Note to New Members ×

Madd ebay..and others search?

Shred Gruumer

This is on ebay.. a steal for now anyway!!!

but I alway have problems looking for boards and what not on Ebay..are there any key area or search words you guys are using.. seems as if I can never find the stuff you guys can find..especially those rare Asyms that are coming back..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7203597710

Shred

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't snipe me, you bastards! :AR15firin

bid a good price from the start, bro! works every time!

not the "man..Im gonna try and make this my deal of the century" bid, but a possibly slightly above reasonable price, right now, ahead of everyone else and you wont get outbid, or if you do itll be for more than you resolved to pay anyway

odds are that board will sell for $450ish, maybe more. maybe less obviously, but I doubt it

I agree...I have a set price that I'll pay...I just get annoyed with being the best bid for the whole auction and getting the price run up to my max or beyond in the last 2 minutes...It's the thing I find the most annoying on ebay.

yeah, its annoying, but it also means you set your bid too low.

get used to it. it is how ebay works. I personally cant stand it, and dont do it. stuff I want, I look at the new price, what its worth to me, hit that number, and forget it. if I win, great. I won a very, very nice pool cue this way recently,although I upped my bid a couple times in the days before auction end, but I won a $500 cue for $225. I was happy.

and mike...ok, I can bet a pint. except...I want Bridgeport Blackstrap Stout. Cant find it here!!!!

I won a $500 cue for $225. I was happy.

and mike...ok, I can bet a pint. except...I want Bridgeport Blackstrap Stout. Cant find it here!!!!

Wow. No idea one could spend almost as much on a new pool cue as a new Coiler or Donek.

... and a pint at Deschutes will be just fine thank you. Having just sold a Madd 170, I have a pretty good idea where ther market is, and I think it will stay safely in the 3's. Especially after Madd's thanksgiving special which essentially gave you a new one for $511.

oh man...pool cues get LUDICROUSLY expensive, man. this one retailing at $500 is on the lower end of whats available from that particular company

custom cues $700-$2000+

stupid, imo. hell even the $225 I paid feels stupid.

anyway...deschutes it is. gonna try to make OES.

I agree...I have a set price that I'll pay...I just get annoyed with being the best bid for the whole auction and getting the price run up to my max or beyond in the last 2 minutes...It's the thing I find the most annoying on ebay.

Actually, that's the main argument FOR sniping. You bid early and someone WILL run the price up. And the last 2 minutes isnt sniping, that's just a last minute bidding war, a total waste of time. Effective sniping happens in the last 10 seconds. As a power seller, I LOVE snipers :biggthump

yes, but if you bid a price that is reasonable, odds are you will win, Galen. its a simple matter of value.

the last minute bidding is almost always an effort to get the best bargain possible, which is why people watch auctions until the very last minute.

the 10 second thing...well...kinda funny...it demonstrates something about "us" these days, imo

I dont see how it has all that much to do with capitalism. I've got no beef with capitalism.

the concept of wanting things for cheap has gone too far. I mean...man...even here, people think $100 for a snowboard is "a bargain" but holy crap to me its a STEAL! I mean...someone posted..."This board was worth the $70 I paid"

WTF?!?!? heh.

so no..its not capitalism

I don't see anything wrong with trying to win an auction for the lowest possible price. As buyers, we want the best value. What seems unfair to others (ie . "sniping" or bidding within the last few minutes) is not against ebay policy. Individuals have their own strategies for bidding. If it works for one and not another, so be it.

oh..I didnt use the word unfair. It's inherently part of ebay now.

all Im sayin is that the concept of a "deal" has become distorted completely, and ebay is hugely responsible for that.

of course we all want to spend less, make more...something like that...but when a ripping snowboard that will provide hours of enjoyment gets devalued so drastically...there's something else going on there

again, "imo"

Guest thomas_m

of course we all want to spend less, make more...something like that...but when a ripping snowboard that will provide hours of enjoyment gets devalued so drastically...there's something else going on there

again, "imo"

From an economics perspective, the board is not devalued, it's market priced which should actually be a more accurate representation of 'value' (what people are willing to pay in light of other ways of using their funds).

Ebay has created a very effiecient market for many items that were formerly traded in a very inefficient manner: local only market, imperfect/one-sided info, etc, etc. Buyers now have more info and alternative items available = generally lower prices. In many cases these days, the buyer may have better info than the seller, a reversal of previous situations. It's economically rational for them to use that information disparity to their best advantage.

A more well known example of this process is the used car market. With all the informational resources available on the net from reviews to inventories, title searches and prices, the information disparity between the dealer and buyer is much smaller than it used to be. So it's much less likely that a reasonably careful buyer will get bent over by the used car salesman these days.

T.

My point was not that this practice was unfair. It was that it is annoying as hell. I am a die hard capitalist, and I believe strongly in the efficiency of auction markets. The problem, for me, is that unlike the trading I do for a living, the things I am usually bidding for on ebay carry an emotional attachment...presents for the kid or wife, snowboards, etc...and when you lose to someone who hides their intentions to the last few seconds, it can be infuriating. Anyway, someone just topped my first bid and I'm probably not upping my bid on this particular board thanks to advice from a few owners...

So I guess I'm back to looking for that perfect board...

I don't see anything wrong with trying to win an auction for the lowest possible price. As buyers, we want the best value. What seems unfair to others (ie . "sniping" or bidding within the last few minutes) is not against ebay policy. Individuals have their own strategies for bidding. If it works for one and not another, so be it.

I admit to bidding late on things from time to time though usually not because I'm planning it as some sort of strategy more because I forgot or on the occassion that I had a complaint lodged against me, because my connection was from an aircraft carrrier in the midddle of the pacific heading to Operation Iraqi Freedom...my reply ended the "arbitration request" from the loser immediatly.

Well, for what it is worth, Im a collector of Lib Tech boards, and I usually bid up to the factory price. Comes in handy from my experience working for Mervin MFG a while back. However, if its used, I'll have to consider it. Usually, I win the bid, regardless. I go by proximity bid (or should I say bet? :rolleyes: )

Hey Lee W.. Fin has a nice all black Lib Tech Inner course Asym!! doh!! that I sent his way...

also.. I think they made a mistake... the board is new.. but he also has a used one..

We Screwed UP! This is not the used Madd 170 with a PTC tune it is a never used Madd 170 from last year with a PTC tune. The used Madd 170 does not have a PTC tune. We will e-bay it next. What is a PTC tune, see Signature Snowboard Race Finish at http://www.summitskishop.com/ptcmenupricing.php?page=PTC PTC Signature Snowboard Race Finish: Includes light base work, World Cup Signature Grind, Disc Edge Finish, Race Wax and brush: 85.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7203597710&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Right said Shred :o :biggth

Hey Lee W.. Fin has a nice all black Lib Tech Inner course Asym!! doh!! that I sent his way...

I have Lib Tech Innercourse, too, but "all black"? I'll go see Fin and see that board. :) And how come you sent it that a way to him? send it to meeeee :) Am looking for bindings that'll fit (old insert pattern) with three straps bindings for softboots to rip 'em in terrain park.

Shred, where did you get that info?? I've sent the seller several messages and haven't gotten a response...

Im guessing that shred might be the seller? or, at least...an agent. the seller is "maddmikes" which is MADD...so its either shred, shaggy, cheri...someone involved.

and mike...nope...bet is still on, as it was placed on the information available at the time. kinda like the bush admin's actions ;)

you could still be right though...