem for our entire sport because its consumer dollars that will drive new designs and equipment manufacturers into our sport. The same thing goes for the skwal. The only reason they aren't sold here is that there isn't enough market yet. if enough of us try one and like it we end up creating a market for them allowing all the bystanders a chance to try it. at any rate even crazy ideas have merit if enough people agree on it.

Sorry to have added to the flurry of e-mails , and further complicating BB's effort to sell his friend's Skwal. I offered my LaCroix to Dr. D and his group as part of the "fun" of having more people on Skwals, and I think they have a good idea for enjoying a unique board, (and they are fun, but if you think you hear lots of inane comments riding an alpine board, you haven't been on a Skwal!).

That said, if Dr. D, and consortium, wants the board, it is theirs. If not, Eaglez has made an offer. I have not put it up for sale to the general membership, yet, and am not "auctioning it off", just selling it at my cost.

So Dr. D and company, please let me know by Tuesday night if you want the board, and I will give you PayPal instructions.

Eaglez, if they choose not to buy it I will send you an e-mail. I will also update my profile with my e-email. Until then, it is bob_roehl@hotmail.com

Again, sorry for adding to this long thread for BB's sale.

Best regards,

Dr. D, count me in for the Skwal pass-around if you still like that idea. I don't think I want to own one, but I would love to try one for a day or three. I'll cover shipping costs ad put a deposit equal to the cost of the board, plus a non-refundable $40 or so to make it worthwhile. Or something like that. It's your board, you set the terms. :)

Field intelligence reports activity lurking on the perimeter dressed in Gore-tex Ghillie suits...I am playing no favorites to groups or privateers. Lump sum bids considered after shipping and Paypal deduction. State your business, I will be as cut rate as possible shipping this to you,best to deal shipping not in the bid. If you plan to use paypal,speak up...on a second thought, f*#k-it Paypal Sanction Dropped,what are we talking $7.50 (Two pints of BarleyPop,ouch!)

Remember men...Bid High, Bid often!

Carry on BB

My very first attempt to contact the 'Winner" was through his profile. This person does not make his Email address available, hidden if you will. Our moderator does not have any contact info on this person either. Hmmm...WTF!, over. Probably on Vacation, Granny ill, karma ran over his dogma, computer failure, whatever.....