Note to New Members ×

Raceboarders.com Ebay link

Allee

I rode one just like that a few years back, the thing was like riding a door and to add to that the bindings were friggin' scary, they made burtoncarriers look like cateks.

ohh the old days that I don't miss, thank god that I came into this after inserts were the norm and board shapes were more refined, I honestly think that I would not have stuck with carving if I had ov started six or seven years earlier.

I love that ebay search!

Talk about old gear inserts etc...

Back in the day my ride was a Mistral Ecstasy 167 asym that I tolted Ride plate bindings throught the board. They looked like Burton bindings but just the metal hoop and an aluminum block with three different holes in it.

No angle adjustment at all once mounted.

But they felt so solid to the board that I trusted that to the extreme. Carved the face of Upper Greyhawk with that setup. Something I have not been able to replicate since either due to my increasing waistline, longer faster boards or something. Just thinking about the old days makes me misty sometimes. Then I pull out my 197 Burner and carve almost every where that I used to "in the day" but 15 miles an hour faster.

Jerry

whats up jerry!

jonesing for the snow to fly. getting cold over there yet? I will be over for Xmas. Maybe turkey day if things are good. :biggthump

I think age is catching up with us Jerry. I used to be able to do it no problem anytime, but last year I had problems and couldnt hold it even with better equipment. The days of saying what the f*** and tucking greyhawk are almost over. Later daddy-o