Note to New Members ×

lift ticket prices

Gleb

Southern VT ticket prices for a one-day, adult, weekend, all-day ticket.

Stratton - $72

Okemo - $69

Killington - $69

Mt. Snow - $69

Bromley - $59

Ascutney $56

Pico - $49

Magic - $49 (opening Dec 17)

Many of these mountains offer deeply discounted tickets to member clubs of the Connecticut Ski Council. If you live in or near CT, check them out. My membership in Mt. Laurel Skiers

saves me a LOT at Okemo. In addition, the Council has a number of Council Awareness Days that offer even more significant discounts at ski areas throughout New England on specific days. To enjoy these, you have to produce a valid membership card in one of the CT clubs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I guess the $529 I paid for the Sunapee/Okemo/Stratton season pass (with the big 14 block out days) isnt all that bad. Sunapee had three from the top last Sunday and it was pretty good snow. Hope to hit Okemo this Sunday and Stratton next Friday.

Its only a small hill here in the midwest, but I paid $200 for my season pass by finding a buddy who never had one and having him buy one too. Its their way of getting new people to the hill. Regular rate is $40 a day all the time, any day. Keep in mind though that Tyrol Basin only has like 400 vertical feet.

My favorite deal is thew 4-pass to Copper. I go there every year. You can get a 4-day ticket for $69. Its only available until November though. Nice thing is it doesn't have to be consecutive days and it has no blackout dates.

pat, Ascutney rocked when they did Jeep Day a few years back and it was free if you drove a jeep

WillyWhit and MikeT - Ascutney is a nice mountain. I wasn't in the sport a dozen years ago (took a 34 year layoff from 1962-1996) but I know Ascutney has done some serious expansion. They have a high speed detachable quad to the summit and their slogan is "A Mountain on the Rise!" I did a Mountain Dew Race there a couple of years ago and liked it.

BTW, there is a Mountain Dew race at Okemo this Saturday. Check it out. I'll be entered as both a skier and boarder. An added benefit is that I get two bibs and double the chances in the raffle.

In New Mexico:

Ski Santa Fe is $700 for the season. It's also good at Sandia Peak Ski Area as both resorts are owned by the same person.

Angel Fire is $399 for a season pass. You can also get a Sunday season pass for $99 with no blackout dates. Since I'm a weekend rider I just buy the Sunday pass...

Other resorts here are pretty compareable. Around $350-500 for a season. Santa Fe is definately higher than the others...

Colorado season passes are so cheap! Wish I lived closer! It's almost cheaper to buy the season passes than the 1 day lift tickets!

I paid $69 at Breckenridge this past weekend for one day! Ouch!

I heard that colorodo residence pay ridiculously low prices for their mountains. Its pretty much worth moving out there just to ski. I actually might wanna do that after i graduate from college....in 6 years :-\

Well, Vail and other destination ski resorts have the luxury of a steady stream of tourists willing to pay big bucks for 5-day passes. They subsidize the locals' cheap season passes. Heck, works for me.

do it, man. you really truly only live once, and I can tell you from experience at some point you will regret not having done the things that called your heart

its either out west or to alaska. The only downside is that I would barely see any family for three or so years. But i can't even imagine skiing/riding alaska

:drools:

its either out west or to alaska. The only downside is that I would barely see any family for three or so years. But i can't even imagine skiing/riding alaska

:drools:

I'll speak on the not seeing family thing as my time in the Navy has given me a unique perspective. 17 years ago I joined the Navy...I have been home 5 Xmas's (including this one), 1 Thanksgiving, 2 weddings, twice on my own birthday and once on my mothers. Now unlike some I do like my family but the job took me to places I would never seen (boarded the Olympic DH at Nagano for instance) had I stayed at home. However after 17 years it was time for me to come home; I actually miss east coast snow (I know that sounds strange). Leaving home gives you a different view and your attitudes about things change when you don't have the "safety net" of family and friends nearby to fall back on when things get tough. there are parts about everyplace I have lived that I will miss (recently it has been the lack of green tea in a 2Liter bottle) but in general that has made my recent return home all the sweeter. Your future career will allow you a freedom of employment (locations) that will allow you to live anyplace you want. It would be foolish not to exploit that freedom and see as much of this country (or the world) and you can.

