Note to New Members ×

Live Stream with Lars from Justaride Monday at 7pm Pacific

crackaddict

Couldn't make it to the live stream (5am for me) but watched the recording now and a lot of good discussion there. It's always interesting to hear with what kind of gear people got started with and if they took any classes or such. I think those early sessions really affect your riding style even if you later purposely learn a new style.

• Like 1

And vs the ash core cheater. Whhhomp vs growl? No shhhhhhhh. Stay tuned, right. 👍  🍿 

Does listening to music play a factor to 2-3 collision encounters per season at a mountain all to yourself on groomer days? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Odd Job said:

I know you tried tainting him on Coiler and JJ.

Do you mean tempting him?  He rode a Coiler today, I'll let him speak to his own impressions.  A few turns on video coming soon.

53 minutes ago, dhamann said:

Does listening to music play a factor to 2-3 collision encounters per season at a mountain all to yourself on groomer days? 

What's that?  I can't hear you...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

These videos are I think doing more for carving than I've seen for decades. You're getting penetration in places I'd previously have had to keep my ability to ride (as opposed to spin) a secret. The fashion's been turning for a while, but even so, I think you hit this one in the right way at the right time. 

I think the "instruction" thing may be apposite too. A lot of kids rushed out to buy Koura boards, but I rarely see those ridden well. I think that's because people assumed it was a gear thing, where as actually... it's a rider skill thing.

• Like 2

i'm sure James mentioned something about ASB to Lars and quoting him from a comment on YT and putting here will be ok, but...

@Odd Job

"The titanal thing is something I can't actually speak about. I've ridden two of such boards: Korua Bullet train and this coiler. The Korua has nothing on this Coiler Contra in any way. I did also get some rebound, for sure, but I had to make that happen myself rather - as in I had to pop out of a turn more actively than on my ash boards. Vibration dampening is on another level!! My Cheater is insanely damp, but this Coiler was even smoother - too smooth for my liking. The key is: that board with its 29.6cm waist was WAY too wide for me!! Although I have bigger feet than James, it was much too wide. This contributes much more to the sluggish feel than the construction." -LH

as Lars points out, he has a different style and approach than James but the goals are the same. the my way or the highway approach does not help anything but ego. ie. the duck carver who felt the need to blow Lars up in a socials posting that is the reason for the vid above. the dark side to snowboarding. boo! i see James approach to being fairly specific and Lars being more overall. i can appreciate the fantastic information and contributions from both channels. it is very difficult and takes a lot of guts and effort to put themselves out there, on camera for this stuff. give em some friggen credit, just as the historically big names like Jones and Fawcett deserve credit for their efforts. different levels, absolutely!!! but can't we all get along?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, philw said:

These videos are I think doing more for carving than I've seen for decades. You're getting penetration in places I'd previously have had to keep my ability to ride (as opposed to spin) a secret. The fashion's been turning for a while, but even so, I think you hit this one in the right way at the right time. 

I think the "instruction" thing may be apposite too. A lot of kids rushed out to buy Koura boards, but I rarely see those ridden well. I think that's because people assumed it was a gear thing, where as actually... it's a rider skill thing.

I agree but the No chance duck stance people are in an uproar