Note to New Members ×

Sinline Plates - overview and review

WinterGold

Background info:

After riding most of the major plate systems myself (Vist, Kessler, Apex, Bomber, SG, Allflex), I came to the conclusion that the advantages outweigh the negatives, so it was plates for me.

But I never liked the isolating part of the plates (think about the 5mm Bomber plate or the SG plate as extreme examples). I wanted my plate to be low to the board, light weight and it should provide as much board feel as possible.

Sinline:

When I first stepped on the original version of the Sinline plate (see picture), I thought I was riding no plate at all and I instantly loved the feeling when riding. This plate looked great, had a solid build, great hinge mechanisms, had a low stack height and a low weight and provided excellent board feel.

Coming from different Allflex plates, you could feel that you lose a bit of stability, which wasn’t a real issue for me. Still I was curious about the World Cup version of the Sinline plate (see picture). And just as I had imagined, the WC version offered more stability and power, but still kept most of the advantages of the original Sinline plate.

This year they added the Vision model (see picture). It is positioned between the other two models and does a great job as well. A little less torsional stiffness than the World Cup version allows you to react very fast and have a super fast turn initiation.

All plates come in different flex variations. I ride all my models in flex M (I am around 75kg).

I am not a racer, but the plate made a medal in the last Olympics, so I guess it works for racing as well 💪🏼.

Original:

IMG_5507.jpeg.584eae3bafee06fbe796cc2b6b7c7154.jpeg

World Cup: old and new version. The new version has a different spring mechanism, different cut and fewer parts for assembling.

IMG_7163.jpeg.48fe9016059d60268f6757d831e1e3b6.jpeg

Vision:

IMG_7253.jpeg.f56d7b750e1f1bd1f21a0f846380559e.jpeg

You can check more details on their website.

https://sinline.si

Have great season! 🤟🏼🏂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hey Gerald,

couldnt agree more.

I did try a few plates too, ranging from Allflex, SG, Vist and finally landed on Sinline. Maybe not as extensive as you did, but I ended up with the same conclusion.

I really like the original sinline plate and I chose it for daily driver. Gives enough stability and grip when compared too allflex, without the brick weight that you get out of allflex (at least in longitudinal).

I did try the world cup sinline, but deemed it a touch too heavy for daily driver.

if anybody is thinking an allflex insert pattern plate for carving, look no further - Sinline is your port of call.

Also riding M stiffness at 80 kgs.

Cheers

• Like 3

Thanks for the review. I’m curious how one gets a Sinline in Canada and will put it on my radar to look at further. I’ve really been enjoying the older-tech Apex V2 plate for this season, but it certainly has a slightly higher stack height; and I know the new Allflex/Sinline design is supposed to be a step forward.

Do they use the same insert pattern as Allflex? And is the Sinline lower profile than something like the Allflex H longitudinal plate?

The Vision seems similar to the Allflex H-cut category, although the Vision appears to be slightly heavier (only 150g or so). Have you specifically ridden the Allflex H-cut as well?

Finally, I do have a question that I hope you’ll take in the honest advertising spirit it was intended — do you receive any product or form of compensation from Sinline? 

Many thanks! 

• Like 1

I don‘t think that the different Allflex plates have different heights. So the Sinline should be lower.

I remember that the weights differed quite a lot between the Allflex plates from different production years (because of stability issues). So comparing weights will be somewhat difficult. The Sinline definitely feels lighter, but that is certainly because of other factors (less torsionally rigidity) as well.

I understand your question about the affiliation. But I arrived at these companies (Oxess and Sinline) AFTER a long process of testing and comparing. Only after I decided that these companies make the best available gear for my riding style, I contacted them and asked for their support. I am not advertising here as that would not help the community. These are my honest opinions. They might change over time, but for now that is the status quo.

I wrote this review just because some members were asking for it.

The insert pattern is the same as Allflex.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1