I'll speak on the not seeing family thing as my time in the Navy has given me a unique perspective. 17 years ago I joined the Navy...I have been home 5 Xmas's (including this one), 1 Thanksgiving, 2 weddings, twice on my own birthday and once on my mothers. Now unlike some I do like my family but the job took me to places I would never seen (boarded the Olympic DH at Nagano for instance) had I stayed at home. However after 17 years it was time for me to come home; I actually miss east coast snow (I know that sounds strange). Leaving home gives you a different view and your attitudes about things change when you don't have the "safety net" of family and friends nearby to fall back on when things get tough. there are parts about everyplace I have lived that I will miss (recently it has been the lack of green tea in a 2Liter bottle) but in general that has made my recent return home all the sweeter. Your future career will allow you a freedom of employment (locations) that will allow you to live anyplace you want. It would be foolish not to exploit that freedom and see as much of this country (or the world) and you can.

first off, i'd like to say thank you for your service and sacrifices.

It has been an ever occuring thought of mine of where I want to live after college. Hopefully, I actually wont be a pharmacist. I'm planning on getting my MBA and doing something with that in combination with my PharmD. I have six years to think about what I'm going to do. I know I would not be moving to anywhere warm:)

Lastly, sorry for high jacketing my own thread. So yeah....lift ticket prices are out of control:D

Screw the lift ticket thread!

Gleb, if your family cares they will understand your need to go. I left immediately after "college" for Colorado and it was one of the best things I could have done for myself. I've since moved back East but with the experience of living in the Rockies.

As others have said your visits home will be all the better - slaughter of the fattened lamb - wine, women and song and all that fun stuff.

DO IT!!!

Screw the lift ticket thread!

Gleb, if your family cares they will understand your need to go. I left immediately after "college" for Colorado and it was one of the best things I could have done for myself. I've since moved back East but with the experience of living in the Rockies.

As others have said your visits home will be all the better - slaughter of the fattened lamb - wine, women and song and all that fun stuff.

DO IT!!!

LOL! all i need is a girl who is crazy about skiing and snowboarding as i am. wont be too hard though.:biggthump

if you don't like crowds head north to AK. I miss it everyday. And if you're going to be a pharmacist you'll actually be able to make a living. The downside to no crowds at Alyeska is no money for instructors. I make a lot more money in Breck but nothing in the lower 48 can even compare to Alyeska, not to mention the backcountry options.

if you don't like crowds head north to AK. I miss it everyday. And if you're going to be a pharmacist you'll actually be able to make a living. The downside to no crowds at Alyeska is no money for instructors. I make a lot more money in Breck but nothing in the lower 48 can even compare to Alyeska, not to mention the backcountry options.

Well my sister got a job offer for about $500,000 a year in alaska with a 3 year contract. Its tough though, and gets boring and old fast. But for half a mil, i think i can manage it. Skiing/riding anytime i'm not working is something i can get used to.:o

for that kind of money i think i could deal with being bored for a few years, save some bucks and then not worry about what i did other than ride, as long as it's not in the interior in AK-it's super cold and flat. gotta stick with southcentral and the chugach. Just a warning on AK-once you're there it never lets you go even after you leave.

Hell, at those kind of prices, it's worth trekking over here.

Praz sur Arly, 19.50€ / day

Praz/Flumet/ND de Bellecombe/Les Saisies/Crest Voland, 25.50€ / day (about 200km of pistes)

Megeve/Combloux/Cordon/La Giettaz, 39€ / day or thereabouts (400 km of pistes)

That's full season prices by the day, loads cheaper offpeak or by the week

Apart from Megeve, they are quiet stations, too, loads of room to play. And if you stay in one of the quieter / less known resorts, you get cheaper accomodation too

Season starts in a week. Get those tickets booked.

Simon

season passes at vail are by no means cheap

the summit county ones are stupid cheap though. $350ish for Breck, Keystone, A-Basin?

wow

359 for the aforementioned, plus you get 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek :biggthump ,242 for my loveland pass, and my 4 day aspen classic pass for 139. we like how tourism subsidises our riding!!

Hell, at those kind of prices, it's worth trekking over here.

Praz sur Arly, 19.50€ / day

Praz/Flumet/ND de Bellecombe/Les Saisies/Crest Voland, 25.50€ / day (about 200km of pistes)

Megeve/Combloux/Cordon/La Giettaz, 39€ / day or thereabouts (400 km of pistes)

That's full season prices by the day, loads cheaper offpeak or by the week

Apart from Megeve, they are quiet stations, too, loads of room to play. And if you stay in one of the quieter / less known resorts, you get cheaper accomodation too

Season starts in a week. Get those tickets booked.

Simon

Simon

how hard would it be to pick up and move to one of these areas for the season? Im not a huge traveler and might need to force myself to do so...getting out of america might be good for me