Note to New Members ×

The best way to tune carving board?

malymis

Could anyone recomended best tools/technics for tuning board for very agressive carving. What file do you use?

do you use base bevel guide? What is the best angle for eages?

What about waxing?

I just got my new board volkle RT SL (love this board) and i promise to myself to take care of it.

thanks

________

IzabellaX

Most people seem to run 2 on the side, 1 on the bottom. However, if you are new to tuning and your board is new, you may want to ask a professional to do the intial tune and watch how they perform it. If you go to hunter, being from bk, philty o's in tannersville is a decent place to get a hand tune done.

Waxing is pretty easy. You can use a regular iron, preferably without holes. However a cheap ski/snowboard iron may be worthwhile because they seem to have a more constant temperature which makes waxing easier. Harder waxes seem to work better in the northeast because the conditions are so abrasive.

Check out the Wax WHIZard for waxing:

http://www.alpineskituning.com/raysway.waxwhiz.htm

It was discussed in this thread

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=8015&highlight=wax+wizard

The Wax Whizard is much easier than hot waxing and no mess to clean up when you're done. I went from hot waxing my board maybe twice a season to waxing with the Wax Whizard after every day of riding.