Note to New Members ×

Contemplating parting ways w/ my MK - suggested price?

jim_s

I've got a 2017 MK that I sadly think I need to part ways with. I've now had 2 significant concussions on this beast, and while I love riding it, I need to stop collecting brain injuries... I have actually moved to the beach, as water is softer to fall on than snow :-), and for the sake of my older self, I'd be better off having this thing out of my reach - it is just too damned tempting.

While the board is 7 years old, it's only seen 5 seasons of use (thanks to the concussions), and I've used it on average 5-10 sessions per season. I weigh 135 lbs, and am super protective of my board, so it is in pretty good shape.

It has F2 Titanium Race bindings (size Small) on it. (I also have various shims for the bindings.)

I also have a pair of UPZ RC10's (size 26) w/ Intuition liners (medium volume Luxury). I suspect I'd need to sell these separately, as finding a nutcase to ride the MK who happens to have the same sized feet as me seems too unlikely. :-)

What would be a fair price to expect for the board/bindings? How about the boots?

Thanks for any info!

Jim

yes, with a lower speed limit. add more coke at 3am. kinda like that. so, pretty straight forward as long as the waiver has been signed and understood. i only rode one for a few hour test session, but enjoyed it while it lasted.

5 hours ago, st_lupo said:

Out of nothing more than idle curiosity, how does it compare to a K162?  Does the MK require significantly more concentration and finesse, or is it a pretty straight forward transition from a K162 to an MK?

I haven't had the pleasure of trying a K162. I have ridden SG SL boards and own a Donek Rev 163. The MK is entirely different!

The SL boards are almost boring in comparison. Stable, damp, predictable, with a wide variety of turn shapes possible.

The MK is very responsive/active and initiates a turn HARD when you load it up appropriately. It'll do 2 turns in the space of 1 for the SL boards on mellow runs. 

I bring both for tiny Midwest hills. When I want to do many turns at lower speeds; MK. When I want to go faster; SL boards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The MK is such that despite 2 significant brain injuries on it (that have affected my daily life, my job, etc), I'd get back on it at first snow, if it was still hanging around at my house. 🤣

Literally the most fun and amazing board I've ever ridden. Will turn in an impossibly tight radius on almost any surface. You constantly have people asking what the heck you're riding, as nobody has ever seen something carve a turn like it does, turn after turn after turn after turn. (You get in a LOT of turns each run!) Pains my heart to think about getting rid of it, but it's in my best long-term brain health interest.