Note to New Members ×

USASA Nationals

outsider

That'd be cool to meet up with other BOL guys, and girls if there are any. I'd be up for anything sunday through thursday night, because I'll probably take off Friday and head back to Utah. When/where's the Windells/Launch party? Thanks Randy for the offer, I'll give you a call if I need anything when I'm in the Reno area!

The schedule shows a dance on Wednesday night at the Kings Beach Conference Center, but I have not seen any mention of "Windell's/Launch Snowboard Co Dance Party.", maybe they are one in the same??

Anyway I'm sure we will all see each other at the practice on Sunday and we can try to pick a day that works best for everyone. :biggthump

Okay I just talked to Noah and he offered to host this at his place, so we are going to do do this on Friday night at 7:00pm.

The address is 173 Basque, if you turn off of Hwy. 267 on the road going to Northstar, Basque is the first right. Look for the Miller box on the light post.

This is a BYOB event. Hope some of you can make it.

Randy

Guest dragon fly jones

You had like 2 people podium all week the rest of the crew drank their way back to Moroland and your boots stink. You better go to that party or else.

• 5 weeks later...

so 2007 is Steamboat and Tahoe ?

Gah... What about EAST COAST ?? !!!

well, there is always the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge series.....

ps: I took Second place at Jiminy peak this year, and Third in the Finals at LOON MTN. April 1 weekend in the 26-35 Male Boarders catagory despite a major near wipeout that cost me (potential) Firstplace finish due to ice and over compensation for edge that gave under my backfoot, but I still was perfect enough in the top of the course to nail down a place.

Damn... I'd love to qualify for Nationals.... but how ? !

so 2007 is Steamboat and Tahoe ?

Gah... What about EAST COAST ?? !!!

well, there is always the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge series.....

ps: I took Second place at Jiminy peak this year, and Third in the Finals at LOON MTN. April 1 weekend in the 26-35 Male Boarders catagory despite a major near wipeout that cost me (potential) Firstplace finish due to ice and over compensation for edge that gave under my backfoot, but I still was perfect enough in the top of the course to nail down a place.

Damn... I'd love to qualify for Nationals.... but how ? !

Yep, Steamboat and Tahoe. I hope to do both next year. I did the NASTAR Nationals the past three years (2004 - 1st place boarding, 8th place skiing, 2005 - 1st place boarding, 10th place skiing, 2006 - 2nd place boarding, 9th place skiing) and can tell you it's well worth the trip. Mt. Dew was fun. I won my age group on the board (at age 59 I finished 3rd among all boarders aged 26 and over) and took fifth in skiing but the weather is always iffy at Loon that time of year.

You can qualify for the NASTAR Nationals by racing at any NASTAR affilliated resort like Stratton, Mt. Snow, and Okemo. Let me know if you plan to visit Okemo next year. For USASA, you need to race in a local series. Go to http://www.usasa.org/regions.html to find one near you.

Guest dragonsword5

I really want to go next year. I wasn't able to make it this year to NASTAR or USASA because i tore my ACL.

I'm hoping to qualify next year but if I'm only able to go to one of them which one would be best to go to or are they both relatively the same?

I only know of one person who competed in both this year. She said the competition was stronger at USASA but NASTAR was better organized. My only experience is with NASTAR and I'd hate to miss it.

Good luck with the ACL. I tore mine in a skydiving competition in 1969 and didn't get it repaired until 1997. I subsequently had to have two more knee operations, the most recent 12 days ago. You should have plenty of time to recuperate for next season.

Guest dragonsword5

Hey neil,

Yea, remember when I came down on the boardercross comp.? I did it then. I had surgery on April 8th. It's healing well though and I'll definitely be out again next season. Day after thanksgiving, have to keep up the annual schedule :biggthump

USASA MAssachusetts series...events at Jiminy, Bousquet, wachussett, possibly catamount and eaglebrook school.

www.ridemass.org

Noah, that's a nice website you have. Refresh my memory. Is it possible to compete in different series and still qualify for the Nationals? I've done a few events in the Southern VT series and a couple in New Hampshire. I spend my weekends at Okemo but I would like to get to a few of your events. It sounds like you have a well-run program.

Much as I'd like to do both NASTAR and USASA Nationals next year, a lot depends on my new job (have to find one first!). In any event, I need to hook up with you for some coaching this coming winter. I'm self-taught and my "coach" has run out of experience.... :o :o

Make sure I understand it correctly. Let's say I wanted to do all five events and I was registered in the Massachusetts series. Hypothetically, if I qualified in GS, SL, and SBX in the Massachusetts series would I be able to do the HP and SS in the Vermont series and still qualify? With my ski racing schedule to contend with it's tough to get to all events.

Thanks for the clarification.

you qualify in the event you participate in. if you do the races in MA, you would have to qualify for the other events in MA as well. you qualify in each event seperately...so in the scenario you discuss, you could qualify for Each race, but be SOL the 1/2 pipe and Slopestyle