Note to New Members ×

ESES -> SNES 2006 Official Thread

nekdut

Since the other thread was mostly designed to gauge interest, I wanted to start a new official thread for the Sierra Nevada Expression Session.

To avoid confusion with SES or ECES, I'm changing the name to SNES: Sierra Nevada Expression Session. (The system was fun, so sue me :biggthump , wait on second thought, Nintendo, if you're reading, please don't!).

April 7, 8, 9, 2006

So far we have over twenty people either able to attend or interested, and we should have no problem doubling that number as the date approaches.

Donek is on board with demos. Prior is trying to coordinate their demo schedule so that they can also provide some equipment. I have a contact at Rossignol and may be able to score some freeride/freestyle gear. I am still in conversation with other alpine snowboarding manufacturers and will hopefully have some more on board as the season gets rolling. It also looks like I will be able to get some prizes to give out at a raffle, so that will most likely be happening in coordination with some sort of apres-beer thing on Saturday evening.

As far as lift tickets, we have few options, and this is where I will need your input. I know a handful of you have MVPs and will not need lift tickets, but for those who do, which sounds more appealing:

1) Mammoth Mountain on Fri, then Sat & Sun at June = $155

2) Mammoth Mountain 3 day pass = $163 (valid at both moutains, but the demos will likely be at June on Saturday)

As far as lodging goes, we can get rooms slopeside at the Mammoth Mountain Inn for $139-169 per night, as long as we have more than 10 rooms. Is anyone interested in that option?

It looks like this is coming together fairly well, and the lifts don't even start running for another 34 days :D

--------------------

Update: Virus boards should be available for demo. Still working on Prior and Madd.

I just wanted to bump this thread now that the season is in full swing. Please let me know if there are any questions!

Thanks,

Neil

:)

---------------------

Update: Donek, Madd and Virus boards should be available for demo. We do not have bindings or boots, so if any of you have extras, please bring them along. Also, please bring any boards you would be willing to put up for demo. I should have most of my quiver available.

Okay as it stands, this is the schedule:

April 7th: Mammoth Mountain. Demo tent in the parking lot at Chair 2/Stump Alley 930am-3pm.

April 8th: June Mountain. Demo tent near the base of J2 (pending approval from June Mtn) 9:30am-3pm. Apres Ski/Raffle/etc pending, but probably at Old Mammoth Grill and Bar, 5:30pm.

April 9th: Mammoth Mountain. Demo tent again in the parking lot of Chair 2 9:30am-3pm.

I would appreciate some help manning the demo tent, as well handling some of the logistical details throughout the weekend, if any of you are able to help me out.

---------------------

Catek bindings will be available for demo as well. Both the OS2 and FR1/2.

:biggthump

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they decide to sue I will be the first one to find out. My law firm reprensents them for their US based IP/patents cases. I wouldnt worry though. for it to be a true IP case. the product has to be similar to original. I dont think anybody is going to mistake boarding for an old gaming console.

Hey nekdut! I just came across an older post of yours that says your in West LA. I am as well, just thought I'd let you know :D.

Yep... well I used to live in Westwood, but now I am down in El Segundo and Torrance. Not too far away. :biggthump

Regarding the event: Anyone have any preferences or opinions on the lift ticket options?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hannonpi

Just found this post after getting an email from Sean at Donek. I have some friends heading to mammoth for that weekend. Have you guys figured out the June/Mammoth ratio? I'd love to make it, I've been out of the loop on the alpine thang for a while; living in so. cal I find it much easier to go surfing :)

thanks,

Paddy Hannon

Ahaha I wish we had all of those demos coming Tim. You already have a Virus of your own! :biggthump We do have Donek, Madd and Virus on board though, so we should have a good selection of sticks to ride.

Regarding the mountain choices, Mammoth does not offer discount two day tickets split over 3 days (ie. Fri and Sunday). I thought it would be best to do June on Saturday to avoid some of the Mammoth crowds, but it looks like we either have to do two consecutive days at June and one at Mammoth, or vice versa.

Any preferences either way?

• 2 weeks later...

Going to make plans to ride the event, June Mt. is perferred place to ride, no jumps on Gunsmoke but would be happy riding Mammoth with everybody.

Ray email heading your way, hope we get to ride together before the move. aloha

Brian

Okay as it stands, this is the schedule:

April 7th: Mammoth Mountain. Demo tent in the parking lot at Chair 2/Stump Alley.

April 8th: June Mountain. Demo tent near the base of J2 (pending approval from June Mtn). Apres Ski/Raffle/etc pending, but probably at Old Mammoth Grill and Bar, 5:30pm.

April 9th: Mammoth Mountain. Demo temp again in the parking lot of Chair 2.

I would appreciate some help manning the demo tent, as well handling some of the logistical details throughout the weekend, if any of you are able to help me out. :biggthump

Mods, could we get this thread stickied? Thanks!

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately I don't think there will be. This isn't as big a production as SES or ECES and we only have a few product sponsors. I'll bring along an extra pair of SB123s sz28, and I encourage all of you to bring along any extra pairs of boots and bindings for those who want to give alpine snowboarding a shot.

Neil

Tim,

Sorry I didn't address your earlier question regarding a photographer. No I currently do not have any one taking pictures or video for the event. I personally do not own any decent photo gear. Do you have someone in mind?

Hi Jeff,

Crowds should be manangable in April, especially since we'll be at June on Saturday. Friday and Sunday are usually decent at Mammoth since Saturday is the busy day there.

As far as tickets, we need 25 people to prepay for group rates. Can those of you interested in group tickets post here and we can try to arrange this?

Thanks! :)

Hey Neil,

Have you thought about some places to party yet?

Ray

Hi Ray,

I was thinking about having everyone meet up at the Old Mammoth Grill and Bar at around 5-530pm on Saturday, as they have a decent amount of space and a reasonable happy hour. Do you have any other suggestions? I have a box of prizes current en route from Fin and Michelle so lets hope we have a good raffle :biggthump

never been there, but, again, the bar under the alpenhof is a FUN place. Last time I was there the male:female ratio was really quite good

not that you married fellas care.

Neil...Im tryin to work it out so I can commit to tickets...