Note to New Members ×

19 meter sidecut?!?

Dan

So I've been reading about the two brand-spanking new Sims Burners in the For Sale section, and saw that someone posted the sidecut on those boards as 19 meters. 19 meters!?!? Is it possible to ride that sidecut without getting thrown in jail?

I just got a 15 meter sidecut board, and riding that thing's natural turning radius at Mt. Hood Meadows takes me to some pretty anti-social speeds. What's it like to ride a 19 meter sidecut?

they just feel BIG, you do need room with one unless you really want to push on it but I had one as my primary board for a season then I went to a coiler 190 with a 15 meter sidecut that made pretty much the same turns when rode at medium speed

the coiler made the burner look like a joke on bad snow though

but the burner was super stable at high speeds

anyway, if you ride on weekdays at a decent hill with some wide runs a 197 burner is one heck of a tool and highly reccomended as long as you are a seasoned rider since it is real easy to break the tails on them things in a fall

If you pressure the nose hard enough, you can get it to turn tighter than that.

If you are switching from a freecarve board at 15m to race stock at 15m for the first time; the stiffness of the board may give you the impression that the sidecut is larger than it really is.

I've watched Billy Bordy rail his Burner on tight runs at The Canyons and cut an arc smaller than others on a 15m radius board.

I've watched Billy Bordy rail his Burner on tight runs at The Canyons and cut an arc smaller than others on a 15m radius board.

Miss that place, good MT to ride. How are the conditions? I was there in 04. Is this the Billy that is marry or have a girl friend name Sue?

If this is the same Bill I know, I rode with them with Ronnie and Elliot. I had a great time with them. :eplus2:

The Billy that is married. He can be a brother and treat you like family, make you feel comfortable in no time.

I miss The Canyons too, couldn't afford it this year. The snow is typical Utah best. The backcountry is 5% fluff, super stable and a much better place to be than dodging the holiday crowds today.

I have a 197 burner with the 19m sidecut, the thing rocks. You just have to be aggressive with it. Get it way out there and throw it over on edge. It holds like crazy. After a while I found that relaxed aggression mode which comes with timming and that is when that board really shines. It will actually turn pretty tight when riden like that and if you squeeze with your knees on it it just gets tighter. I also ride it with a pretty narrow stance. It seems to help me decamber it which also helps tighten up those turns ( I only weigh 165). It feels like sitting on the couch while driving a ferrari. Fast and stable.