Note to New Members ×

Mid to late January Carve Session in Sun Valley.

carvedog

Jerry

Sorry we didn't meet up but powder rules were in effect. I get to the lifts just a little after 9:00. I have to take the kids to school first so I leave Hailey at about 8:15 and get caught in the east fork jam.I'll try to hook up on thur.am. If I'm a little late I'll look for you on warm springs.

Chris

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The carve is on. Cold and clear out this morning with weather supposed to be closing in a little in the afternoon. 9 degree at River Run 14 on top.

Warm Springs and Greyhawk :biggthump groomed top to bottom. Broadway top to bottom. and the cherry on the cake Olympic Ridge and Lower Olympic.

I am trying to get the video guy for today since the weather is so nice at present.

email me for cell number. I will leave the house before 8. Looking to be on the chair at 9 at River Run. Back at the top at 9:30, or at the least that is the plan.

Jerry

who showed up on Thursday. It was awesome to see a group of carvers out rippin it up. Now I just have to figure out WTC and the SES. Today was really good too. Steve is trying to get the video to me so I can edit it while i am trapped in a hotel in Sin City. 14 minutes of footage.

I think I want to have another two day deal later in February or early march.

Snowing pretty good now all afternoon and early evening.

Jerry

KT, or others in the Boise area,

Bummed I missed carving at SV last week. Had great carving trying to keep up with Tombo the week before.

I'm just getting the hang of my Skwal, but am always looking for someone to carve with.

Are you going up to Bogus tonight (Friday 27th) or tomorrow (Saturday, 28th)? If so, send me an email at bob_roehl@hotmail.com

Cheers,

B

I think I will try to plan a couple more days here on Baldy for late February. Havn't got the video yet, but it should be fun once we get it.

Snowing like mad here this morning. a couple inches already since 5. 4-5 on Saturday night with bluebird yesterday morning.

Not the best for hard carve conditions but it is so nice to see the snow.

Anyone trying to make any of the WTC days. I am shooting to make Snowbasin if I can. If it keeps snowing then it is the Frontier instead of the Burner.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

The carving is epic right now. It seems a shame to complain about soft snow but when we did our carving here (just got the video back and will try to put up some clips once I figure out Final Cut a little more) it was a little soft for me. Perfect right now. Purrrfect. :biggthump

So your timing is good. Of course next week with President's hoo haw going on will be busier. Oh well. Glad you are healing. I am already booked for several days next week but I look forward to destroying some runs with you.

• 2 months later...

The last two days have been epic here for carving. Especially the top half of the mountain. Get thee to the mountain if you haven't been.

To the crew who showed for minicarvefest I have some video that I am trying to edit. New software....blah, blah. Havn't managed it yet.

Will come soon I promise.

Best to all Happy Spring (Winter)

• 7 months later...

Greg McFadden, who is a plein air watercolorist, will be having an opening and reception at my gallery in Ketchum on Friday December 8th. He will be showing several limited edition pieces and originals of the Middle Fork, Main Salmon and Grand Canyon.

He still guides and paints on all his trips whenever he gets a break from guiding duties.

This is his website.

http://www.riverpainter.com/

This is mine. Use the google map feature on the front page to find us at 471

Leadville in

Ketchum.

http://www.saddletreegallery.com/

We will also be showing photo work by myself, Matt Leidecker and John

Blaustein.

Now for the good bits. We are planning to have 6-8 dutch ovens of goodies,

mostly

appies, some foccaccia and at least one dessert.

ANNNNNDDDDD. A case of wine, river margaritas and some good beer.

If you can make it, we would love to see you drop by and help us consume our

river style

treats and beverages.

Thanks,

Jerry

jerry@...

P 208-726-3834

F 208-726-7669

C 208-720-2383

Toll Free

888-540-8053

Saddletree Gallery

Art • Framing • Photography

Box 2910 • 471 Leadville Ave N.

Ketchum, ID 83340

• 1 year later...

Cross post from a new thread. To those of you who are interested in SV carving. Would love to plan another weekend get together or something this year as well. I just don't have a grasp of a schedule yet.

Ever wanted to be immortalized on the web. Here is your chance.

My buddy Steve ( who shot some great video of us last year that I still can't figure out how to edit - but that is my bad not his) is shooting video for SV Mtn website on a regular basis. He wants to do some more hardbooting video soon after New Years and he asked me to get a couple of other guys too as I sure they more than my fat butt in there.

Let me know. I am shooting for Jan 2nd or 3rd. Or Jan 8 or 9 depending on my teaching schedule.

Jerry, Ill be over from the 6th to the 13th or 14th, hope to see the tour while we are there. Need to set a day (or two as I usually get two kid free adult days to ride while there) aside for sure. Ill buy the beer. Jeff, do you care to kick my arse all over the mountain again?

Hey Mike

Glad you're getting out. Kind of scary crowded at times isn't it. At least for us. A normal CA day perhaps. As soon as i have a day picked out I will let you know.

Art,

It's called SUN Valley. It's so sunny here that even when it snows it's sunny as it was all yesterday morning while it snowed an inch or so. Weird but I love it.

We have been getting regular snow just not major amounts. I have been on Dollar all week but have a full day private on Baldy today, so will be more up to date on conditions there shortly.