Note to New Members ×

ESES -> SNES 2006 Official Thread

nekdut

Yo Neil,

I will be heading up for Saturday and Sunday. Might be interested in a Saturday/Sunday ticket deal if it is available.

Also have a few small carving related items that I could offer for the raffle on Saturday. Let me know!

Will give you a call at work on Wednesday.

Tom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The conditions up here look to be improving (for carving that is, its as good as it gets for pow today :eplus2: ). Its bright, sunny, and slightly warm today, so it should firm up things a bit for tomorrow.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Southwest wind 22 mph. High 39.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Southwest wind 26 mph. High 31.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of snow. Snow accumulation 1 inch. Probability of measurable precipitation 40 percent. High 42.

Head on up! I'll see you guys tomorrow!

According to the Mammoth website, the top did not get opened on Thursday. Neil, is that info correct?

If that's true, then Friday could be another great pow day, assuming the top gets opened. And it could also be hero snow for carving on Friday.

So do I pull out the carving board or the O-Sin for Friday?

Ahhh, screw carving. I'm breaking out the O-Sin and going to the top for some deep pow! Then jump on the carving board after all the powder gets tracked out by 10:00.

Erwin,

I believe that was the case today. They had a LOT of snow to move all over the mountain. They are having to dig out entire chairlines, as people can reach the chairs from the snow!! I did not ride today, as I had a too many things to prepair for this weekend.

All: Even if you are not interested in demoing any boards, please stop by the demo tent and leave your name for the raffle. The prizes are nowhere as cool as what was given out at SES or ECES, but its something at least :biggthump

All,

Sorry for the double post, but I needed this to have some visibility.

Mammoth decided to NOT allow the demo tent today at Chair 2 because their Sales and Marketing people did not speak with each other to communicate the fact that SNES was happening this weekend. Therefore, for today, April 7th, demos can be found out of my car (Silver Subaru Legacy GT) by Chair 2.

The demo tent will be available at June Mountain both tomorrow, Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th. No demos at Mammoth on Sunday. Carl, the GM at June has no problems with us having demos up there and the tent should be located near the catwalk between the chalet and the ski patrol building.

I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for your understanding.

It was great digging trenches with you guys at June Mtn on Saturday. Enjoyed riding once again with the Mt. Rose crew and it was fun to meet some new faces; Erwin, Jay, Gary & Tom, and a few others whose names I didn't catch. The only regret is that I didn't get to meet more carvers but I think people were pretty spread out around the mountain. Thanks to those who contributed the hard work to hold the event, looking forward to the 2nd annual SNES in '07. Rob

Want to say THANK YOU to Neil and Jackie for organizing SNES!! Had a lot of fun!

It was very cool to see so many riders who share the same stoke (or addiction?) for alpine snowboarding. Had a great time meeting everyone and finally being able put some faces to the BOL member names.

From my mental notes there were about 15 people at June over Saturday and Sunday.

From Reno/Tahoe area - James, Gary H, Rob, Paul, Randy and Russell

From So Cal - Neil, Jackie, Gary, Erwin, Jake, Jay, Tim, Glen, myself and another rider from Valencia (sorry I didn't catch your name).

Thanks again Neil!! Looking forward to next year!

Tom

...it was fun to meet some new faces; ..Ray & spouse,

I think Rob means Jay (his fellow Swoard rider) and girlfriend.

I had a great time at SNES. The cameraderie between all the riders was awesome, the weather was great, snow conditions was fun and carvable. I even had fun on the early morning boiler plate when I was demoing the Madd 158.

Thanks again to Neil and Jackie for putting the event together :biggthump

Erwin

Thanks to Neil and Jackie for putting on the first SNES. Also thanks to the sponsors who sent product for demos including Donek, Madd and Catek. REALLY COOOOOL !.

Cya,

Tim

PS: To Mammoth June, that was as "boilerplate" as I have ever seen it get... especially at around 3:30 sun when the temps dropped , freezing the previously wet snow. It was like ice skating down Rosa Mae :)

I wasn't down at Mammoth (damn you, lack of direct highways!), but there was boilerplate up in Tahoe, too. Haven't seen that in quite a while over here. Looked like grooming machine when it was slush, and frozen overnight = concrete corduroy. Awful stuff. Made me wish I had that Madd I was demoing at the SES...

I wasn't down at Mammoth (damn you, lack of direct highways!), but there was boilerplate up in Tahoe, too. Haven't seen that in quite a while over here. Looked like grooming machine when it was slush, and frozen overnight = concrete corduroy. Awful stuff. Made me wish I had that Madd I was demoing at the SES...

Neil now has some pull with the grooming crew over at June. On Saturday, the grooming on Deer Bowl (blue/black run) was horrendous. Afterwards Neil talked to the head of the grooming crew. They promised better grooming for the SNES crew for Sunday and they delivered. The groomers hit Deer Bowl and Shatz (?) last. The last of the groomers were finishing early Sunday morning. Deer Bowl and Shatz (my favorites at June) were very good early, while it was boilerplate everywhere else.

Big props to Neil and Jackie for organizing the first SNES, can't wait for next year. I had a great time and it was really good to meet and ride with everyone.

Dave, Fri. & Sat. were beautiful blue bird days, so it slushed up in the afternoon and then froze over night which made for the boiler plate in the morning.

I have a few pics to post. Nothing too great since we just had a small camera with no zoom. I can send them all to Bryan and he offered to put up a gallery on his site.

From top to bottom, left to right:

Neil (NEKDUT), Randy T, James Ong, Tom (Miltie), Russell, Gary (garyj), Paul (skisofast), James (my soft boot friend), Gary H and the infamour Donek 203.

post-831-141842217347_thumb.jpg

Wish I could have been at SNES!

It's April... no surprise to hear about boilerplate this time of year. All it takes is for the slush to set up, the top layer gets scraped off within a couple of runs and what's left underneath is smooth and hard. Happens late afternoon often here in OR this tie of year.

AM: Frozen cord

Mid day: slush

Later afternoon: Granular over boilerplate

I have a few pics to post. Nothing too great since we just had a small camera with no zoom. I can send them all to Bryan and he offered to put up a gallery on his site.

I am more than happy to host a gallery. Please send pics to webmaster@oldsnowboards.com and I will create a gallery.

Bryan