Note to New Members ×

New Burton hard boot for 2006 season

Guest nic

• 5 weeks later...

Some more information on the Burton hardboots.

"We're hoping to have bindings available in the next month, just waiting on production to be completed. Sample boots should be done in time for ISPO and production next summer."

Some more information on the Burton hardboots.

"We're hoping to have bindings available in the next month, just waiting on production to be completed. Sample boots should be done in time for ISPO and production next summer."

Is this a quote from Burton. Is someone yanking my chain. I need some info - anything about where this came from Xray.

Thanks,

Jerry

I thought that Burton sold off all the moulds for their alpine boots and bindings. Considering that even a resurrected alpine program would contribute squat to their bottom line (probably detract from it), I find it hard to believe that Burton would tool up for alpine gear. The ROI would give their accountants seizures. Unless it's a personal project of Jake's or some sort of Olympic tie-in. If it's the Olympics, it's a bit too late for Torino.

i seriuosly doubt burton will be getting into alpine again anytime soon. they couldn't have made any money the first time. hell, i got my ice boos for like 80% off at wave rave. the guy didn't know what he had!! he was like, "well i dont know why we have ski boots. and why burton makes them." with out skipping a beat i said, " ok, well i'll give you 60 bucks for em." "ok" he said, "i don't know what im gonna do with them." haha idiot.

:flamethro

i seriuosly doubt burton will be getting into alpine again anytime soon. they couldn't have made any money the first time. hell, i got my ice boos for like 80% off at wave rave.

If your talking about Wave Rave at Mammoth they used to sell and demo hard gear. We got our Reactors the first year they came out there.

Daneille

doesn't mean that the park rat that was working on that day knew what Burton Ice boots were. Even in stores that sell alpine gear there is usually only one MAYBE two folks who know Alpine gear. I've discovered this same issue with skateboard gear, stuff like risers, bearing spacers and speed rings not to mention adult sized skateboards. On a Wave Rave side note I just retired the "WaveRave" spring gloves that I bought 14 years ago

wave rave is a shop that has been around for a LONG time, definitely carried alpine gear (as did stormriders) not some trendy freestyle shop
nitrosmall.jpg

My first carve board was a Nitro Scorpion. I bought it at Stormriders. They haven't had anything like that in a long time

Daneille

doesn't mean that the park rat that was working on that day knew what Burton Ice boots were.

of course not, but it doesnt make him an idiot either.

Daneille...I know..its been quite some time. I was at WR two summers ago, passing through to your area for a wedding in Tahoe...stopped in, bought some Burton Mitts for a great price, and asked if they had ANY alpine gear. They didnt.

they DID have a Glissade 195...I almost bought the damn thing cuz Ive always wanted one!

of course not, but it doesnt make him an idiot either.

they DID have a Glissade 195...I almost bought the damn thing cuz Ive always wanted one!

some would argue that the definition of park rat is just that but I'm not going there.

oooooo...Glissade 195...drool drool that board has been on my I want list for a few years now

Nitro Scorpion, I had that one too, way ahead of its time.... I believe Thedo Remmelink was involved in that one.

Anyway, back to the "Burton" hardboots. As far as I know it won't be under the Burton name. No more alpine for Burton. Frankly I don't give a @#$! what the name it will carry will be as long as it's the same or as promised improved....

As soon as I have more information I'll let you know!

some would argue that the definition of park rat is just that but I'm not going there.

oooooo...Glissade 195...drool drool that board has been on my I want list for a few years now

yeah we'll just leave it at that. Ive not known that many "park rats" as Ive always hung out with all around riders.

remember when Glissade did the "connoiseur" boards? with the little gnome on the bottom holding the big ol' bud?

I wanted one SO bad...so when I saw the 195...but it was a TANK, man! looked to be like 26.5 wide...felt heavy...but Ill bet it would float ya in the deepest of deep! seemed quite well built, too

shoot...yeah..sorry...xray is right. totally OT.

so if theyre teaming up with Head...its got to be a great boot! Personally I think that if Head listened to a few of the criticisms, and had a line of say three or four boots maybe same general shape with different features and plastic stiffness and a GOOD spring system they could easily compete with deeluxe

the burton boots would be the best thing going, overall they were a super solid boot.

if they had a better liner, more travel in the forward flex before the spring bottomed out and a better implementation of the idea behind the little plastic tabs that were supposed to make be able to adjust the side flex they would be my boot of choice.

the old burton stuff compared to the current UPZ and the Deluxe stuff they have the least amount of annoying quirks in my opinion, and if you want a boot that is stiff side to side it is much stiffer than either of those I mentioned above.

and calling him an idiot...well...I hope youre not that disrespectful in person.

wave rave is a shop that has been around for a LONG time, definitely carried alpine gear (as did stormriders) not some trendy freestyle shop

of course not. but hey know your gear. i dont ride soft stuff but i know it well enough.

the burton boots would be the best thing going, overall they were a super solid boot.

if they had a better liner, more travel in the forward flex before the spring bottomed out and a better implementation of the idea behind the little plastic tabs that were supposed to make be able to adjust the side flex they would be my boot of choice.

you can switch out the liners for the thermo flex liner sold on this site and you will see a termendous improvement over the old. as for the flex adustments, eh, your right.

of course not. but hey know your gear.

I dont expect ANY shop these days to "know" alpine gear

in fact...if he "knew" his gear the shop would have wanted $250 or more for those boots, so the fact that they didnt KNOW (or perhaps did and just wanted them out of there) worked very much in your favor :)

I dont expect ANY shop these days to "know" alpine gear

in fact...if he "knew" his gear the shop would have wanted $250 or more for those boots, so the fact that they didnt KNOW (or perhaps did and just wanted them out of there) worked very much in your favor :)

heck yes it work out in my favor, thats my point one persons ignorence is anothers gain. (not to call the guy ignorant, i mean his ignorance to alpine gear)

;) :D

Yep, I bought my Nitro Epic (the last asym I rode) at Stormriders on employee discount...ah yes, those were the days :-)

Nitro Scorpion was the sym range and yep Jerry Ring and Redolink were the riders behind it from what I remember... Danielle, don't know if you noticed, but I am still riding a scorpion now! 163 the 4 hole version.... ah yes, a classic board indeed.

Now that I got some nice new bindings which I can set flat flat, less than $100 delivered on the bay of E, the nitro might see less time, and the oxygen might come to the captains table.

I have some thermos in my raichles but the thermoflex liner does not cut it in that boot in fact the boots tend to cut the thermoflex liners among other things.

for that boot the best thing I could find was a zip-fit but there are many ski boot liners that I think would work fine, the main thing is the top of the cuff has a pressure point that deeluxe and UPZ boots don't

I too am wondering where this info is coming from, from what I can see is that the only market that seems strong enough to have incentive for a large company to jump in is Japan maybe, judging from some of the japanese sites I see and what not.

"a better implementation of the idea behind the little plastic tabs that were supposed to make be able to adjust the side flex they would be my boot of choice"

what little plastic tabs?? i just ripped apart an old pair for parts (still working on it freddy, gah!!! sledge hammers must be used or something), and um, the cuff cant mechanism is solid. it believe that it simply is far superior to what deeluxe is using for theirs (then again i rock 423's and they aren't the spiffiest).

all metal cuff cant pieces?