Note to New Members ×

I've never seen so many carvers...

Guest dragonsword5

Guest dragonsword5

I was at Killington today and I've never seen as many carvers as I did today and this is my second season carving and I've never been to an expression session so seeing about 7 carvers was a lot :p . Unfortunately I couldn't meet up with half of them because they were either on the trail while I was on the lift or on the lift while I was on the trail. These guys were awesome to watch from the lift though! Completely riding the carves. It was like watching the eurocarve movies on hardbooter :eek:

I got some great tips from one carver, PSR I think his sn is and rode with another for a little bit. THANKS IF YOU SEE THIS!

I went to Stowe on Saturday and only saw like one carver. Is Killington just better to carve at or is it just prefrence?

Man today was awesome! :1luvu:

I went to Stowe on Saturday and only saw like one carver. Is Killington just better to carve at or is it just prefrence?

Killington is a great MT overall. Many different terrian to choose from. I would have to say it just closer to many areas of MASS, CONN, NY and NJ. Love that Mt!

If it wasn't for the Okemo Pass, I will be going there instead. Miss that place!

Guest dragonsword5
He SURE is! Would like to meet him in person one of these days. Seems last time he posted in freecarve.com was 11/11/2005.

He was really nice to me. When my I was in the parking lot unpacking with my uncle and dad he came up to us and was like "Is that a ski board" :lol: Then I met up with him later that day and was like....Your the guy from the parking lot! :rolleyes: I have a horrible memory :p

He was pulling your chain about the ski board thing.

:lol:

You are one lucky buck-a-roo, I've always wanted to get out to your woods and lay trenches with the East Coast Carve Posse. PSR is a fantastic resource for snowboarding in general and carving in particular and a major benefit to the rest of us. There are a lot of people that I come in contact with that started carving under PSR's guidance.

He often posts less during the season, and I believe he just moved so there might be no connection in the home yet. You can always call the mountain to get in touch with him if all else fails.

Good luck,

Guest dragonsword5
He was pulling your chain about the ski board thing.

:lol:

Took us a little bit to figure that out :P It was funny because we were like....a non-carver wouldn't really come up to you like that...i think they would be like...what is that? :D

hhaha, yeah i had the honor in riding with PSR as well, (btw Dragonsword - im the dude with the yellow burton FP that rode with you for a few runs) too bad i had to leave early (had a 9 hrs drive back to good old flat land Toronto)

but yeah.. THANkS again Eric, i showed him 5 turs and right away he could point out a hand full of things i could fix on my riding style. and they WORKED!!.. now i know how to load up my tail at my toe side exit and some how that fixed my heel side turns too.

now im dying to head back out to killington. too bad it's 9 hrs away.. and all the other run SUCKED.. it was pretty a dirt trek other than that open blue run under ram's head. !!

hey is any one heading up to Tremblant next wkend ?? i am if any one wanna hook up :)

and hey Dragonsward how did i look out there? :o

Guest dragonsword5
too bad i had to leave early (had a 9 hrs drive back to good old flat land Toronto)

open blue run under ram's head. !!

and hey Dragonsward how did i look out there? :o

To bad your friends didn't let you have one more run. That must have been torture :p

That one trail was awesome and there wasn't that many people on it at the end of the day. It was awesome.

I didn't think you looked to bad but I'm not really one to ask since I'm still a beginner :p You were really fast though. That trail had a lot of ice on it at one point. BOOM! :)

I noticed the increase at K too. I probably saw more carvers already than all last year. Any I saw were really doing well, and a couple guys gave me some pointers (my first venture with an actual carving board). If you saw one carver consistently (and painfully) blowing out his toesides, it was me! Started doing a little better on Monday when I could focus on riding instead of people.... until the snow started piling up and I traded for surfing softies again!

My biggest complaints about K are the crowds and the all too frequent crossing trails. Terrain and snow is good, but with all the crossing trails, it's hard to get a nice flow going.

________

Montana medical marijuana

Guest dragonsword5
My biggest complaints about K are the crowds and the all too frequent crossing trails. Terrain and snow is good, but with all the crossing trails, it's hard to get a nice flow going.

When I was there I went on Ram's Head the entire afternoon. There was like NOONE there in the afternoon. It was a great afternoon. I hope I can have another day like :1luvu: