Note to New Members ×

recomendations for bindings

scotts.Scheinman

Mark Anderson has a pair of bindings (F2 proflex?) in the classifieds that may be perfect for you. Both the options you've chosen are fairly stiff compared to everything else out there, especially at your weight. If however you are set on one of those choices, go with the TD w/ the softest e-rings.

Scott,

You already has 413 boots? The perfect match at your weight would be the Deeluxe/Raichle X Bone Bindings. $99 at the Bomber store right now.

I have a pair of X-Bones and ride them with my 413's (Thermoflex liners) and Intec heels. I use this setup for freecarving on my Maverick, 4807 and Prior 4x4.

Great bindings for a first pair. You can always buy TD's or Cateks later in the season.

Hugh

search function will yield more discussion than youd probably ever need.

not that many people have ridden the OS2 yet, so there wont be much if any info.

here's my take:

at your weight you dont need either, but if youre convinced you want them, and have the cash, buy bombers.

go to catek site and youll be told the same thing, only "buy catek"

theyre both damn good!

search function will yield more discussion than youd probably ever need.

not that many people have ridden the OS2 yet, so there wont be much if any info.

here's my take:

at your weight you dont need either, but if youre convinced you want them, and have the cash, buy bombers.

go to catek site and youll be told the same thing, only "buy catek"

theyre both damn good!

I'll break the mold a bit...though I agree with D-Sub, at your weight you definatly don't NEED Bombers or Catek's. However as an OS1 ridder I will say if you absolutely have to have one or the other buy Bombers, at 180 I can barely flex the OS1's :eek:

I'll break the mold a bit...though I agree with D-Sub, at your weight you definatly don't NEED Bombers or Catek's. However as an OS1 ridder I will say if you absolutely have to have one or the other buy Bombers, at 180 I can barely flex the OS1's :eek:

gecko...are you on the short plate? supposed to be more forgiving

gecko...are you on the short plate? supposed to be more forgiving

No Long plate but there isn't that much of a difference...especially for a 105lbs rider; hell 413's would be fine unless you want to race and even then with either Cateks or Bombers the flex 413's would give you the needed flex that the bindings won't give you

also the xbones are step in and thats somthing i vowed to myself i would never do again.

OK coming from a softboot background I can understand you I rode Clickers and while they were convenient the feel was never quite what I got out of strap bindings...that said I was also probably expecting too much from them using them on an older Alpine-ish board. They might get bolted to stiff popsicle style board in a year or so. However stepin's for hardboots are a completely different animal...personally I'm not a bag fan however I am starting to think like a convert...there are times when I have seriously contemplated switching my rear binding to stepin. The ease of steping in at the top of the lift has all but convinced me to check the Catek factory after thanksgiving for one binding's worth of parts ;)

also the xbones are step in and thats somthing i vowed to myself i would never do again.

why?

and..just so you know, I believe the xbone comes in standard, too. maybe just not at bomber.

you know whats a SUPER solid binding, almost on par with bomber and catek (well...)

F2 Titanium or Titanflex. Intec or no, these are damn fine bindings. In fact, next to bomber and catek I would vote F2 as the best binding out there. I had some intec titaniums and they were SOLID as heck, with all the key components being metal. The intec receiver was stainless and I believe teflon coated. Its not surprise bomber will be the US distro for F2 once all the legal BS has been sorted

Thats a great recomentation. The only reason i would never go back to step ins is because on a pow day my back foot kept poping out and i hurt my leg and sides.

you definitely need to make sure the heel and heel receiver are 100% clear of snow before stepping in, but...heel on the sole and toe pads would be an issue with bail bindings, too!

anyway...bomber, catek, F2 titanium...all damn fine bindings!

I have, but not...well...correctly. I bought a pair from Ray last year, and as it turns out there are two sizes...I got the smaller size without (either of us) knowing, and even at mondo 27 I couldnt adjust them enough to get get my front foot toward the toe edge enough. never felt centered

I was bummed, tell the truth. the construction is solid as heck, and like I said the intec heel piece is a great feature (no matter to you)

only downside is that in order to change the cant and lift you have to remove the heel and toe-block and play with shims, but once you set this its not big deal.

I love my F2 Race Titaniums. 150lbs. and I love the combination of power and flex. That said, if I ever gather together enough clams for a Swoard, I'll probably get some yellow e-ring TD2 standards to go with it. :D

At 105lbs, the F2s would *definitly* be a solid choice for you. I know you can get them from yyzcanuck.com. Look around. I was able to pickup mine for $150 on the classifieds here, but I don't see F2 bindings for sale here too often.

Do you guys know of anywhere you can get the F2s in NA other than yyz? With only ~$50 cheaper, you might as well just go for the TD2 if you can find any on the cheap...

Okay. the one problem is that no one in the chicago land area, vail, and brek even though bomber is in silverthorne and i had to catch a flight back so i dindt have any time. no place has anything hardbooted related. Andmy favoreite ski shop can get TD2's only on special order which doesnt make any sense becase i can order them direct. and besids yzz is canada , and the shipping would be outrageous .

I'm a big fan of F2 bindings especially versus cateks. With cateks, the front toe piece does not have a stop point so if you don't patiently put your foot into the toes piece and then heel - you can have some misteps (at least I did). This is especially troublesome on powder days when you may not have a solid base to work on.

F2's are solid - I weigh 200 pounds and I have not had any problems using them over the past five years. I have four pairs and set-up takes some mechanical know how but all of them have their quirks - that's the fun of it!!

I did break a set of carbon X-bones and it took me close to four months to get the replacment part. I let me wife use those now since her 120 weight won't be an issue with them.

I agree with everyone else who wrote in regards to all bindings being acceptable based on your weight. Every pair has some time that needs to be spent on set-up, but once dialed in - your done.

Well, I know bomber will be a distro, but was thinking more in the terms of now. (Thought Linux when I saw "distro" lol. I'm a IT-Procurement dude parttime at the uni. We use vendor for vendors, distros for Linux).

Scheinman, shipping to and from Canada isn't that expensive. I think it cost ~$10USD to get in a binding sized package from Canada once. It wasn't expedited or anything though.

If you have more than one board, get a set of each.

If you have to choose, toss a coin. :)

Cateks are slightly easier to adjust in the field (no extra parts, just turn screws). With Bombers there's the 0/3/6-degree bases to choose from... but also the different elastomers to choose from.