Note to New Members ×

Chris Klug Website Purchasing

Guest RotoryflightRipper

Two questions here:

1: I am thinking of buying an Alp off the site. It is listed as having a sintered base but the'98 catalog states that it is a lightspeed base. anyone who has bought one of these please clarify this for me. Also, if it is a lightspeed base, how does it ride? can you wax it? I've only ridden sintered bases so I don't know.

2: I am 5'6" and @155 lbs. I like a stiff board. What do people think of the alp 64 for someone my size?

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RotoryflightRipper
Has anyone tried to purchase anything from Klugs Website?

Why I ask is, there is no option to contact them/him via phone or e-mail?

Want to purchase an apline snowboard but I am hesitant due to the above.

https://www.klugriding.com/[/quote]

Wow! I guess my initial question sparked alot of responses even though there were a lot of posts that were way off in terms of the original question.

I spoke to Burton directly in Vermont today and it looks like Klug's web site is just a marketing tool to sell Burtons old Alpine boards. When you place an order it is sent imediately to Burton for processing and then the board is located in the Burton warehouse in Platesburg (SP?) NY and shipped from their.

So that's that. Now the question turns to what is the major differences between the Factory Prime and the Ultra Prime. On Klug's web site all the Factory Primes are "soft flex" while the Ultra's are not? Is this a rider weight thing? What would the Alpine Guru's (who are on a budget) chose keeping in mind the Burton boards on Klugs web site?

Thanks all

Guest Bill L.

I purchased an '04 Addicted 73 through Klug 3 wks. ago and had no problems. You get a purchase and shipping confirmation via email from Burton. I also emailed Klug RE some other thoughts and got a reply from him within 24 hrs. The soft flex would be more for riders that don't have the middle aged beer gut & the weight that goes with it(like me) BTW the Addicted rode very well.

the lightspeed base on the alp is extruded with some sort of aditive if I remember correctly, wax it and it will be fine, just does not hold wax as well as a sintered base

I personally feel that the alp is a crappy board except when charging through chopped up pow and in the tree, for those uses it performs very well

UPs are decent board, they are aimed at the freecarver, they are light and snappy with a cap construction

they kind of remind me of oxygen protons but much softer and and easier to control

I demoed a couple UPs and I much prefered factory primes

Factory primes have ABS side walls so they are probably the most durable of the bunch, I like they way they ride much more as well

none of the primes were ever all that stiff to me so a soft flexed prime would probably be for a light weight rider say under 150 or so

burton stuff had weight range in the catalog so if you found one you could find the range for that board and assume that the soft version would work for you if you are on the low end of the range for the regular prime

Guest Bill L.

Thanks Gleb. I just came across this site & I'm stoked! I've only come across carvers acouple times at Crystal Mtn. and it seems its a tight group. Everyone is very supportive regardless of skill level,either online or on the mtn. Looking forward to watching some runs this wknd. at Crystal. The NORAM finals are running.

ya its a great site and i'm happy i found it. Everyone here is always quick to help others out. I am new to carving and everyone made the transition from skiing to carving pretty ez and pain free so far.

back on topic, if i knew bout Klugg's website, i think i would've gotten my UP from there. Live n learn.

Yeah, I need to put on at least 25 more lbs so I can control my race sails in 30 knot+ warm spring winds.

Too bad that's too much for cop out, fagwind kiting. But there's always room in the porta-johns to snuggle and wait for lighter winds.

( not that there's anything wrong with it )

I ordered an alp from klug riding a few months ago, wanted a shorter softer board so i could still carve when it got crowded. my longer race boards were just too hard to make short quick turns with to avoid the tourons. Aside from the awesome price I got it in about 5 days from the order, brand new with the stickers still on it. it says it's under factory warranty but i doubt burton will be cooperative if you try to use the warranty. overall i would reccommend ordering from their if you cant afford a newer board.

:nono:

Yeah, I need to put on at least 25 more lbs so I can control my race sails in 30 knot+ warm spring winds.

Too bad that's too much for cop out, fagwind kiting. But there's always room in the porta-johns to snuggle and wait for lighter winds.

( not that there's anything wrong with it )

and all this time i thought you windsurfers were hotboxing in the potajohns.Plenty of woods out back at kalmus to look for mr goodbar~ :nono::eplus2: hey sailor boy, you need a date ?

I LOVE it...what a phrase.....

I have a mental image of the adult newly-minted skier with the rigid upper body snowplowing down a run....

Is this what you meant?????

Local talk...

Tourons - tourist morons.

(we locals call them that down at the shore to)

or in a car

squids - self qualified indy drivers

or the gaggle of boarders sitting at a blind corner

pylons

there are others.

squids - self qualified indy drivers

Ha....last summer, while touring Tetons, I got passed(I was doing 55 in a 55, BTW) by a car that decided to pass me within 20 feet of oncoming traffic. I went off the road to accomodate him, as did the driver in the oncoming car. As he passed me, I'll never forget his CO plate...it read "respect life"....

Obviously, not human life :rolleyes:

the proton is similar to a UP but not insanely I think what it is is that they share similar construction, protons are for sure the next step up in stiffness and performance in general, much more cooperative boards at the higher speeds for me at least

kinda like comparing Prior to a standard construction Coiler though different my Coiler feels allot like a Prior WCR

the proton is similar to a UP but not insanely I think what it is is that they share similar construction, protons are for sure the next step up in stiffness and performance in general, much more cooperative boards at the higher speeds for me at least

kinda like comparing Prior to a standard construction Coiler though different my Coiler feels allot like a Prior WCR

If I am not mistaken, the Protons would have bigger scr in similar length.

Proton 168 = 13m, UP 168 < 12m.

ooo thats cool. I guess i dont know what I'm missing. For next season, i'm going to be going 50+ times because the way my schedule works out so i think that probably getting and F2 by the middle/end of the season would be a good investment. Too bad no American riders that I know of have those avaliable on their websites. I would defintly love to support them by buying a board through their site. Most likely they get a cut. F2 silberfiel seems like something that would work for wachusett. Pair that with some TD2 step ins, not only am I in debt, but I'll be in heaven :ices_ange

Too bad no American riders that I know of have those avaliable on their websites. I would defintly love to support them by buying a board through their site. Most likely they get a cut.

Buy one from Bomber or Hardbooter:

Bomber

Hardbooter

Bomber has them (At least one) on sale, and I'm sure you could talk Harbooter in to the end-of-season discount. Both are rider-owned companies, so they'd get a cut........