Note to New Members ×

Lodging Share for SES Aspen Feb 11-17th

Michelle

I'm looking to get together some people for house sharing. I geusstimate that for about $100/nt/bed a ski-in/ski-out place in snowmass would be possible. That is more than the St. Moritz hostel room but less than anything else I have been able to find.

If anybody is interested please contact me here; jimcheen@aol.com

Thanks

Jim C.

I once stayed at the st.moritz dorm room and for 4 people in a room it is quite tight with little or no storage for clothes-probably more comfortable for a little more $$ for more room

Check Orbitz a couple of times a week and you may get lucky?. We booked a mini van in April for Feb and the base rate was $280. In late August I shopped again and Advantage (http://www.arac.com/) was offering a mini-van for a base rate of $175 wk/unlmtd mileage. I noticed the $175 offer only lasted a few days. Checked today and the "base" rate was $610. If you luck onto an affordable rate then book it as car rentals can be cancelled in advance without a charge but in most cases they will not protect a cheap rate if you want to change your date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking to send out the feelers to see if there is any budget lodging available, perhaps on a floor or with some ofthe other hobos interested in pooling resources for a decent (cheap yeah right) place to crash. Myself and another esteemed rider from the grand state of Washington are interested. I dont snore, will do chores, am a damn good cook (when I,m sober) and dont have any bad habits that I care to reveal on this forum. Any help is appreciated. Will be there from the 13th and leave on the 18th. :o

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to find someone local to attend the SES '06 with me, but I cannot. I have rented a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo at the Stonebridge condos in Snowmass. The unit is on the other side of the main road from the Assay Hill lift and I was told it is a short walk to the bridge that crosses over the road.

I have it from 2/10-2/16 (7 nights). I only need one of the bedrooms and am looking to share the space with 1-3 other people. The rental agent could not tell me the exact bed layout but I have requested a unit with as many beds as possible. Usually these units come with 2 queen beds and a foldout.

The cost would be $120/nt. If 2 people share it would be $60 a person.Any # of nights out of the 7 is fine.

If anyone is interested please contact me at jimcheen@aol.com.

Thanks

JC

Looking for shared lodging for Tues - Friday nights of SES, the 14th - 17th. I could probably add Monday the 13th if it helps. Otherwise, I'll just make a reservation at the St. Moritz. If nothing else, does anyone want to split a private hostel room?

Yo MikeT and Mario (and anybody else for that matter):

I'll be driving up Tuesday evening so I will also need a room Tuesday-Friday night. I plan on driving back Saturday sometime.

Think we could upgrade to something a little bigger with three people (and possibly a fourth)?

Don't know if it helps having a car there but since I'm driving I'll have room for 3 + boards or 4 people w/o boards if needed. My RSX is not comfortable by any means but it gets the job done...

Let me know what you think?

I'll be driving up Tuesday evening so I will also need a room Tuesday-Friday night. I plan on driving back Saturday sometime.

Think we could upgrade to something a little bigger with three people (and possibly a fourth)?

Don't know if it helps having a car there but since I'm driving I'll have room for 3 + boards or 4 people w/o boards if needed. My RSX is not comfortable by any means but it gets the job done...

I'm already in a hostel room at the St. Moritz. Had to put money down to get the reservation - doesn't make sense for me to back out.

I also am at the st. moritz, wed thru fri, so you might want to try it. can't beat 46 bucks a night. :biggthump

Bomber has rented a house in Aspen for the SES, and we have rooms available. If you are interested, please email to me (please don't call, I am taking emails in the order they come in). The house is on the golf course in Aspen, NO SMOKING, 7 BD house, great ammenities. it's a nice place! It will fill fast, so email me ASAP. See you there!

Guest JoeyGirl_33

I'm a local and am looking to get lodging (sofa bed will do) in exchange for a roundtrip ride from DIA/Aspen.

Planning to head to Aspen either Tues. (PM) or Wed. (REALLY early AM) and heading back either Fri PM or Sat. AM - I'm pretty flexible and happy to work out details based on your flight arrival/departure.

So here's the offer - I'll pick you up/drop you (up to 3 people w/equipment) off @ DIA and take you to Aspen in exchange for accommodation for 3-4 nights. I have a condo in Keystone (halfway between Aspen/DIA) that you could stay at **free** if you're interested in riding Summit county / Vail Sat or Sun. **

email me at: joey.michlmayr@amd.com

Ok, I crashed yesterday and it's bad enough that I cant make the session this year. Majorly bummed. So I canceled my reservation at the Snow Queen Lodge on Cooper st. Aspen so it is available from Friday night (10th) until Wednesday night (15th) at least.

The room is the Miners Home room on the main floor and here is the description from the owner "Queen Bed with Private Bath, TV and phone. This is our economy room and is great for skiers on a budget. All rooms share an outdoor hot tub with view of Aspen Mtn. Enjoy the downtown, it is a short 2 block walk and take advantage of the immediate access to Aspen Mountain! "

Goes for $149 a night....Gotta love staying at the Snow Queen...will definately miss this trip.:mad: Contact Jeff Gauvin (manager) at 970-274-6377 or Norma Dolle (owner) at either 970-925-8455 or 970-704-1941 if you need a room.

Hi Everyone

If you have not yet ordered your tickets you need to do so by Monday. After Monday Jan 30th, I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS!!!!!!!

AFTER JANUARY 30TH, 2006 I WILL TAKE NO MORE ORDERS FOR LIFT TICKETS FOR THE SES 2006 IN ASPEN!!!

If you have questions, email me. See all of you in a few weeks!:biggthump

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest Pepe Le Pew

Guys, for those of you making plans at the last minute, I cancelled a reservation at that place yesterday.

They still have room. Prices are reasonable ($100 for room with kitchenette).

It's not fancy but it's clean. I stayed there for the last couple events.

I've seen other SES folks last year too.

Tell them I sent you (I'll feel less bad for cancelling 1 week before).

Eric