Note to New Members ×

Plastic stock insoles should be kept or removed?

The title says it all. My Deeluxe Free69 are giving quite a lot of pain. I cooked the Palau liners once but following @Corey instructions they will be cooked again to gain some space at pressure points. Now, should those plastic insoles/footbed that come stock be removed? I have a “good” footbed I bought from Decathlon, and maybe removing this plastic thing will make some little more room. Whats the consensus? Let me illustrate…

IMG_1720.jpeg.ccdf1b24c1a5b1200090f43d0bbb94c3.jpeg

Thank you guys👍

On 4/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, charliechocolate said:

low-volume

They are quite high volum, on my track 700 I didnt use it and didnt even use an insole, but I’ll look how it feels!

23 hours ago, dredman said:

Yes, you want to keep them!

Thanks David, and also for the bootfitting stuff, I am still dialing everything. I have bought UPZ see how they feel. Did your 425 Pro fitted perfectly out of the box?

On 4/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, Hug Masso said:

Did your 425 Pro fitted perfectly out of the box?

I have really normal feet and using the directions from the alpine carving site, I have been very happy with deluxe boots and stock themo liners.  I do spray the liners on the outside with a 3M spray adhesive and let them dry before putting them in shells.  This added little bit of rubbery texture prevents the liner from sliding in shell. Sometimes I use a bit of adhesive boot fitters foam to help hold my heel down. I can send you some pictures in a few days if you are curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dredman said:

I do spray the liners on the outside with a 3M spray adhesive and let them dry before putting them in shells.

Interesting idea! Could help with that last tiny bit of heel lift where my liner slips upwards. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, dredman said:

can send you some pictures in a few days if you are curious. 

Yes, if you can, I really like how everybody does different tricks and that helps me understand better. Just to be sure then: you cooked the thermoliners and did the foam and toe caps thing and that has worked for you. Never have had any pressure point? It bothers me cause I also believe I have very normal feet, but maybe I am wrong…

Thank you (and hope you are recovering smoothly from your crash in Switzerland). 

Hugo

Thanks! I’ll wait for the pictures, the season’s over here, so have some time to do that shit and try to have the best fitting boots of all time.

Comment aside, 4 or 5 years ago I had 6 broken ribs doing boxing, and it was shitty 1 month after, although to be fair once you are ****ed, you might as well be ****ed everywhere, and then, when you get better, EVERYTHING gets better. So yeah, better to happen all at once than one thing after the other. I know it is not the most elaborate consolation, but it worked for me. 

Probably the most important thing is you seem to have a playful and positive character, so that will help. Beware if they are stuffing you with opioids, get off of them ASAP, cause at some length they can become a nightmare and make you heavily addicted. I know you know, but again, doesnt hurt to remember. In the USA, some hundreds thousands have died from the opioid epidemic. Here in Europe, there is much more control, and those medications are reserved for hardcore cancers and folks who have a few day lefts to live. 

Keep on truckin’ Dave

image.jpeg.9ee5a8656236dd4252ffd8a52321046a.jpeg

@Hug Masso I have been off the pain pills for over 3 weeks.  I really do not like how they make me feel at all.  They were mandatory to get any sleep for the first 3 weeks.  Ribs are knitting up but still noticeable.  Jogging or bouncing around both the shoulder and ribs ask me kindly to stop.  But I want to get back to both bouncing and jogging so I keep checking. 

IMG_4333.jpeg.abcf25c59d0dfb834c55aa8ca4ffbfd4.jpegnicely, 

You can see a thin layer of boot fitter foam I stuck in there.  Just helps with my heel hold down.  

IMG_4332.jpeg.c489f237a4afb76f87dad8a3e599f905.jpeg

• Like 2