Note to New Members ×

SKWAL sighting..FS

Bill Boothby

I spotted this in a friends storage condo. My friend is an expert sandboarder and was given this by the maker...it has never touched sand.

The board is in good shape complete with bindings. we are talking complete package, I don't want to be bothered separating board and bindings.

It goes to the highest posted bid ending one week from now Tues. 8:ooam Pac.Time

I hope this is fair...I have no clue what I have here, so I welcome comment.

No Reserve, No holds barred, anything goes...Let's get ready to rumble!!!

You pay shipping actual cost I package up on my dime, No BS.

Paypal Ok, you pay the 3% ding ( credit card, cash on account,check,whatever, they still get you)

post-126-14184221657_thumb.jpg

post-126-141842216572_thumb.jpg

post-126-141842216573_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the topsheet say "Made in Canada"? Heck, if those bad boys are made up north, how come it's so @#$@ hard to find one in the U.S.? I'm tempted...but think I need to pass on further gear purchases until I have, you know, a job.

Looks like a fun, wild ride though - whoever buys it please post a review!

I have been getting quite a few emails about the Skwal. My friend Is interested in selling it and I agreed to help him. Some of you skateboard racers out there know Jack Smith, the owner of the Skwal, he is dedicated to the promotion of Slalom Skateboarding,also a legend in Sandboarding for over 30 years. We really do not have a clue what this thing is worth to someone,so we are chumming for takers.

While willing to let it go for chump change, we hope to get a fair price and at the same time hope someone gets a good deal.

I really do not have the time to entertain inquiries so I thought the auction idea would more or less self regulate. I seriously do not wish to pit brother against brother in a dollar based show of strength. My intention is to create interest in this oddity, find it a good home, keep us entertained as we get our "Bomberonline Fix" each day and create an archival trail of interested riders that this may be passed on to .

-Only posted offers are considered.

-Yes, it is drilled w/4x4 inserts.

-Factor in a base grind, there are a few nicks

Thanks BB

how about afew of us curious souls pitch in and buy this thing and then take turns running it a couple weeks at a time? sort of a club demo. I would love to try one and I know I am not the only one who doesn't want to fork out 250 plus on something that may or may not be enjoyable. Maybe its great maybe its not much different than what I'm doing now. Hate to cough up green in large amounts to find out. what say? any takers? shipping would be an ongoing cost I guess. Maybe its a stupid idea. 250$ is probably beating what I got in the toy can.

Skwal Timeshare?

I'd throw down $50 for that - if we can get a few others interestd we could pass it around next season...

everyone gets it for a week, tunes it & sends it on to the next guy...

Don't tell D-sub...he'll call us commies! :D

Probably won't work - shipping it around the country could get expensive and I foresee problems with who's next in line, shipped board not arriving in time...lots of potential for conflict...

Aside from all the conflicts and shipping charges and tuning costs and potential for someone damaging it and other potential problems...a great idea! One of those things that is great in theory, but the execution could be a bear.

Another way to eliminate the bidding war is someone could just pony up and buy it, get their use out of it for a few weeks, then put it back on BOL for what they paid for it. Each time it's sold, the seller would only be out shipping and possibly tuning for getting to run the board for 2 - 4 weeks. Again, their are problems with that idea, like someone might just decide they love it and want to keep it and it would never make it back on the For Sale board.

I've seen similar on BOL since I've been on. You'll see a board that keeps popping back up For Sale and it changes hands many times.

Who knows. This may not be the last we see of the mono-giraffe!

shares in the skwal could be set at $50, and we could keep a schedule posted, rotating 10 day periods, making sure it made it to SES and ECES...

Speedzilla, what do you think?

i figure we'd need 6 or 7 people in this to make iot work and make sure everyone gets it at least 2 times a season...

we could keep a running thread here with calendar & who has it...

and the "keeper" would be the guy who finally breaks it...he would have to compensate the other shareholders for that though...full payoff the first round, half the second, and decreasing through the seasons.

This sounds very complex and next to impossible to pull off...consider me in!:biggthump hehe. Well, pending ironing out all the issues, of course.

Bill should think about just keeping it himself and renting it out. Put like a $400 deposit on it and if broken, he gets to keep the money. Or if it gets a gash, minus a set amount, etc. Then the renter ships it direct to the next in line (after that person pays Bill and makes the deposit (or returns the deposit to the previous shipper and then Bill falls out of the loop). We could always come up with something even more complex if this it too simple for everyone. :eplus2:

rotate it for a season and if one or more really want to keep it hold a bidding war again and the winner splits the payoff between the other shares. I think one week might be to short though might work better and save shipping to just have your two weeks all at once.

Every one involved gets to use it two weeks and then we decide if we want to do it again or bid it off again. we could also put it on the board or ebay if we all think it sucks and split the proceeds.

I think it would ship inside a piece of PVC pipe with caps just nice and certainly durable enough for repeat shipment. whoever ships it is responsible for shipping.

I am in even if we have to up the share price a little. If nothing else it will give us something to talk/argue about on the board next season.:lol:

I count 4 interested so far. 5 if speedzilla yields to the many. I bet we can get a moderator to oversee a thread with the particulars. location, next in line etc. anyone causing problems will be flogged etc. with less than 10 parties involved the democratic process should cover any eventuality. I would submit that a fresh wax would probably be sufficient between riders. Any "damage" maintainance would be the responsibility of the one who did the damage. any issues that arise get put to a vote on the thread.

I currently have a new and unmounted Lacroix Skwal Contest. I bought it for a friend, but he has gone into "radio silence", and not sure if he still wants it. If he doesn't take it this weekend, I'll sell it to your new "Skwal Consortium" for my cost, $119 (+ s/h). It will need bindings, but if you can't find them to buy, they can be fabricated from alpine bindings (I can send instructions). Having a second board would double your inventory so that two of you could ride (and try to figure out the thing) at the same time. I will also include a copy of the riding instruction manual, and a copy of the VHS tape that came with my original.

I am leaving for the weekend, but will be back on line Sunday PM.

Cheers,

Bob

I currently have a new and unmounted Lacroix Skwal Contest. I bought it for a friend, but he has gone into "radio silence", and not sure if he still wants it. If he doesn't take it this weekend, I'll sell it to your new "Skwal Consortium" for my cost, $119 (+ s/h). It will need bindings, but if you can't find them to buy, they can be fabricated from alpine bindings (I can send instructions). Having a second board would double your inventory so that two of you could ride (and try to figure out the thing) at the same time. I will also include a copy of the riding instruction manual, and a copy of the VHS tape that came with my original.

I am leaving for the weekend, but will be back on line Sunday PM.

Cheers,

Bob

This gets better and better. I have a spare set of bindings or two. something should work.

hey we could get this all figured out and start a demo club that tries all the new cool stuff.:freak3: :freak3: :smashfrea

Whether or not my board goes to the "consortium", I will post the instruction manual next week (it is in .pdf format), if you can tell me how to do that. Failing that, I could just e-mail it to someone more technical than I am to post, or at least share with the owners group.