Note to New Members ×

what do you listen to while riding?

FTA2R

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are missing out one some of the best music ever...PINK FLOYD!! Dark Side of the Moon, Echoes, the wall, hand full of others. I can;t get enough. I love it for cruising on my skies and when i'm good enough, defintly on my board. but like skipuppy said, i love hearing the snow. Its just awesome.

if I listened to Pink Floyd when I was ridin, especially the wall or dsotm Id probably pull off a run and off myself.

I LOVE that band, but...theyre a bit dark for snowboarding imo

have somehow passed by Boards of Canada...but listen to Autechre and Funkstorung

On anything groomed or man-made I'm usually listening to hardcore/metal/punk - 2nd the Dropkick Murphy's. Other aggressive favorites to charge down the hill with - the Haunted, All Out War, NOFX, Slayer, Pantera, Motorhead, etc.

Any natural environment such as woods riding, powder and natural terrain I like to take in the quiet all zen-like.

For a change of pace I also enjoy Latin Polka Hip Hop played backwards.

Dance Dance Euro Dance.

Dream Dance, ATB, 2dj Binassie Bros, stuf you hear on XM 81, BPM

I rock the Ipod mini which sucks and have the Giro fuse with the tune up kit.

I even modify my jackets for pass throughs if needed.

Gotta have the tunes. Nothing like mid summer and one of those songs comes on and you see your self in a mid G turn :biggthump

Nothing, while I'm riding... :D
Tunes Are Bad MMKay?Listen up children, riding with tunes cranked is BAD MMKay ? :eek:

Finally saw the new Warren Miller "Higher Ground" last night and the soundtrack is very similiar to what's on my mp3 player for riding.Lots of Audioslave and Jack Johnson.

post-123-141842209963_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I just started riding with music this year, I actually found that it helps me relax, regardless of the snow conditions. Without music I would hear ice and freak out, now I feel ice and pressure the edge more.

Top 3 that aren't in your list:

1. Powerman 5000: Drop the Bombshell (SUPER agressive kinda uberrock)

2. The Police: Bam ba Lam (AKA: Black Betty)

3. Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Fear the Reaper

There's an awesome song that I have for those long cat tracks, nice and smooth, however short:

Sonny Rhodes: Ballad Of Serenity

You may know that one as the theme song from Firefly.

I usually ride with alot of classical music. The soundtrack from Pirates Of The Carribean is amazing, so is the music from the latest star wars.

I have a bunch of really good songs that most of you have probally never heard of that are great for riding.

John Barnes Chance: Variations on a Korean Folk Song

Daniel Bukvitch: Bufallo Jump Ritual

Vincent Perchetti: Paegent

and who could forget the age of swing? Put in some Glen Miller! Or Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing. Awesome to ride to, if you like swing music.

________

R Engine

did the Police cover "Black Betty"? Ram Jam did the original I think...

I'd like to hear the Police's version - any idea what album?

I might have misunderstood the DJ on the radio. She was saying alot and not being very clear about what was going on at the time. I always thought that it was Ram Jam too, but the radio said it was a block of The Police that was coming on. They played Roxanne, Black Betty, and the Message in a Bottle...hmmmm....maybe Radio person error? This is mighty curious....

Edit: Just did a quick search of the intornet (see, the 'or' makes it evil ;)) and I couldn't turn up anything about Black Betty by the Police. DJ GOOF!!!!

________

Silver surfer reviews

I listen to the sweeet ripping sound of the board cutting snow and ice... anything more is a distraction.

by the end of my season, I defintly agree. I love the sound the board makes on the ice.

While skiing, i still like music. I now have a playlist with a big mix of techno: DJ Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, some D'n'B, some not crappy rap, iron maiden, a lil tool, some random heavy metal sometimes, lots of sublime, and tons and tons of classic rock.

Its a good variety, and it keeps me entertained on a lift ride up. I kind of zone out the music on my way down.

Willy, ive seen that concert before, pretty chill stuff.

im usually focused entirely on the ride, but when im not (which is when im feeling really lazy, at the end of the season... short sleeves, no helmet, just sunglasses tshirt and jeans) i listen to queen and aerosmith (makes carving fast that much more fun) or the beach boys and dick dale.

3. Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Fear the Reaper

There's an awesome song that I have for those long cat tracks, nice and smooth, however short:

Sonny Rhodes: Ballad Of Serenity

You may know that one as the theme song from Firefly.

I usually ride with alot of classical music.

classical???? wow. I'm not even sure I could do that, unless it was a real intense symphony, like the Mars movement from "The Planets" or the awesome piece used in Apocolypse Now when psychotic Col. Kilgore and his boys are shooting up a village...anyone know what that piece is? Usually I listen to something to get me all fired up, focused, and intense, never tried Classical before, though. I take it you are relaxed when riding?

re: Blue Oyster Cult, I was in a ski house with the lead singer's son this year. cool guy. I say to him: "Blue Oyster Cult 1983 PSU- how'd you get that shirt?" he goes "my dad's the lead singer." I was like "no, really." It was a funny conversation.

classical???? wow. I'm not even sure I could do that, unless it was a real intense symphony, like the Mars movement from "The Planets" or the awesome piece used in Apocolypse Now when psychotic Col. Kilgore and his boys are shooting up a village...anyone know what that piece is? Usually I listen to something to get me all fired up, focused, and intense, never tried Classical before, though. I take it you are relaxed when riding?

Im not usually that relaxed, I'm verry agressive when I ride actually. Download any of those classical pieces and you'll see why. Holst's Mars looks like Swan Lake next to any of them. With Paegent, you need to sit through the beginning for the good part to come. Variations seems like a fairly mellow song, but if you have any musical background it really pops out. And finally, Bufallo Jump Ritual...its a song that tries to capture the atmosphere of a hunting party of Native Americans herding a herd of Bufallo off a big cliff...sounds pretty boring and relaxed eh :rolleyes: But seriously, download any of them and you'll see what I mean. If You want, I can email you any of the files that you can't find, because most of the pieces I listen to while riding will change your perspective on classical music.

________

Hamann Motorsport

I agree with Erik about Powder / Trees.

That said, sometimes when I've had enough of the sounds of pow-pow, I'll put on some downbeat/laidback/smooth tracks. Roykskopp, certain Jamiroquai songs, 'chillout' songs -- anything that gets me in a 'floating in space' sort-of mood.

I don't know if I like listening to music that much while I'm riding hard-pack...more often than not I tend to zone-out the music anyways, and if it's a fast-paced song sometimes I (subconsciously?) try to fit the aggressiveness of my carving to the beat, and that's a fall waiting to happen ;).

-J

more often than not I tend to zone-out the music anyways, and if it's a fast-paced song sometimes I (subconsciously?) try to fit the aggressiveness of my carving to the beat, and that's a fall waiting to happen ;).

-J

I always try to follow the beat as well. But one time, when i havent fallen for like 4 days straight, i caught a stupid edge. I must've looked like a retard. OOO i forgot to mention that many of the matrix soundtracks are really, really good. And after watching desperado today, i really like the song at the begining, Cancion Del Mariachi. A very catchy tune. Justin, im gonna give those a try.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music, i just don't like country or many of the rap songs.

Trance,

Techno,

Ambient groves,

Anything with a good beat in one ear,

....and the wind whistling in the other inside my helmet.

Always a good idea to ride with one ear open...... this way when I'm passing you, you can hear me calling " ON YOUR LEFT !" :eek: