Note to New Members ×

Thirst 22CC+ Softboot Carver

Cookie Monster

Genuinely curious about the other Canadian custom boards you have in your quiver...? 

JJA and Prior come to mind, I'm not aware of others but I'm probably a bit in the dark so would be interested in learning more.

Great to hear that your first Thirst experience was so positive! 

Edited by slabber

Ha! I had asked Mark to design an "all-Mountain" board like this for me several years ago. Before he got around to it, he offered to sell me a 169 PCjv swallowtail he built for himself and I kind of lost my desire for a CC+.

@rwmaron bought this CC+ from @Algunderfoot and BSO sports in Bessemer a couple of years ago and loved it until he decided to go all softboot and his big feet weren't comfortable  riding softies with the high angles required on a 23cm board. 

I asked if he'd let me try it before he sold it, well I kind of fell in love with it today :1luvu: and I'm keeping it.  :eplus2: This one was built with a matched sidecut (no warp) and at first I didn't like it as much, but somehow today it felt great. It dealt with all the late day ruts (most of them mine) and crud. It was a pleasure riding with more relaxed angles in my hardboots . My body liked the change of position.

image0(6).jpeg.c19fef3d5ba649d38e0ffb6b3ab5b670.jpeg

You're gonna have to pry it outta my cold dead hands

165cm x 23cm waist 10.5scr 145cm effective edge ~1.7 cm taper and powder nose

I was simply carving on it today (no deep snow) and it rode like you'd expect from a Thirst--rock solid carving edge that hangs on all the way through every turn. No chatter, no slarvey sketchiness, just pure pencil-line carving.  

**12/16/23 edit after referring to the Thirst website**

This CC+ is an earlier iteration of the 22CC+ and not the same as the 1st post above, but part of the evolution from BX to CC to CC+ to 22CC+. Originally designed with the intention of introducing softbooters to carving on a board designed for carving wearing soft or hard boots so as to ease the softbooter's transition to hardboots. Well, that plan seems to have backfired, as the 22CC+FAF  appears to be designed (by popular demand) specifically for softboot carving  and comes in much wider widths (FAF = fat-as-f**k).

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I'm the proud new owner of Dave's CC board thanks @bigwavedave. I fell in love with this board as well but on day one. Mounted with hard boots it was ripping the whole mountain from 12-15" of pow to groomers.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:33 PM, Pigbrogg said:

Beautiful board! I'm still waiting for Mark to build one for me.🥲

Hopefully you get yours before the season ends! If I had only one board this would be it!

• Like 3