Note to New Members ×

Intuition Alpine vs Intuition Power Wrap liner ??

barryj

Anybody got any experience with the Alpine Liner?

All Intuition liners are on 50% Off Clearance!      Thanks Slabber!!

https://intuitionliners.com/product-category/clearance/

I've been using the Power Wraps but they are out of my size in M28 ...but they have my size in the Alpine liner.

Anybody got experience with the Alpine Liner or another Intuition Wrap style Liner I should know about??

• Like 1

I have full tilt's interpretation of the pro wrap (intuition foam, but other stuff). I like it, except full tilt's interpretation is too soft for me. I also have a very high volume foot, so the lack of moldable foam in the lowers is a benefit for me.

• Like 1

I have the pro wrap as recommended by my boot fitter .  He thought it would be a good fit for my foot and upz boots.  I am on year 4 maybe 25-30 days a year. My feet have never been more comfortable. Plus they never get cold anymore!

• Like 1

I run the Alpine liners. They're firm enough to hold my foot but don't affect boot flex very much. i.e. they'll make your boot feel softer if you have a plastic tongue in your current liner. I like that! 

• Like 1

I switched to the Alpine liners this season after riding  Deeluxe liners in my UPZs for the last 6 or so seasons.

I liked the Deeluxe for comfort and I liked the flex on them, didn't stiffen up the boots. However, I was getting about 7 days of hard riding last season before they started packing out and my toes were getting uncomfortable from my foot moving forward in the boot. I also had to start cranking the buckles tighter.

The Alpines have much better heel hold compared to the Deeluxes. I still had to use some boot fitting foam with the Deeluxes, none with the Alpines. I also ended up needing to keep the buckles loose with the Alpines, with no heel lift. At first I buckled them where I had them with the Deeluxes, and my feet were in pain. I tried loosening and loosening and was surprised that the heel hold was still there.

Same observation as Corey, they maybe added a tad more stiffness over the Deeluxes, but not much. I like my ankle flex, especially rear foot, so these suit my riding style.

I put on about 30 days this season with them and they're still good to go for next season. They did loosen a little for the better after about a week of riding. Towards the end of my season they were super comfortable.

I did need to go with a 27 in a 26.5 UPZ boot. I had initially tried a 26, but they crushed my toes after molding them, so I sized up and they were good. The molding for me increase its volume in the toe area so they felt slightly roomy until molding, even with toe caps.

• Like 1